Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Kozzy_98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

As for the HV version, it looks exactly the same just HV capable.. the specs are the same for 6.0V on both.

Also Simon posted two youtube videos with his new ZYX firmware, Ill pop them in just incase you haven't yet seen them already.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rf_t79yppY&[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PunYiqEYtU&[/youtube]
Old 08-31-2012, 04:08 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Okay; I have a line on a used Align 3GFBL unit; it looks like a good deal but I understand they are older technology and I don't know if it does the mixing internally. Looking at the setup vids I've seen it appears pretty complex; am I better off getting one of the BeastXClone units you guys have? Price is close to the BeastXclone.

mnem
*Fly-less*
Ihave a 3G unit that Ipicked up from Fee Bay that is installed in a $9 LH clone. I am running the Emax ES08D servos in it and it does VERYWELL.
Ifound that following the instructions was straight forward, and it set up right the very first time. (I am not very good at following directions.)
Ihave mine set up CCPM from the radio, but from reading the instructions, you can set it up and let the unit do the mixing.
Ihave heard of problems from these units, but Iguess Igot lucky.
Let me know if I can help you.
Bryan
Old 08-31-2012, 04:59 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

As for the HV version, it looks exactly the same just HV capable.. the specs are the same for 6.0V on both.

Also Simon posted two youtube videos with his new ZYX firmware, Ill pop them in just incase you haven't yet seen them already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rf_t79yppY&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PunYiqEYtU&
Interesting watching that first one as I also had a random pitch up on mine. Luckily I wasnt trying a loop at the time.
Maybe a glitch in the firmware but other than that its working well.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
ahamay

I've done another 5 flights on mine this morning with the 3.5 firmware and it's flying ok... I've tweaked quite a few settings and the pitching problem has not reappeared but it was dead calm today and I only seem to get it when flying into a head wind. It's like the gyro is correcting the wrong way and it's pitching with the wind instead of against it. I don't know but I hope there is another update soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PIHyLjzvQ&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

I've done another 5 flights on mine this morning with the 3.5 firmware and it's flying ok... I've tweaked quite a few settings and the pitching problem has not reappeared but it was dead calm today and I only seem to get it when flying into a head wind. It's like the gyro is correcting the wrong way and it's pitching with the wind instead of against it. I don't know but I hope there is another update soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PIHyLjzvQ&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Yeah mine only pitched up when flying into the wind as well.
Thinking about it now I have been slowly increasing D gain from 10 and now its at 17 with no wobbles and hasnt pitched up since.
Maybe something to think about. Stopped when I got to 17 but might try increasing a bit more and see what that does.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 PM
mnemennth

The tail servo will be that new TGY-306G servo from HK which looks to be an ablsolute ripper. What I have found with the new build is that the MT frame, the one where you need those servo mounting parts absolutely loves the HK939/929MG as the cyclic servos when the mod is performed on them. This works well for me as I have alot of 939/929MG servos and like 3 spare MT frames!
HK have just added a High Voltage version of that servo as well...something to watch out for..... there's two version to pick from now.

TGY-306G-HV High Voltage Ultra Fast/High Torque MG Digital Alloy Cased Servo 3.7kg / .05sec / 21g
Ummm... yeah. It's a rebranded MKS DS92A; as I mentioned all the way back when:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11199845

And it's the servo I was referring to as a popular "Benchmark model" for cyclic way back when I was noob-meat and p!ssed in your Cheerios, Jonesy.

Quality-wise, they're competitive with anything short of megabuck robotics servos (which they also make) and at HK's prices, I've been drooling and imagining my half-built HDX450 with FBL and all MKS DS92A servos. Just wish I had either the direct-drive-belt kit or a TT kit for it. Even with this all HobbyMate FBL deal (Which I think ultimately beats even the Align 3G deal I was looking at hands-down):

http://www.targethobby.com/hobbymate...p-4162203.html

and $89 for 4 servos, It'll still be $180-$200 with shipping... *wibble*

[EDIT]

Oh, and Bob - is THIS the 550 you were talking about on HK, or is the TT version brand new?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24687

Aside from the canopy looking cheesy even in the photos (which my experience with HK indicates is always an honest representation LOL) it is STOUT-LOOKING!
At $140 it REALLYdoes seem like a steal... and then when you're done you've got all the electronics you need for a Goblin. *CACKLE*

mnem
No, no, no... must be good... baby needs yogurtzz & diaperzz....

Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
ahamay

The tail servo will be that new TGY-306G servo from HK which looks to be an ablsolute ripper. What I have found with the new build is that the MT frame, the one where you need those servo mounting parts absolutely loves the HK939/929MG as the cyclic servos when the mod is performed on them. This works well for me as I have alot of 939/929MG servos and like 3 spare MT frames!
HK have just added a High Voltage version of that servo as well...something to watch out for..... there's two version to pick from now.

TGY-306G-HV High Voltage Ultra Fast/High Torque MG Digital Alloy Cased Servo 3.7kg / .05sec / 21g
Ummm... yeah. It's a rebranded MKS DS92A; as I mentioned all the way back when:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11199845

And it's the servo I was referring to as a popular "Benchmark model" for cyclic way back when I was noob-meat and p!ssed in your Cheerios, Jonesy.

Quality-wise, they're competitive with anything short of megabuck robotics servos (which they also make) and at HK's prices, I've been drooling and imagining my half-built HDX450 with FBL and all MKS DS92A servos. Just wish I had either the direct-drive-belt kit or a shaft drive kit for it. Even with this all HobbyMate FBL deal (Which I think ultimately beats even the Align 3G deal I was looking at hands-down):

http://www.targethobby.com/hobbymate...p-4162203.html

and $89 for 4 servos, It'll still be $180-$200 with shipping... *wibble*

mnem
No, no, no... must be good... baby needs yogurtzz & diaperzz....
They probably send hobbyking all the servos that didn't meet the claimed speed rating. Inotice hobby king are good at rounding.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
mnemennth

Hoookay... I've looked and looked and looked and I can't find 'em anywhere; I guess I don't know what the parts peoples call these things.

What I'm looking for is a backing plate for the 9G servos; it looks sortof like this product, but it's made out of metal and the two center holes for the 9G servos have a 2mm thread.

http://tarot-rc-heli.com/450-PRO-V2-...OR-PLATE-HENGE

They're used to eliminate the need to monkey-fart around with tiny nuts and needle-nose pliers on older-style T-Rex 450 clones that don't have the plastic inserts in the frame like the newer versions do. I had 2 sets of them that came with one of my Align T-Rex 450s; I've kept them all these years and used them on my HK-450GT. Now I can't find 'em, and I can't seem to find replacements either.

ARGGH!

Anybelly got any ideas? I hate to make 'em out of aluminum plate...

mnem
*Wasted on the young*

Old 08-31-2012, 07:14 PM
mnemennth

They probably send hobbyking all the servos that didn't meet the claimed speed rating. Inotice hobby king are good at rounding.
I suspected (and mentioned) the very same thing when I first saw the specs; but looking at HK's specs and the MKSspecs, they are an accurate rounding to 2 decimal points from specs rated to 3 decimals. The difference between the two is statistically insignificant; I 'm wondering if HK did this to fit the specs into their catalog's filtering engine... maybe that field only has room for 2 decimal places.

Anyways... After hearing about your success with this product, I'm definitely thinking (drooling) hard about them myself...

mnem
*wibble*

Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM
ingleburn

Hoookay... I've looked and looked and looked and I can't find 'em anywhere; I guess I don't know what the parts peoples call these things.

What I'm looking for is a backing plate for the 9G servos; it looks sortof like this product, but it's made out of metal and the two center holes for the 9G servos have a 2mm thread.

They're used to eliminate the need to monkey-fart around with tiny nuts and needle-nose pliers on older-style T-Rex 450 clones that don't have the plastic inserts in the frame like the newer versions do. I had 2 sets of them that came with one of my Align T-Rex 450s; I've kept them all these years and used them on my HK-450GT. Now I can't find 'em, and I can't seem to find replacements either.

ARGGH!

mnem
*Wasted on the young*

Closest thing I can think of is this.. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp

Not made of metal though.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
ahamay

I suspected (and mentioned) the very same thing when I first saw the specs; but looking at HK's specs and the MKSspecs, they are an accurate rounding to 2 decimal points from specs rated to 3 decimals. The difference between the two is statistically insignificant; I 'm wondering if HK did this to fit the specs into their catalog's filtering engine... maybe that field only has room for 2 decimal places.

Anyways... After hearing about your success with this product, I'm definitely thinking (drooling) hard about them myself...

mnem
*wibble*
I don't have one yet, but Ihave one on the way that should be here next week for my tarot 450 pro build. Actually there are a few here that have ordered one of these, I'm sure there will be some good reviews on it in the next few weeks.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:37 PM
ahamay

ARGGH!

mnem
*Wasted on the young*

I've seen those plates before but I can't find them. Something like this would probably also work:

Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ARGGH!

mnem
*Wasted on the young*

Try Googling 'Servo adapter plates'. My KDS 450 uses metal ones, and the Gaui 425 series uses plastic ones.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 PM
mnemennth

mnem
*wibble*
I don't have one yet, but Ihave one on the way that should be here next week for my tarot 450 pro build. Actually there are a few here that have ordered one of these, I'm sure there will be some good reviews on it in the next few weeks.
Sorry; I thought I read that you had one already in place as a tail servo. Must've been Kozzy & his 922s I was thinking of, or maybe I just confused the plans you'd made for stuff that had already happened.

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ARGGH!

mnem
*Wasted on the young*
Closest thing I can think of is this.. www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp

Not made of metal though.
Now that is something that would work; though still requiring the pliers long enough to get 'em started. Unless I was to set 'em in place on the servo tab with a dab of silicone sealant...

I've seen those plates before but I can't find them. Something like this would probably also work:

These are also an option, but again would need to be silly-coned into place to kep the needle-nose pliers out of the party. However, they DOlook like a really nice metal replacement for the plastic ones in my Hausler/Aeolian450 birds. Hmmm... *Files that one away for later*

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc
Try Googling 'Servo adapter plates'. My KDS 450 uses metal ones, and the Gaui 425 series uses plastic ones.
That was my thought too; should be easy-peasy, right? *HONNNNK!* Wrong answer!LOL

I tried every combination of 9G, Servo, plate, mount, mounting, and/or backing I could think of; the closest I got was that silly CFadapter to put a 9G micro-size servo on the tail of a 450Pro. I'm still tempted to make them; if my scrollsaw wasn't busted I wouldn't even be thinking twice about it; I can make 6 of 'em at a time widdat.

Okay; I'm so tired I can't focus on the words on the screen. Thanks for your help guys, I'm vapor.

mnem
*POOF!*

Old 09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
BarbieDoll

I see therare now a few ppl that have learned proper dial inand can now take off in a straight vertical punch..Awsome. And a few of you said it was not possible..-poke-poke- Pretty easy yes ?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Ddaddy

Happy Labor Day ya'll.

From Texas,
Ken
Old 09-02-2012, 05:04 PM
ingleburn

Hi guys, just got back from flying. 5 packs through the 450 and 3 on the MCPX.

Before I went out I watched Simons latest vid and saw that he had set his D gain back to 30 and upped the pitch and roll gains a bit.

It seemed to be working so I decided to play around with mine as well.

Got the D gains to 25 before it started to develop a slight wobble so left them there and it seemed to fly ok. No great improvement although I was flinging it around a bit.

Tached it as well and headspeed at hover is 3100.

Had another glitch though on the last pack where it went full pitch for a moment and thats a worry. Into the wind again so anyone upgrading to 3.5 just watch out for it.

Spent my time on the MCPX doing flips for the first time. Only dramas I had were adding some unwanted ail input when pulling back on the stick and adding to much possitive pitch on exits which caused it to stall.
Other than that not to bad for a first effort. Think it will be a while before I try it on the 450 though.

You guys in the states have a great Labor day and hope you get some stick time in.

Wind is finally settling down here so might get a few days flying in a row.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Edmund2

Mnem, where did you get Kakked in the English vocabularly? Great version of an Afrikaans word (my language) and reading your sentence the meaning (end result) is exactly the same when we ad the "ked" to it. Implication being not good quality and it got busted

No flying over the weekend as it was far too windy for my skillset. Did some gameviewing instead.

HiJen, good to see you popped in.

Edmund

Old 09-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I haven't died either, just lurking for the past month or so. I've had almost no chance to fly in quite a while. This week looks really busy just like the last three months, but I'm going to try and get out anyway and burn through a couple batteries.
I got my wide angle HD key cam the other day. It seems to work pretty well. Maybe I'll get brave enough to video my next flight... it's been so long hopefully you won't see a crash!

Joaquin
Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
oldfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Hey all,
Can anyone tell me if BLADE 450 parts interchange with HK 450 parts ?
I'm mostly interested to know about the main blade grips interchanging.

Right now, I'm akin to the plastic blade holders.

Never mind, I see that the links mount differently
on the BLADE 450 grips.
Thank you.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Just got back from an awesome weekend with the wifey!

Absolutely wonderful Wx and company at a local resort!

I love just being able to tell a lovely, and I DO mean lovely waitress what you want and just give them your room number!!

I work four days this week and then off like a prom dress to Florida's west coast for a beach weekend!

Then, the "walk of shame" back to weekends for 60 days.

Upside, is, is more flying then!

I have seen all the viddys and read your posts and I surmise that Jonesy was right. sometimes its a gamble with "2.0" software!

With heli's sometimes it's "something gained, major loss" rather than the tired and true axiom of "Nothing gained, nothing lost"!

Thanx for being the "lab rat" on this one Simon!

All the best!

b
Old 09-03-2012, 05:20 PM
ingleburn

@ Joaquin. Hope you get some flying in soon. I know how work gets in the way.

@ Brian. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I had the same thing in Thailand but I think the wants might have been a bit different.
Hate to say it but Ill be glad when your walk of shame starts. Been a bit quiet in here and your blather will be welcome.

@ all. Went out again this morning and found a bigger patch of ground to fly on. Weather was great and really enjoyed it.
Vids uploading now but no blather as I was kinda expecting a crash as Im going a bit beyond my comfort zone.
Sorry to report no crashes but on the last flight it glitched again so Ill upload it for you to take a look at.
Seems to be the same symtoms as Simons, flying into the wind and giving elevator it just takes off.
Luckily Im only trying to level out not do a loop as Simon is when it glitches.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM
ingleburn

Ok videos are up. First one is me enjoying the bigger field although a few times I come close to hitting the fence.

Second one shows the glitch at 4:30 but it doesnt look that bad as I reacted pretty quickly.

Sorry no blather exept at the end of the second one when I was pleased that I did a little auto.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdgs-WZj_U[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-mvva5Y6U[/youtube]
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

@ Joaquin. Hope you get some flying in soon. I know how work gets in the way.

@ Brian. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I had the same thing in Thailand but I think the wants might have been a bit different.
Hate to say it but Ill be glad when your walk of shame starts. Been a bit quiet in here and your blather will be welcome.

@ all. Went out again this morning and found a bigger patch of ground to fly on. Weather was great and really enjoyed it.
Vids uploading now but no blather as I was kinda expecting a crash as Im going a bit beyond my comfort zone.
Sorry to report no crashes but on the last flight it glitched again so Ill upload it for you to take a look at.
Seems to be the same symtoms as Simons, flying into the wind and giving elevator it just takes off.
Luckily Im only trying to level out not do a loop as Simon is when it glitches.

I'm not happy at all with 3.5, it's not flyable in anything more than a slight breeze. It's interesting if you fly in dead calm conditions you never see this problem, yet if you fly into a headwind more than about 5 knots you get cyclic pitch issues. I think I'm going to flash the old firmware back.

I was reluctant to update to this 3.5 but over on rcg people are raving about the improvements and most people have had success so I bit the bullet. I havn't seen any discussion on the pitching issue.

I'll be leaving my v1 zyx in the new 450 pro build at the current firmware.

Jonesy

Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
ingleburn

I'm not happy at all with 3.5, it's not flyable in anything more than a slight breeze. It's interesting if you fly in dead calm conditions you never see this problem, yet if you fly into a headwind more than about 5 knots you get cyclic pitch issues. I think I'm going to flash the old firmware back.

I was reluctant to update to this 3.5 but over on rcg people are raving about the improvements and most people have had success so I bit the bullet. I havn't seen any discussion on the pitching issue.

I'll be leaving my v1 zyx in the new 450 pro build at the current firmware.

Jonesy

It always seems to be on my last battery and by then the wind is up.
The RCG guys mainly do 3D so might not experience it. Other than the pitching I love it but when I start trying loops Im sure it will end in disaster.
Hope 3.6 comes out soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.