Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Thanks Dave! 
Old 08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Searched the thread for cockpit kit and could not find any info. Is there a cockpit kit for the classic flash? If there is where do I get one?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Both Flash models come with an ABS moulded tub that can be made into a nice cockpit with some work.

Dw
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
izzy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have pictures of their cockpits??
ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

Both Flash models come with an ABS moulded tub that can be made into a nice cockpit with some work.

Dw
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
c_makhija

ORIGINAL: izzy

Dw

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91335.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1796769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13010.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1796770  
Old 08-31-2012, 04:24 AM
Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: c_makhija

Dw

Awesome!

Make me one please!

Mav
Old 09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the "flashes building this winter" thread is my cockpit, its an 1/8 scale F-18 cockpit, with a chopped up 1/6 scale pilot because at the time I couldn't find what I wanted.. I removed it for weight, so Im not using it.. PM me if you want to buy it.. dont need it..
Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

I dont have a cockpit, since i know whos flying the plane, and we dont have a lot of spectators to try and fool. What i like is to be able to look into the fuse tank, and see a 1/2 tank of fuel lef, and then take off for a couple of touch and goes, and then land. I like the landings, and take offs.
John

.....I was going to say something about going by too fast to see the cockpit, using a JetCat, and all. But then i thought of going out and flying in Vegas with Dave, and thought better of it.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys:

I'm finishing setting-up my UF and have encountered assymetric flap throw, one of the control links to the flaps requires to be shorter than the other in order for the flaps to be at the same position for the same servo horn position, has anyone else had this issue? this is the first time I have had this situation on any jet I have built, I believe I have a flap hinge geometry defect from manufacture.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Dave Wilshere

I have seen small differences with where the Flap horn protrudes further from the actual hinge line. How much difference do you have in the rod length?

Dave
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruiz, I had the same issue on first setup.. As Dave said, match the rod length.. I had to use servo matching to get mine to stay together on the UF... they were about 1/4 inch off.. also, you might have to lengthen both rods and move the horn one or two teeth.. It took me a little trial and error to get it, but got it.. If you dont have the extra channel, use a matchbox.. works too..put the "mid point" at the takeoff position and subtrim to match them...then adjust the endpoints to match.. then set the flap settings to final settings... that way, when they stop at each point, they will be aligned perfectly at Up/mid/down..
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Goose:

That's exactly what I did, I do have the extra channel, but wanted to use only one, so I used a matchbox and trimmed center on the mid flap position, it's working perfect right now...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 AM
c_makhija

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

ORIGINAL: c_makhija

Dw

Awesome!

Make me one please!

Mav
Thanks Mav,

It took some time, not really worth the effort on a sport jet, of course a must on a scale jet.

Chatty.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 PM
miniman

I am building an Ultra flash and it will be the first model I have fitted retracts to.

Simple question to you guys....How/where do you run the brake pipe so that it wont get crushed or tangled when the retracts cycle.

This may seam like an obvious to most of you, but its driving me crazy.

Peter
Old 09-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Dave Wilshere

You need to cut a clearance ring in the plate for the tube to curle into

Dw
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91492.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1798619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41298.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1798620  
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 AM
miniman

Thanks Dave,

I will try opening up the ring around the base of the leg.

Peter
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 AM
miniman

Thanks Dave, problem solved, its amazing how a couple of pictures can solve a couple of hours of scatching your head.

Now all we need is a motor 6-7 weeks and counting.

Peter

Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 AM
miniman

I have been starting to fit the lower(upper) carbon bypass to the UF. We have a p120 going in the UF, and this has a kerostart plug fitted. JetCat say the motor should be installed with the kerostart plug at the top of the motor give or take 45degrees.

There is not much space around the motor/bypass to have the keroplug at the top (bottom of the model veiwed from the wing opening.

How critical is the positioning of the keroplug, so would it be OK to have it at the 2/10 oclock position?

Peter
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 AM
john josey

ORIGINAL: miniman

I am building an Ultra flash and it will be the first model I have fitted retracts to.

Simple question to you guys....How/where do you run the brake pipe so that it wont get crushed or tangled when the retracts cycle.

Peter
Peter, since this your first retract with brake installation, remember to check the brakeline doesnt 'rub' off the tire sidewall when the legs are compressed (model sitting on the ground)

john
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Dave Wilshere

I have been starting to fit the lower(upper) carbon bypass to the UF. We have a p120 going in the UF, and this has a kerostart plug fitted. JetCat say the motor should be installed with the kerostart plug at the top of the motor give or take 45degrees.

There is not much space around the motor/bypass to have the keroplug at the top (bottom of the model veiwed from the wing opening.

How critical is the positioning of the keroplug, so would it be OK to have it at the 2/10 oclock position?

Peter
See if Ali still has some of the P-20 kero plugs which was lower in height than the stock unit...that is how I got around it on my P-80SE UF
You can run the kero burner on the lower (wing side) with a small hole dremmel'd in the wing. But its more critical on starting with it on the lower side due to "pooling" in the burner which requires more watts and energy to burn off...

D
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Ruymán

Hello!

Dave even in landing my Flash Ultra continues bouncing a little, I think because I have long since flap.

I've been in flaps 95 mm and 4 mm depth!

An aeroplane in Scotland which so you to the land and now tells me. Recommend me flaps to 80 mm and depth 6 mm.

Which I recommend you?

Thank you.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Dave Wilshere

More flap is more drag, so you have to carry more power to the threshold and fly the model onto the ground. There is no wrong or right, try less flap, but you need a longer landing strip or very flat approach so you do not gain speed as you lose height.

Dave
Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Ruymán

More flap is more drag, so you have to carry more power to the threshold and fly the model onto the ground. There is no wrong or right, try less flap, but you need a longer landing strip or very flat approach so you do not gain speed as you lose height.

Dave
Thanks Dave for your answer!

Our track has nearly 140 meters and the truth is that large is not, especially for Jets. We will continue to nothing because testing.

Best regards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyQ8...5&feature=plcp
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Dave Wilshere

140m is plenty! Your approach was good, just have confidence to come off the power fully 20m earlier (same wind conditions) and not fly the model into the ground, if you had help the UF off longer with up elevator it would have been a perfect touch down. Flap looked good, the UF will keep coming with the attitude you had on the approach, so you can come off the power earlier. If you slow down earlier you can fly it in with more power, but the nose will be slightly up then. So nose level/down less power earlier off power. Nose high more power and later off power

regards

Dave
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 PM
miniman

ORIGINAL: john josey

Peter
Peter, since this your first retract with brake installation, remember to check the brakeline doesnt 'rub' off the tire sidewall when the legs are compressed (model sitting on the ground)

john

Thanks John, with Dave's pictures and your advice the main reracts are working perfectly. I just need to sop the steering cables getting tangled on the nose gear and all will be well,

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.