Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA to close the AMA Discussions Forum

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

why do you think the hidden LMs-Attacking-Members subforum was put in.
Hello Kid,

Good to see you back in full steam!!!

The forum was/is a joke...Yes, because of the favoritisms you cite... despite the defense Arbo is now making to validate his position in the matter...
Old 09-13-2012, 07:43 PM
KidEpoxy

ORIGINAL: Arbo

ORIGINAL: bradpaul

So Arbo since the forum is being shut dow can you share with us who was the most frequent reported of other members posts that did not break any rules?
Brad
I am not going to compile actual stats, as that would be a nightmare of work. But I can say that dbcisco, KE, LSC were the most report by a group of users. And a large majority of the time, their posts did not break the rules. Two of them got so many reports that eventually the admins banned them because they took a lot of reports against someone to mean 'troublemaker'. There were other groupings of people that didn't seem to like each other, and you knew when they posted you could count on someone reporting it. You were reported a lot by a couple people. Another guy who I won't mention due to a mutual agreement between us to not mention each other. Horrace was usually reported for just about anything he posted, by the same people that constantly reported all the others mentioned.

The funny thing about that reporting system, is it allowed the user to enter a comment. Those that usually reported actual violations, would usually state the violation and what in the message broke that rule. But a good part of the active people on there would attack the user they were reporting. It was not uncommon to open a ticket and see ''this guy is nothing but trouble and you should ban his dumb *** now!'', only with a bit more explict and harsh language.

ohhhhhh, so THATS why I was banned.
I never knew what I said to earn that Stealth Ban,
but now I get to find out what I did to get banned was
.... nothing
well, that would explain why it was a stealth ban and not a regular violation-explained ban

but in the end it was Mission Accomplished for the wolfcryers that harassed me:
The folks running our board let them successfully drive a member(KE) off the board by harassment.
I didnt stop using our board because of some ban or permaban,
I stopped because they allowed continued attacks on me
even after 'last chance' and 'final warning's

I still think my favorite was:
I ask a moderator to review my text before posting.
I post the text that got the greenlight from that mod.
Within a few hours that post gets VAPORIZED off the server, no explanation no appeal
... just 'more strikes against that troublemaker KE'

I just cant bring any tears for a forum run like that getting closed
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 AM
littlecrankshaf

But I can say that dbcisco, KE, LSC were the most report by a group of users.

Hmmm...I wonder who that Red group is??? Banning that group would have been the right answer but somehow that option is never used... Why is that?
+
+
+
+
+
+
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 AM
bradpaul

Well it officially closes today .......................  so this thread has run it's course.................  it was interesting to see "the usual suspects" carry the discussion from the relavent to the rediculous.  Thank goodness it lasted long enough to see the return of KEP ....... it would have been unfair to see iy close without getting a few last words of ????????? from KEP.

The Arbo, LCS, FrankP debate was a classic........................ most laughs I have had in awile.  

So Ken , as I was the OP (for what it's worth) kindly ask you to now close this thread and let the AMA Discussions Forum RIP.

Brad

Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

So Ken , as I was the OP (for what it's worth) kindly ask you to now close this thread and let the AMA Discussions Forum RIP.
Brad
Sorry Brad, but RCU's policy it to try and let a thread run it's course whenever possible. We don't close a thread at the request of anybody in that thread.

Ken

Old 09-14-2012, 06:08 AM
bradpaul

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Brad
Sorry Brad, but RCU's policy it to try and let a thread run it's course whenever possible. We don't close a thread at the request of anybody in that thread.

Ken

Sure no problem, just thought it would be polite good form by RCU to recognise that when the AMA Discussion Forum IS CLOSED thata thread titled "AMA to close the AMA Discussion Forum" was no longer relavent.

But as you seem to want this Arbo, LCS, FrankP (what description should I use?) OK "relavent thought provoking discussion" to continue so be it.

Brad

Old 09-14-2012, 07:20 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It's the threads like this that expose the guys with the, "Barney Fife" DNA.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Arbo

.... nothing
well, that would explain why it was a stealth ban and not a regular violation-explained ban

The folks running our board let them successfully drive a member(KE) off the board by harassment.

I post the text that gbeot the greenlight from that mod.
Within a few hours that post gets VAPORIZED off the server, no explanation no appeal

Yes, you never should have doubted what happened and why. I recall exchanging PM's with you about 'toning it down' because people were set and determined to get rid of you, and it was way above me...

Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

It's the threads like this that expose the guys with the, ''Barney Fife'' DNA.
At least Andy makes him put the bullet back in his pocket...LOL
Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
combatpigg

.... nothing

I post the text that gbeot the greenlight from that mod.

Yes, you never should have doubted what happened and why. I recall exchanging PM's with you about 'toning it down' because people were set and determined to get rid of you, and it was way above me...

Are these the same folks who claim that they bleed red, white and blue..?
How ironic.
How disgusting.
How ironically disgusting..!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

" I recall exchanging PM's with you about 'toning it down' because people were set and determined to get rid of you, and it was way above me..."

that is the part of all this that bothers me. paid staff and elected folks determined to get rid of a dues paying member for no more than expressing his opinion.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
littlecrankshaf

ORIGINAL: mongo

'' I recall exchanging PM's with you about 'toning it down' because people were set and determined to get rid of you, and it was way above me...''

that is the part of all this that bothers me. paid staff and elected folks determined to get rid of a dues paying member for no more than expressing his opinion.
But he did it so loudly!!! I could hardly hear my self think when I opened a thread with one of his posts... But what they hey, they've toned it down real nice now...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Brad

Ken

Sure no problem, just thought it would be polite good form by RCU to recognise that when the AMA Discussion Forum IS CLOSED thata thread titled "AMA to close the AMA Discussion Forum" was no longer relavent.

But as you seem to want this Arbo, LCS, FrankP (what description should I use?) OK "relavent thought provoking discussion" to continue so be it.

Brad

Brad,
No, just because the forum on the AMA's site is now closed does not mean that this subject is dead. As long as there are RCU members that want to discuss the issue then the thread will be here for them to discuss it, regardless of the status of the AMA's forum. It has been our experience that we prefer for a subject to simply die out over time as interest in that subject wanes and people do not want to discuss it any longer. The largest portion of the threads on RCU are this way. We don't close down a thread simply because one person, or a group of people, don't want to discuss an issue any longer. This formula has been a successfull one for RCU and it's the way we are going to continue to run the forums on RCU.

Ken

Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: mongo

I think it was based on the reaction to his posts by a handful of people that continually sent PM's and emails and made phone calls demanding they get rid of him.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:02 PM
koastrc

The guy that watches over this subject does do other things that are very good. His work with beginners is really great. His post are always positive and informative. On this thread he kind of lets thing go a bit. I think I have it. This subject is kind of entertaining and it generates reader ship. This is a commercial site and depends on readers. So I have sort of developed a like dislike for RCU. Today on the flight line in the bull session some body will say did you see what this guy or that guy said on RCU. We have one dude that can tell stores and make them funny. We all know the type. Makes a train wreck sound funny. So I will throw in with Ken. Let it go and see what happens. When the entertainment is gone so will this thread.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 PM
combatpigg

"Kid Epoxy..? Oh yeah....we don't like his kind around here. He asks too many questions. Too many questions and we just don't do that around these parts..if'n you know what's good for ya."
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95253.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1801235  
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 AM
bradpaul

Well the forum is closed................

R.I.P.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Arbo.................... people were set and determined to get rid of you, and it was way above me...

Ya know Paul , I really wish you'd stop saying this to people asking why they were banned , and here's why ;

By deflecting the responsibility for these folks banning off of yourself and blaming it on the higher ups , without naming WHO these higher ups are , Your casting doubt about the fitness for duty of EVERY higher up who could have been the one giving these supposed orders . By doing so , you are calling into question the choices we as members have made in electing these folks , and we don't even get the common courtesy of knowing who NOT to vote for again . Now , everyone above you in the AMA forum chain of command has had their service called into question unfairly by your accusation that you fail to back up with names of the involved . I don't want to think that folks in our AMA would be so morally bankrupt as to ban folks for differences of opinion rather than outright violation , which is what your asserting by using your "anonomous higher ups" defense for what most believe you undertook personally . If you cared about AMA , , Truly cared for the organization , you would either "out" these unfit leaders , or take personal responsibility for your own actions , without casting doubt on the rest of the organization with your unproven allegations . Yes , I AM one of the ones who think it was all you , , Now , Prove me wrong by naming exactly WHO was the "way above me" people you defer your responsibility of this onto . The appearance of the integrity of our organization deserves no less than the truth here !
Old 09-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Arbo

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Now , Prove me wrong by naming exactly WHO was the "way above me" people
Another person that wishes others to jump through the hoops they have constructed. No thanks. That dog don't hunt.

Screen captures have already been previously posted, if you can not see who posted what, it's not my problem.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 AM
init4fun

Now , Prove me wrong by naming exactly WHO was the ''way above me'' people
Another person that wishes others to jump through the hoops they have constructed. No thanks. That dog don't hunt.

Screen captures have already been previously posted, if you can not see who posted what, it's not my problem.

Please Paul , Don't try the deflection stuff with me here , , I'm neither looking for a fight , , , Nor asking you to "Jump Through Hoops" , , , I'm merely asking you to back up your accusations of the AMA higher ups you've brought into this . I have read this entire thread front to back and have seen nowhere that your mentioned screen shots show the name(s) of who told you to ban these people ?

Now , again , without making this about me , hoops , circuses or anything else , would you please back up your accusations with a name or two here ?

A few words certainly shouldn't appear as too much of a Hoop for a guy whose typed several hundred of em here already ?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Arbo

I have read this entire thread front to back and have seen nowhere that your mentioned screen shots show the name(s) of who told you to ban these people ?
If you have read the entire thread, you would have seen the screen shots. If you read the entire thread you would know I did not ban them, the admins did.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM
init4fun

I have read this entire thread front to back and have seen nowhere that your mentioned screen shots show the name(s) of who told you to ban these people ?
If you have read the entire thread, you would have seen the screen shots. If you read the entire thread you would know I did not ban them, the admins did.

Ok , Fair enough , , Since I've got a 2:00 Apointment and no time now to read over the thread , again , but I will and see if I can find it just as soon as I get a minute . So when you say the admins , would those be the ones who were listed as contacts on that forum , what were they Brent and Shawn if I recall ?

It just kinda bugs me cause of all the folks banned , I thought KE stated his opinions well , and certainly not in a rulebreaking way .........
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Arbo

It just kinda bugs me cause of all the folks banned , I thought KE stated his opinions well , and certainly not in a rulebreaking way .........
You will find that I defended him and another, against those that just simply reported every post they made.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

>>>>

On September 15, 2012 the AMA’s Online Member Forum was discontinued. Created in 2009, the forum was intended to be a knowledge base and information resource for those seeking more information about model aviation and the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

The forum worked well for that purpose but advancements in online technology and the growth of social networking has resulted in better options to fill that need.

The relatively new AMA blog system on the AMA website at www.modelaircraft.org now serves as the tool used to broadcast news and information to a global audience. The “Ask AMA” online system has been refined and improved and is the best resource for both members and non-members seeking specific information from AMA.

We appreciate those members who have supported and participated in the forum during the last few years. The forum served the purpose for which it was intended. However, we believe that utilizing today’s technology will allow us to communicate better with the aeromodeling community and provide a higher level of service to our members.

We invite you to stay connected by clicking any of the following. By default, this page will automatically redirect you to the AMA Blogs in 90 seconds.
[b]
Old 09-15-2012, 01:53 PM
combatpigg

[quote]ORIGINAL: Hossfly

>>>>

On September 15, 2012 the AMA’s Online Member Forum was discontinued. Created in 2009, the forum was intended to be a knowledge base and information resource for those seeking more information about model aviation and the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

The forum worked well for that purpose but advancements in online technology and the growth of social networking has resulted in better options to fill that need.

The relatively new AMA blog system on the AMA website at www.modelaircraft.org now serves as the tool used to broadcast news and information to a global audience. The “Ask AMA” online system has been refined and improved and is the best resource for both members and non-members seeking specific information from AMA.

We appreciate those members who have supported and participated in the forum during the last few years. The forum served the purpose for which it was intended. However, we believe that utilizing today’s technology will allow us to communicate better with the aeromodeling community and provide a higher level of service to our members.

We invite you to stay connected by clicking any of the following. By default, this page will automatically redirect you to the AMA Blogs in 90 seconds.
[b]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.