Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Does Redcat make any boats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Liger of Awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Redcat make any boats?

Im planning on gettin a boat but i dont know that to get if there is a Redcat boat i will be looking them up
Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Does Redcat make any boats?

Redcat doesn't 'make' anything. It just resells HSP stuff. If HSP has a boat, Redcat could apply to resell it.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Redcat doesn't 'make' anything. It just resells HSP stuff. If HSP has a boat, Redcat could apply to resell it.
I dont know this for sure foxy, but I think they have more than 1 manufacturer.

Ive asked Redcat about a boat. Its something they would like to do, but at this time they dont feel they could sell enough for it to be worth it to them. They are still a small company (as compared to losi, traxxas, hpi ect.)
Old 08-31-2012, 01:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He didn't ask if they "make" a boat (in your words), he asked "if there is a Redcat boat", you as a moderator should maybe show a little more "tact" when answering a question instead of just making a comment which didn't help the poster in any way, shape or form but actually make a post that is derogatory.

Sorry to everyone here if I sound a little "unhappy" in my post, just found this reply a little offbeat coming from a moderator to this forum.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

moderator or not, there are many who put down redcat cause they dont "make" what they sell.

Sure, the big companies design their models (redcat does to a small degree) but they dont "make" most of the parts. Most are made over seas, just like redcat. The only big difference is that the big companies most likely assemble the models in the US.

Most who bash Redcat products, are those who can afford $500 trucks. If you compare a savage to a earthquake, you wont likely want the earthqauke. But if all you can afford is the $200 earthquake, you can have as much fun as the guy who has the $500 savage.

I own some traxxas, hpi, tamiyas ect along with my redcat models. But most of my redcats I bought NEW, where-as most of my big-name models I bought used cause I couldnt afford then otherwise.

sure would like to see a brushless boat from redcat tho.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

moderator or not, there are many who put down redcat cause they dont ''make'' what they sell.

Sure, the big companies design their models (redcat does to a small degree) but they dont ''make'' most of the parts. Most are made over seas, just like redcat. The only big difference is that the big companies most likely assemble the models in the US.

Most who bash Redcat products, are those who can afford $500 trucks. If you compare a savage to a earthquake, you wont likely want the earthqauke. But if all you can afford is the $200 earthquake, you can have as much fun as the guy who has the $500 savage.

I own some traxxas, hpi, tamiyas ect along with my redcat models. But most of my redcats I bought NEW, where-as most of my big-name models I bought used cause I couldnt afford then otherwise.

sure would like to see a brushless boat from redcat tho.
same opinion from me, in fact the less expensive Traxxis and Hpi models often resemble similar design and manufacture of parts. Like you said, to compare a Savage or Revo to a $300 Redcat is not really a fair fight. Redcat is what it is. Unfortunately they require a bit more hands on, which can work against a newcomer trying to learn the ropes of this hobby. If your a guy like us that likes to tinker, mod, and adjust, Redcat is a great value.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
ehroof

Still, the original poster just asked if "there is a Redcat boat" and for a moderator on this forum to answer the way they did just seems wrong, it did not answer his question. There was nothing about value or if they make what they sell, the reliability, just a very simple "if there is a redcat boat" and somone with some knowledge of the product whether it be a redcat employee, dealer, or moderator should have just answered simply that they do not offer a boat, sell a boat, etc.....

I have been around the redcat forum for many years and used to hearing all the negatives, also own many other rc brands, too many, lol.... some have more problems then others but fix and repair is part of any hobby, thats what makes this a hobby... i also do model railroading, slot cars and every form of rc out there and scale and all take constant attention.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Dads like rc too

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Still, the original poster just asked if ''there is a Redcat boat'' and for a moderator on this forum to answer the way they did just seems wrong, it did not answer his question. There was nothing about value or if they make what they sell, the reliability, just a very simple ''if there is a redcat boat'' and somone with some knowledge of the product whether it be a redcat employee, dealer, or moderator should have just answered simply that they do not offer a boat, sell a boat, etc.....

I have been around the redcat forum for many years and used to hearing all the negatives, also own many other rc brands, too many, lol.... some have more problems then others but fix and repair is part of any hobby, thats what makes this a hobby... i also do model railroading, slot cars and every form of rc out there and scale and all take constant attention.
Hey ehroof, good to see you lurking the forum again. I think most of us that have used other brands understand what you mean. I love my Redcats for what they are, a great budget priced rc that if gone over properly will give more than a budget experience in return. In my opinion, Foxy has always sounded a bit negative when it comes to Redcat. It may not be his intention, but that is the tone I've seen in his posts when it comes to Redcat. I think the biggest problem with Redcat is the brand attracts a lot of newcomers to the hobby that lack the experience to setup their rc out of the box and diagnose simple problems.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 PM
ehroof

for sure people new to the hobby are attracted to the price factor and being a novice to the hobby can wreak havoc on an rc for sure, from gear mesh to broken pullstarts, not to mention blown engines.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Yes he is always negative on redcats on on his other post admits to never owning one. HMMMMM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

I thought foxy owned some of the 1/5 redcats?

Maybe im thinking of another mod tho. I know there is a mod who's had a 1/5 redcat and has posted both in the 1/5 forum and in this forum.

We have to remember that forums are a place for expressing opinions. Like it or not, thats how it goes.

Yes, foxy is a mod. Be he is also human, and we all have bad days.

I personally dont get the hang up over redcat not making their own stuff. They sell them, provide parts and a good warrenty. Why pick on them for not making the models themselves?

All I know, is my $170 brushless tornado will smoke a $250 traxxas (brushed) model and hold its own against a $300+ vxl model.
and I have no more breakage with my tornado then I did with a rustler vxl (which had lots of RPM upgrades)
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: ehroof

He didn't ask if they ''make'' a boat (in your words), he asked ''if there is a Redcat boat'', you as a moderator should maybe show a little more ''tack'' when answering a question instead of just making a comment which didn't help the poster in any way, shape or form but actually make a post that is derogatory.

Sorry to everyone here if I sound a little ''unhappy'' in my post, just found this reply a little offbeat coming from a moderator to this forum.
I think you must have missed the title of the topic Ed. It clearly asks 'Does Redcat make any boats?'

You crack me up. I've never said anything negative about redcats, in fact, I've over and over again said I think they represent great value for money.

Pretty offensive being told I'm a hater when I actually think that the value that redcat adds to the HSP range is just that, value. Still, we've come to expect that in this forum.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

I thought foxy owned some of the 1/5 redcats?

Maybe im thinking of another mod tho. I know there is a mod who's had a 1/5 redcat and has posted both in the 1/5 forum and in this forum.

We have to remember that forums are a place for expressing opinions. Like it or not, thats how it goes.

Yes, foxy is a mod. Be he is also human, and we all have bad days.

I personally dont get the hang up over redcat not making their own stuff. They sell them, provide parts and a good warrenty. Why pick on them for not making the models themselves?

All I know, is my $170 brushless tornado will smoke a $250 traxxas (brushed) model and hold its own against a $300+ vxl model.
and I have no more breakage with my tornado then I did with a rustler vxl (which had lots of RPM upgrades)
Don't worry nitro, there's a little cadre in here mixed in amongst the genuine new hobbyists and fans, which are just super-clicky, go figure. I've explained my position over and over again, but they understand things that aren't there. I suppose its to be expected with so many Redcat haters around, but I am not one of them. Ask Darin, we used to chat regularly, but we lost touch for a while now. Like I care what Ed thinks about me. lol.

I've owned and worked on several HSPs, but no actual redcats. As I mentioned above, I think Redcat adds value (in the form of customer service) to the HSP range.

I actually thought my post was helpful, as the OP could have gone to HSPs site and see what they offer, then maybe approach redcat concerning what he saw. I genuinely don't know if HSP or Redcat has a boat, if they don't they should consider one. I have no hang up with resellers at all, as long as they add value, which I believe Redcat does. I feel sorry for some of the hobbyists that get into it with some of the dealers in here though.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
ehroof

I am glad you don't care what i think of you cause it's not much, thanks for the spell check, Nice try on that save by the way but its pretty obvious what you really meant in your unhelpful reply to the question. I am not a seller of redcat but a hobby enthusiast, into many brands and types of rc's and no matter what manufacturer forum that reply was in I would have said the same thing.

If you thought that post was helpful then I suggest you slow down on the thinking.

I corrected that spelling error since I didn't want you to loose any sleep over it.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
ehroof

i see some things never change on rcu, posts are removed, mods can say or do whatever they want.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:34 PM
rchobbyunlimited

LOL yep still the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Foxy

To the OP, regretfully, due to a stubborn contingent in this forum who seem unable to refrain from posting off topic in your thread, I'm afraid I must lock the topic due to multiple deletions. Please, feel free to make another thread if you have any further questions about Redcat products and we'll do our best to square you away.