Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Sidewinder fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
yoyo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder fuel

Hey guys I am about to get a savage x 4.6 and I was looking at the lhs and there was only sidewinder fuel and another that I forgot what the name is but my question is if the stuff runs good and it was 20 percent and sorry if this is in the wrong section and thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
TAKZILLA

Default RE: Sidewinder fuel

early on this year I had run out of BYRONS 30% a buddy that was out of town and going to pick up fuel for me (small town,I order everything ) any way he came back with 2 gallons of Sidewinder 20%. had no problems with it. didn't realy make as much power but no complaints.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
yoyo5

ORIGINAL: TAKZILLA

early on this year I had run out of BYRONS 30% a buddy that was out of town and going to pick up fuel for me (small town,I order everything ) any way he came back with 2 gallons of Sidewinder 20%. had no problems with it. didn't realy make as much power but no complaints.
Ok thanks and next time I I go to the lhs I will go check but I am pretty sure it started with a b and there was only 2 gallons left of the sidewinder but lots of the other stuff
Thanks again

Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SW is good, but I always ran %25 (til i became unavailable here due to distribution issues of some kind..) It's very oily though.. The LHS guy always sold it as "not needing after run oil" because it was already in the fuel. It's good fuel that you can run without reservations. I would ask your LHS though about supply reliability, and yeah, find out what the other stuff is.. Byrons is meant to be really good..
Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 AM
llkoolskillet

Personally I now prefer the Werks 30% over Odonnells 30%. The power increase was noticable from the first tank. I have never ran Byrons but I have heard many many times its is good fuel and the same goes for Sidewinder. If I was in the market for more fuel I would try the Sidewinder Team Strike V2 30%
Old 09-10-2012, 04:50 AM
yoyo5

Ya it might have been Byron's and the stuff they have there is 20% with 12% oil but there might have been others but there ways just 2 jugs left
Thanks again for all the help
Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 AM
HerrSavage

%30 requires more fiddling with head shimming though, right?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 AM
TAKZILLA

YES! since I have to order any way,WERKS 30% is what Iam running now.big power increase!finished off my BYRONS 30% switched to the WERKS and it took retuning,don't remember how much but would have to say I LOVE the WERKS 30%.(Supertib runs it has to be good)when I started out we had a LHS of course all they sold was the TRAXIS CRAP.after that experience I haven't had any more problems.
so far I haven't changed my shimming,except on my buddy's savage with a F 4.6 we removed the thin shim,and wow it realy came to life,more power through out the power band.but we are at 6500 feet in elevation so I believe that would only make sense.
maybee Supertib will jump in on this.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM
llkoolskillet

You dont need to mess with head shims running 30%. The only time you mess with them is if your at sea level or high up in elevation, but doing so you do run a risk of detonation.

I made a video of my truck running on a performance tune with Odonnells 30% then switched to Werks 30%. In that video you clearly see that the motor has richened up a lot and gives me much more room to lean out the motor for even more power. Werks 30% allowed me to hit 59 mph in my Savage
Old 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM
yoyo5

Just dropped by the lhs and they have Byron's 20% nitro with 12% oil so what would be better to brake the engine in the Byron's or the sidewinder and will run a gallon of which one I choose to break in with them buy a gallon of the other stuff and report on it but it will probably be in a few weeks 
Thanks again for all the help
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM
HerrSavage

I would ask your LHS which one is more reliably available. SW is good, so I anyway would get whichever is cheaper.. But %25 if possible.. %20 is fine though..
Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 AM
yoyo5

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I would ask your LHS which one is more reliably available. SW is good, so I anyway would get whichever is cheaper.. But %25 if possible.. %20 is fine though..
Ok thanks and I'm not sure this counts for availability but there were 3 gallon jugs of sidewinder left and about 3 or 4 shelves of Byron's

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Byrons always left my engines looking honey sweet.
That's my first choice but no longer available here for some reason.
Didn't like O'Donnells Speed blend, rusted out one engine even with 2 oz of Klotz Benol added, my race engine's piston is black as night...
Byrons FTW.