Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas Bandit Brushless tire and wheel situation

Old 09-09-2012, 02:46 PM
poeman446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Bandit Brushless tire and wheel situation

Irecently bought a 1/10 scale Traxxas bandit with the brushless system and Igot a 3S LiPo battery. I promptly regeared and hit the road on the largest asphalt surface i could find. Ithen shredded the tires. They are completely bald. Its an awesome vehicle. Ihave a ton of 2.2 truck tires, but i cant find wheels to fit this thing. They use buggy tires and are not as wide. Are there any good pin type wheels that fit 1/10 truck tires and are pretty cheap. Idont want to buy the hex adapters unless Iknow they fit well, and Ialso want to avoid spending that 10 bucks if i dont need to. Thanks everyone! Now Im going to go buy a wheelie bar.

Review on the car for anyone who wants to read: The Traxxas Bandit VXL is pretty awesome. With a LiPo battery and a 31 tooth pinion gear, it FLIES. Its pretty much completely necessary to get a wheelie bar or weights on the front to keep the car on the ground. Its tough, Ihit a mailbox going around 30-ish and only bent a shock rod. Cheap to fix and its back on the road. Well worth the money Iput into it. It reminds me of the goldpan Associated RC10 I have, so thats a lot of the reason I bought it. It probably doesnt handle as well as the trucks that are in the same price range, but it is a LOTof fun.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Bandit Brushless tire and wheel situation

there is heaps of wheels and tyres on ebay???

If u are happy with the Traxxas wheels and tyres just order them

If u plan to run other brand wheels and tyres get some 3637 Axle Shaft set $3.00 and 3654 Wheel Adaptor $3.00

Proline make buggy wheels, and aparentyl the SCT wheels are very close (same width)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 AM
HDCineman

Thanks for the infophmaximus,[/b][/b]andpoeman446,[/b]I'm with you on the Bandit Review... I'm having a BLAST with that thing, I've been jumping it pretty hard and it's virtually indestructable. It does go through tires pretty quick though.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
midnightbasher

I love mine too. I have beat the crap out of mine. 15ft jumps on blacktop and hardly ever any breaks. I put stampede rear axles and control arms and make my own threaded camber links. I run some monster truck tires from an exceed infinitve monster truck(love these tires) or 2.2 proline truck rims with dirt hawgs. Put in a mamba max pro with a leopard 4300kv. 40mph on 2s. Still nearly indestructible! And the way the stock body fits lets me run when its wet and hardly get a drop of water inside(have to avoid big puddles). I got a stampede to go with it and like my bandit way more.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran regular 2.2 tires on mine. Same kinda tires as were used on the rustler or older stampede.

But then, I did a rustler rear arm conversion on mine. Between that and the taller/wider tires it was way better offroad.

But the stock jato tire MAY fit without the rear arm conversion (question of whether they will hit the wing or body with suspension compreses)