Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
streetrodder
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Use sailboat fuel in your air plane it will keep the muffler bearings well lubed and keep them from going out.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
qwertypemdas
My Feedback: (1)

anyone tryed those oneway muffler bearings? The suck on bumpstarts but the reduce transfiguration of the muffler gasket. Are they really that good? If you lube them too much do they slip?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
qwertypemdas

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...e3dfd3c04cb177 i tryed these but they wouldn't fit in my cox sure start muffler. I wish i had a tuned glow plug to balance out my crankshaft velcro.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 PM
qwertypemdas

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=27 hmmmm. too expensive.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:53 PM
chunkyplunker

ORIGINAL: Lomcevak Duck

You cheated!

I wonder how many people have actually done it with a PC.

Add one, I just had to try it, in my mind I knew better, but did it anyway.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 PM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: saucerguy

My muffler bearings keep going out on me on my .40 engine, can anybody please advise me upon what I'm doing wrong?...........
Clean the inside of the mufflerin a bucket of steam; then take about six inches of chow lineto dryout and polish the inside of the muffler (chowline is great for this kind of clean up and polish); and finallyrelube with true bearing grease available at your local US Navy surplus store...Caution...Don't use the relative bearing grease as it will not hold the bearings in their true position...

LLD
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: Bass1

Alot of people just don't know the proper technique in getting their bearings straight in the first place! Crooked bearings are just inviting problems.
It's probably because they have always relied on unreliable relative bearings and get confused when they upgrade to the true bearing that are much more reliable in keeping your bearing straight....

Larry Diamond, USN, Retired Chief
Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: nitrohog

Ya know, I have been having problems with my OS 32SX-H overheating, do you guys think it is the thermostat or it is a faulty radiator cap? Try asking a young guy at autozombie for a 65 VW Beetle radiator cap some time if you want a laugh.

Heli aye...I think you need a Tuned Immelman Glow Plug from one of the Pattern guys...I heard you can fly invertedwith aheli all day long with that plug...Make sure it's the one with the 1/2roll filamenton top...
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
chunkyplunker

ORIGINAL: LLD

My muffler bearings keep going out on me on my .40 engine, can anybody please advise me upon what I'm doing wrong?...........
Clean the inside of the muffler in a bucket of steam; then take about six inches of chow line to dryout and polish the inside of the muffler (chowline is great for this kind of clean up and polish); and finally relube with true bearing grease available at your local US Navy surplus store...Caution...Don't use the relative bearing grease as it will not hold the bearings in their true position...[img][/img]

LLD

Hey wait a minute, I've went through chow lines and bearings is not what got cleaned out on me. But hey, I do believe you could substitute the bearings out of a bore evacuator from a M1 Abrahams. They look like the right size.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: Arceenut

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I seem to have a problem. After several flights today I found my plane extremely sensitive to control. I found on inspection the plane had become rather tail heavy due to an accumulation of propeller pitch all over the tail planes. I tried my usual plane cleaner on it but it wouldn't come off. Does anyone have a good cleaner for this stuff?

I love this forum...I like when I can give back what I have learned...

I had the same problem and a friend at the club had some gyroscopic solution..worked perfectly and my plane balanced right up...This stuff is so good, I cleaned the relative bearings and converted them to true bearings and very stable...My muffler is now perfect...
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: larryf333

I like going to the restaurant and ordering a grilled cheese sandwich, hold the bread. Heehee
Oooohh, hehe, I can be kind of a stinker in a restaurant. You know when the hostess always asks you how many are in your party, especially when clearly, it's just two people? I've thrown many of them totally off guard when I blurted out 40, lol. They are immediately shocked, lol.

My latest one, we ordered something at Mc Donalds drive through, at the end of the order I told them that it was for here. You'll get some funny reactions with that one as well
I've gone to Burger King and asked for a Big Mac. When they said, "I'm sorry sir, this isn't McDonalds, it's Burger King"...I replied, "So are you saying I can't get it my way"...
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
chunkyplunker

This thread is going to teach me bad habits. Worst I've done is answered the phone "county morgue, you stab em we slab em"
Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
DRC1

I had a room mate and I answered the phone, "Pizza Hut will this be carry out or delivery?"...Click...They called back and I answered..."Domino's, will this be carry out or delivery?"...Click...

An hour later we get a phone call and my room mate answers...2 seconds later he asked me to never answer the phone again...His mom kept trying to get ahold of him and thought she was dialing the wrong number...
Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only can you screw one's head about mechanical things. Next time your at a resturant, with a serious face, ask for diet water.

larry
Old 10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
moe7404

a friend needed, points, plugs. so he stoped at parts house bought the parts. got in the car , opened the glove box, tossed the parts in, then said "see there runs better all ready" apologizes to the young ones that dont know what points are.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
victorzamora

If you've ever had a problem with sinusoidal depleneration, reset the dingle arm and then watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4
Old 11-05-2010, 09:03 PM
moe7404

the deal is used muffler bearings have to be wraped in flight line then soaked in a bucket of prop wash, for two days. then the bearings will do fine.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

I usually grease my Muffler Bearings with Salad oil, it last's much longer and tolerates higher operating temps. I have a different problem on my giant scale P-51, the Landing Light in the Wheel Well is leaking Oil,several attempts to fix it failed.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:49 AM
ehelibuff

I installed my torrington muffler bearings in backwards once.. It would only allow air to go into the exhaust, not out..
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
buchtes

oh boy, that sux.....
Old 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi-Lift

I had this problem years ago and found the bearings weren't aligned relative to the pipe axis. You need to check alignment with a simi-digital aneroseter. The aneroseter is also useful for resetting IDs, but that would be another forum topic!

- Hi Lift
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

simple pre-lube it with midnight oil, the excess will burn off.

it can be found at any Wallmart next to musk oil and mink oil.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

What you really need is right hand smoke shifter.  Then you do not have to worry about monkey wrenches or lubing the bearings.  The smoke shifter along with a wooden welding rod will fix it right up for you.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:13 PM
buchtes

cractus aviation and the supplier are out of product, need to find a new source:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32381.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1801408  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
jayjay283

After reading all this I went to pep boys and asked for new muffler bearings because my VW makes a rattle at about 3500 rpm, they laughed at me. Then I asked about my AC and they said I needed free on ? It wasnt free, they said put the can in the car. Its sitting there and im no colder

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.