Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: Arbo

Paul, I truly feel sorry for you. Have a great life.

Regards
Frank

It is noted you previously in this thread asked for 'proof' of your behavior, and when it was provided, quit commenting. Just wanted to remind you that nobody forgot that.

What are you talking about?
crank,
I think he is saying he provided some proof of something but I must have missed it. Can anyone provide a post number for this ''proof'' he provided or did the moderator here delete it before I got a chance to see it? Did anyone see this example?

Regards
Frank
Have no idea what he is talking about... I've been following along pretty close too. HMMM...Although I guess he has posted a lot of stuff and did indeed prove a few things but none of that is anything I would want to call attention to again if I were him... Maybe Ctrout can come in here and do some splain'in...
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM
ctrout

You know I leave you guys alone in here.99% of the time.
and you know its not a good idea to poke ~
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Arbo

Oh look, two claim to have never seen a response.. you know, back to when pfrank pretty much said 'give me proof or i'm done'...     readers can judge his statement as he has continued to post...

As a reminder from that post several pages back:

quote:

You are correct; I have reread my posts here and believe I have been reasonable, factual and civil in my responses and requests. The best I’ve gotten in return has been sarcasm and ridicule which is SOP when he has ever dealt with me. 

Here's an example of a thread that he participated in, moderated and made off topic posts and again locked without reason given;

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=14066

Please note that he has never shown any factual evidence or provided examples of wrong doing on my part and I seriously doubt that he can. Until he does I’m done.

Regards
Frank

Yes, you used the desire, stated by Jim Rice, to close down the forum due to the lack of civil behavior (as he had administrator/moderator access as well).    There is a huge irony in all of that, considering who he considered to be those that were causing all the 'trouble'.   

Stuff where you broke the rules and required moderation:   
1) Attacks on Kidepoxy
2) "I also agree with Brad that moderators should not moderate threads they participate in.  I hope the moderation I’ve already seen here was done by a third (uninvolved) moderator."  Removed because the AMA President said point blank, discussion of the moderation was not a topic for the public forum, to use PM's and other methods.    This was a recurring theme by you, broking at least dozens of times.  Including one where you referred to the other moderator as a 'brown nose'.   
3) you often responded to others and went on rants about their 'lack of comprehension', again, against the rules.
4) You quite often reposted messages that were removed due to rules violations.
5) you went on a rampage about how the leader members were 'hiding' stuff, insisting that sub form needed to be open to the public, just about always crossing the lines of the rules in terms of negativity put forth, and yet again, when messages were removed, you continuiously reposted them anway, with a total disreguard for the rules. 

I could go on, but I think this makes the point towards you statement that you 'never did wrong'.... 
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 AM
phlpsfrnk

Paul, I truly feel sorry for you. Have a great life.

Regards
Frank

It is noted you previously in this thread asked for 'proof' of your behavior, and when it was provided, quit commenting. Just wanted to remind you that nobody forgot that.

What are you talking about?
crank,
I think he is saying he provided some proof of something but I must have missed it. Can anyone provide a post number for this ''proof'' he provided or did the moderator here delete it before I got a chance to see it? Did anyone see this example?

Regards
Frank
Have no idea what he is talking about... I've been following along pretty close too. HMMM...Although I guess he has posted a lot of stuff and did indeed prove a few things but none of that is anything I would want to call attention to again if I were him... Maybe Ctrout can come in here and do some splain'in...
crank,
If he is refererring to his post #236 in this thread it was more empty words without examples, links or quotes that did not deserve a response.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11209174

If that is the proof he is referring to then I would suggest he lookup the definition for the word 'proof'. Just because he says it does not make it true. Throwing a bunch of stuff against the wall to see if anything sticks may sometimes work but first you need to be able to hit the wall.

Regards
Frank
Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 AM
phlpsfrnk

Oh look, two claim to have never seen a response.. you know, back to when pfrank pretty much said 'give me proof or i'm done'... readers can judge his statement as he has continued to post
Paul,
If you quote someone quote them completely.

"Please note that he has never shown any factual evidence or provided examples of wrong doing on my part and I seriously doubt that he can. Until he does I’m done."

There is no "or" in that statement and if you provide a complete post by me that was removed or a link or some example to back up your statements then they are baseless allegations that prove nothing and do not deserve a direct response from me.

Regards
Frank
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Arbo

If you quote someone quote them completely.

"Please note that he has never shown any factual evidence or provided examples of wrong doing on my part and I seriously doubt that he can. Until he does I’m done."

There is no "or" in that statement and if you provide a complete post by me that was removed or a link or some example to back up your statements then they are baseless allegations that prove nothing and do not deserve a direct response from me.

Regards
Frank
I gave a few examples of exactly what you did that was 'wrong doing' IAW the site rules there. If you want to deny all of it, well, that sits on your soul. But the reality is it is all very much true.

The statement "Until he does I'm done." is really kind of important as an insight into the person that posted it. As here you are, still not 'done'. One of two conclusions can be made from t his, the first being that proof has been shown, the other goes to the integrety of the words you type.

As I said, the readers can decide.

As an edit, this part of your previous post is so full of irony and hypocrisy it's simply amazing:

Just because he says it does not make it true. Throwing a bunch of stuff against the wall to see if anything sticks may sometimes work but first you need to be able to hit the wall.
Imust thank you again for a great big morning belly laugh. That is absolutly astounding.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 AM
phlpsfrnk

Removed because the AMA President said point blank, discussion of the moderation was not a topic for the public forum, to use PM's and other methods.
Paul,
Please provide a link in the AMA forum to that statement.

Regards
Frank
Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Arbo

Please provide a link in the AMA forum to that statement.
You are a funny man pfrank.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 AM
JUGFLIER

crank,
[:@]He and his ilk that hate anyone that disagrees or calls them out on their actions.

Regards
Frank
I irony of this statement, from this person, makes for a great morning belly laugh. I hope others read and see it as well, as a great big belly laugh is a great way to start the morning.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true. I am a living testimony to that fact. I was banned from district 5 website (though I never posted there) because of my scathing denunciation of Jim Cherry when he brought his thuggishness to AMA. I was indeed persecuted all the way up the chain for my position.
So yes, the AMA does not like nor tolerate any criticism or opposing views of it stated dogma or orthodoxy. Your innumerable posts in this thread drive that truth home again and again.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's true. I am a living testimony to that fact. I was banned from district 5 website (though I never posted there) because of my scathing denunciation of Jim Cherry when he brought his thuggishness to AMA. I was indeed persecuted all the way up the chain for my position.
So yes, the AMA does not like nor tolerate any criticism or opposing views of it stated dogma or orthodoxy. Your innumerable posts in this thread drive that truth home again and again.
Whatever the district 5 people did has nothing to do with the AMA forum. And as pointed out again and again, you can browse the AMA forum and find plenty of posts where people had criticism of the AMA and it's policies. It was allowed.

That some people were inable to be critical in a manner that stayed inside of the rules of the forum is their issue, not the AMA's issue.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM
phlpsfrnk

You are a funny man pfrank.
It was a simple request. You provide some "point blank" supposed statement of a rule that I violated that caused the removal of one of my posts that you quoted, yet you cannot provide a link to the stated rule.
Its not at the links below;

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/fb.ashx?m=20

or here;

http://www.modelaircraft.org/forums/fb.ashx?m=8332

So where is this rule that you as the moderator enforced but refuse to provide a link to?

Regards
Frank
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Arbo

It was a simple request.
You don't make simple requests, you make demands. You have done such repeatedly. You demand an explanation for every action everyone takes that you do not agree with. Sorry, but everyone around you is not your servant.

You are far from the only person told by the admins on the AMA site that discussing moderator issues on the open forum was not allowed, nor are you the only one that had such messages removed.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM
don olsen
My Feedback: (2)

What a bunch of grade school stuff! Posture and pose guys, is anything positive going on here. Go move your desk in the corner, all of you
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM
JUGFLIER

Whatever the district 5 people did has nothing to do with the AMA forum. And as pointed out again and again, you can browse the AMA forum and find plenty of posts where people had criticism of the AMA and it's policies. It was allowed.

That some people were inable to be critical in a manner that stayed inside of the rules of the forum is their issue, not the AMA's issue.

You don't stop and pay attention to what people say. I stated it was a systemic problem went up the chain. It went far beyond district 5.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Arbo

You don't stop and pay attention to what people say. I stated it was a systemic problem went up the chain. It went far beyond district 5.
Oh the irony. What I said was that on the AMA's forum, criticism was allowed. This means your claim of it being systemic is invalid.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: don olsen

What a bunch of grade school stuff! Posture and pose guys, is anything positive going on here. Go move your desk in the corner, all of you
Strike a pose....

Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

glad to see that the operations and hormone treatments are working out well for ya, arbo.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM
phlpsfrnk

ORIGINAL: mongo

glad to see that the operations and hormone treatments are working out well for ya, arbo.
That explains the mood swings.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

that pic was just WAY too easy a target to pass on.

bad mongo, baaaad.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep saying"I am not the problem"

This thread has been done for a while-maybe someone needs to make a political statement and it can be 'LOCKED DOWN"
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry-My PC got a glitch of some sort
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

What were some of the major [positive] accomplishments acheived by the AMA's forum..?
Can anyone furnish a list of let's say...just a round number...how about a Top 20..?
What did that forum provide that could not have been provided any other way..?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

I keep saying''I am not the problem''

This thread has been done for a while-maybe someone needs to make a political statement and it can be 'LOCKED DOWN''
We should avoid polarized political statements but statements about overall social direction seems to be germane to any understanding of one's perspective or opinion of any contentious issue IMO.

With that in mind, any forum that limits opinion, such as the AMA's forum demonstrated, is destined to fail...and it has. Now we will have a "blog" instead and it will be successful in doing nothing. LOL... Well, other than making the blogger feel good about itself...Just as all blogs do...
Old 09-12-2012, 07:02 AM
KidEpoxy

Arbo
They can not hide the history of their behavior.
I disagree

One can just peruse over there the threads deleted to hide the harassment done by the favored ones,
the threads deleted to hide the rec arguing of false statements by the favored ones.
What happened to the early threads where the proAMA'ers slandered USAmA ??
What happened to the Graytext$18 thread... poofed after months to hide harassment on the OP.
What happened to the Is The Forum Official thread (that BP was so livid in).
oh wait
we cant see their behavior hidden by deletion... BECAUSE IT WAS DELETED.

Shall I again post a quote of that one mod telling us
how he had to defend some folks from the ill will of the powers that be over there?
That he had to fight against banning them because they didnt do anything wrong.
That time and time again it was THEM that were attacked, baited, and harassed.
I doubt you need me to post it again, it was you that said it in the first place.

Cannot hide their behavior?
I suppose thats true if you believe Red should get yet some more "2nd Chances"
because we cant find any posts of him attacking KE.
Or you could believe / know that plenty of Reds attacks have been deleted/whitewashed and the pattern of behavior ignored for a favored one.

Hoss got a No-Warning 30day Ban for Masked Profanity,
What did Saltfisher get for the same activity?
Not even a warning? His masked profanity was still up a few months ago.

Cannot hide their behavior?
There are like 3 threads discussing Muroc cleansing / whitewashing threads.

Sure they hid their behavior,
why do you think the hidden LMs-Attacking-Members subforum was put in.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
KidEpoxy

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

What were some of the major [positive] accomplishments acheived by the AMA's forum..?
well, in my Graytext$18 thread over there I finally DID get the ama Comptroller to clear up
that $58 = $18 magazine + $40 the rest of Open Membership stuff

... oh, wait... they deleted that thread a year or two after it faded from page1.
I guess that is an Un-Accomplishment, or it was Retro-DisAccomplished after standing a year

hey, we also got the AMA pres to say we should just ask him about metal props
on a case by case 'Hey is this one ok to use' evaluation
.... which was locked by a mod that wanted to stop metal blade discussion from happening at all

wow, maybe you're right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.