Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Flux

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM
RRHobbyDepot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Baja Flux

I'd like to point everyone to a blatant M.A.P. violation by one of the biggest online retailers in the industry. Stormer Hobbies has the new HPI Baja5B flux for way below M.A.P. I've already reported this violation directly to HPI a few minutes ago as I just discovered it. This is whats wrong with owning a hobby shop. Actions like this by unscrupulous people. Here's the link if anyone wants to see for themselves. MAP is $1379

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=HPI107684
Old 09-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Flux

The link doesn't work and this has nothing to do with RCU or its members.

In any case, you've just given them one of the biggest free adverts on the web, due to RCU's google priority, I expect this thread will show in the first few pages of results when someone searches 'HPI Baja Flux' at google within the next few days (if you want me to remove it I will do so). Nobody here is going to condemn them for offering an overpriced vehicle for a reasonable figure. Some of HPI's pricing (particularly on their brushless stuff) is from another planet.

HPI recouperated their RnD costs on the Baja a long time ago with its popularity, and to keep prices so high is tantamount to exploitation. I feel for the fact that smaller shops ordering less units are not able to be so competitive, but at the end of the day, that's capitalism, the more you have the more you get. There's always one or two shops offering stuff a bit cheaper than the rest. I'm surprised that you see this as a major issue, or at least as unexpected.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 AM
mooman007uk

+1 Jon

and i wouldn't be too worried RR, hardly anyone is going to buy that POS anyhows no matter how cheap it is..i see stormer has it for $999, that's still 900 too much.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 AM
RRHobbyDepot

Here's the new link

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=HPI107684

This is not a situation of big or small. Its a scenario where stormer is violating HPIs Minimum Advertised Price(MAP) policy. These policys are put in place by the companies to try to create fair and equitable market conditions for everyone.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Foxy

I see $1249...
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
jayjay283

$1279
$1379

NO BID

$ 999 baja with castle stuff maybe
Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
mooman007uk

1 left,probably only had one to start with

[link]http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=cs&pn=HPI106258[/link]
Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM
tizdaz

im confused as link no longer works, is the OP complaining that this particular product is being sold too cheap from a competitor then posts it on one of the most established RC forums on the net, bascially advertising a cheap product!?

if so... lolz ^^
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM
tizdaz

as for MAP.. theres always a way to bend the rules, ie:

a retailer could list a product that has a MAP of $1000 as a freebie when you buy this keyring for $800! ^^
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
RRHobbyDepot

The second link I posted works. I was saying if you want one nows the time as I've reported Stormer to HPI. HPI contatcted me back thanking me for my vigilance in helping to maintain the M.A.P. and that they've contacted Stormer about fixing the price. Violations of map policy are serious matters in any area of business. I was also furious and wanted to make light of the matter. Some of you are confusing the 5SC flux @ $999 with the Baja 5B Flux that is supposed to have a MAP of $1379.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 PM
scottyh47

Hi
I will be coming over to the States next year , to LA and would like to know of any hobby shops that stock parts for 1/5th scale Baja . Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Scott
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Foxy

You will have no trouble finding HPI suppliers in LA.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a dog eat dog world and we're all wearing milkbone underwear!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
wyattroa

Ok if you are so furious with them then why not just report them? Why post up their information along with a link? Then when the link is said to be broken, you post up a fixed link giving said hobby shop even more publicity? Makes no sense? If you want justice then why make it so someone can actually buy the product from them and turn customers onto their website? Your logic is flawed.