Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

SIG in business

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

SIG in business

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:57 AM
BillinIndiana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG in business

I just ordered last week and recently checked my "Order Status" on their site.. It showed that they were out of CA Medium and had a box where I could delete it from my order. So that is what I did.. Well my original order was up over the $150and this granted me Free Shipping. So with deleteing the CA it took me down to $147.75 , just $2.25 shy of the $150 mark...... SO you Know what happened next ? Yep, I receive a e-mail that my order has been processed and $157.70 had been charged to my Debit Card.. They dinged me $9.95 for the Shipping

I know this is only $10 bucks and not a huge deal, but I called and explained what had happened. I told them after I hit the Delete box for the CA from my order list I was never given a chance to " Continue Shopping" or to " Add New Items" or anything of the sorts.. Also I told them that I'm now being charged Shipping because They didn't have the product that I ordered... It said it was back ordered.. They told me I should have called..? I said "Well this is was my 1st order through SIG and thought I was going to be able to add to my existing order when I removed the item that You didn't have.." Then they she says," I'm not even seeing that the CA was ever on the order."
I was thinking... OK, this is going Nowhere !! BYE...

Like I said "It's only $10 bucks" , but it's not like I just decided that I didn't want something.. They didn't have it.. And it was $6.99 bottle of glue for Christ's sake....

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
huck1199

Computer software has no compassion.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
BillinIndiana

ORIGINAL: huck1199

Computer software has no compassion.
Yes I can understand that, especially if this would have occurred over the period of days or even a whole day.. This all took place within 15 minutes... I deleted the CA, received the E-mail about the charges and made the phone call. I doubt if it is impossible to refund my debit card and recharge it minus the shipping especially since I called within 15 minutes.. I highly doubt that my order was processed and out of their store within 15 minutes.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 AM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sig is still in business.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Smashmaster

I bought some ailerons a few weeks ago for a very old kit I had. When I called something happened that some of the younger people might not pay attention to. BUT SOMEONE ANSWERED THE PHONE. I didn't get voice mail. Ididn't get push 1 or 2 for english or spanish.
I got Sig,may I help you. She looked for a bit,and found my ailerons. I got them and they were right. It tool less than 10 minutes to get them ordered. I didn't have to play phone tag. I hope they can make it through these bad times.

I think the only "bussiness" that is thriving right now in the USA is our beloved government. If they aren't stopped Sig certainly won't be the only "familiar company"we will be missing.

Fred