Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Future

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Future

All politics removed, thanks, carry on...

By the way, if we ever see the HPI 1/8th gas engine, I'll eat my hat. That little project has been quietly canned I reckon.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

New poll: should Foxy have to eat a cowboy hat, a baseball cap, a wool winter toboggan, or what?

My bet is he's gonna' have to eat one of them...
Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Foxy

As long as I got ketchup, no problem.

By the way, speaking of the future, I'm just looking forwardt o battery and radio developments to be honest. I want more range and more runtime, as far as everything else (power for example), I got more than I can handle.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Foxy

I'm also looking forward to Xray's purpose designed electric truggy which we have now been waiting for any further word on since it was announced in early 2010. Since then not a peep. Not even on their own forums, despite loads of people threatening to get Mugen Eco truggies if Xray doesn't say something (including me, lol) soon. So I reckon that's a distant future development.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[*]We'll see more "up and coming" brands introduced to the market wanting to make a name for themselves.[*]I don't believe that the mechanics of the vehicles will change much.[*]Brushless systems will become a bit more powerful but in a smaller footprint (for example, 550 sized power from a 540 can).[*]Lipo packs will gain capacity[*]Your new Spektrum transmitter will have a built in music player with a headphone jack and SD card slot.[*]Telemetry will become a more common feature and start to appear on mid-range systems.[/list]
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Runtime would be a nice improvement. Now if they can do it without increasing weight and cost, that would be even better. But you are right Foxy. With all the motor and power options out there, a car or truck can easily be made to have "too much power".
Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

removed by poster
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Foxy

Where I'm from has nothing to do with the fact that I have to react to report tickets when they are created by members and the posts in question are found to be valid complaints about the discussion of politics in the forum, people do tend to jump on things like that, we got several tickets. So it's not like I could turn a blind eye to it wherever I'm from. When I remove posts from so many members, I don't consider it time efficient to PM them all, I tend to comment in the thread and consider the matter closed.

Thanks for pointing out the one I missed. I can see all of them still, which makes it hard to see one that got away sometimes.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:28 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I'm also looking forward to Xray's purpose designed electric truggy which we have now been waiting for any further word on since it was announced in early 2010. Since then not a peep. Not even on their own forums, despite loads of people threatening to get Mugen Eco truggies if Xray doesn't say something (including me, lol) soon. So I reckon that's a distant future development.
Maybe it got "quietly canned" like the HPI engine? I mean, really...since 2010?
Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM
DieHarder

-Lithium-ion will be more popular.
-Like BKoz559 said, smaller brushless motors with more power.
-To be able to turn your iPhone into a transmitter.
-More info on motor and esc while running will be available.
-The hobby will be more popular.
-Duratrax will go out of business.
-HPI will take Traxxas' place.
-More powerful and smaller servos will be available.
That's my prediction. I really like the idea of Hpi taking over Traxxas!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont say I like the idea of HPI taking over traxxas... what possible advantage would that have?

I Would love to see traxxas create a racing line of products, like the way Losi has TLR, HPI has HB.... etc
because we all know they are marketing there products at the moment for rookie to amater users. and im sure a company with there finatial backing could easly do so

Allso i think it would be cool to see some more 1/5 brushless SCT & some more XO-1 style cars to race on a nascar style track
Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

[*]We'll see more ''up and coming'' brands introduced to the market wanting to make a name for themselves.[*]I don't believe that the mechanics of the vehicles will change much.[*]Brushless systems will become a bit more powerful but in a smaller footprint (for example, 550 sized power from a 540 can).[*]Lipo packs will gain capacity[*]Your new Spektrum transmitter will have a built in music player with a headphone jack and SD card slot.[*]Telemetry will become a more common feature and start to appear on mid-range systems.[/list]
there gonna copy traxxas then?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Haddi Taha

Thunder Tiger is coming to the states! They are already top in Europe, they own Associated, ACE RC, LRP, Reedy and soon hobbywing  and even Tamiya according to my LHS. There 8 scales are picking up speed especially the mt4
Old 09-22-2012, 06:10 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

[*]We'll see more ''up and coming'' brands introduced to the market wanting to make a name for themselves.[*]I don't believe that the mechanics of the vehicles will change much.[*]Brushless systems will become a bit more powerful but in a smaller footprint (for example, 550 sized power from a 540 can).[*]Lipo packs will gain capacity[*]Your new Spektrum transmitter will have a built in music player with a headphone jack and SD card slot.[*]Telemetry will become a more common feature and start to appear on mid-range systems.[/list]
there gonna copy traxxas then?
Well, it would more of an integrated system instead of requiring an Iphone. If they were going to follow suit, then they could make their system Android compatible. Or, base the operating system of the transmitter on Android or atleast have a touch screen interface to adjust your settings. The touchscreen deal sounds more feasible.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Haddi Taha

How about wireless lipo charging? I heard nokia is doing it on their new phone so why not for RC if you can get it to charge fast enough. So imaging your on a track and your rc has 2 half size batteries (but they are the same mah, C rating, voltage as the current ones but half the size) and as one charges wireless the other powers the car, when the car powering battery voltage drops, the batteries swap tasks, the other one powers the car and the old one charges. A combination of a powerful cooling system and more powerful motors geared less will keep the motor and esc at a safe temperature for over an hour.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:46 PM
DieHarder

That would be cool.
ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

How about wireless lipo charging? I heard nokia is doing it on their new phone so why not for RC if you can get it to charge fast enough. So imaging your on a track and your rc has 2 half size batteries (but they are the same mah, C rating, voltage as the current ones but half the size) and as one charges wireless the other powers the car, when the car powering battery voltage drops, the batteries swap tasks, the other one powers the car and the old one charges. A combination of a powerful cooling system and more powerful motors geared less will keep the motor and esc at a safe temperature for over an hour.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Foxy

Most phones will have wireless charging soon, but they cannot manage more than just over an amp at the moment at about 75% efficiency. Due to the nature of the coils, whatever can be charged can also charge something else, and with the high discharge of our batteries, that may do strange things (like pick up every lost screw ever on the track while you're going around. lol).
Old 09-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Haddi Taha

Most phones will have wireless charging soon, but they cannot manage more than just over an amp at the moment at about 75% efficiency. Due to the nature of the coils, whatever can be charged can also charge something else, and with the high discharge of our batteries, that may do strange things (like pick up every lost screw ever on the track while you're going around. lol).
Anyone missing a body clip by any chance? How about a wheel pin?

Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 AM
GerKonig

Most of the good electric toothbrushes (battery powered) charge while in the cradle, but there are no contacts at all. It is entirely wireless (and safe). This has been around for at least 2 years now...

Gerry
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 AM
phmaximus

my toothbrush is like that... preety cool I thought

Wow its scary, the Inductive charging is only good for a maximum distance 1.5 inches.... would be cool if they get that distance larger. but then I worry, We have all these mobile phone networks buzzing around, wireless house phones, home & busness WLAN's, Digital Radio waves, communication radio's.... etc etc

What a Big EMF going to do to these existing things in our air??? or our electronics?

Wonder if u could reverse engineer one to creat a EMP.... could be very handy at the track... "Crash into me & ill fry ur ESC and pump 50,000v into ur lipo"
Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 AM
phmaximus

Wonder how long it will take to see batteries replaced with a inductive coil, just one big inductive charger in the middle of the track.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:48 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Wonder how long it will take to see batteries replaced with a inductive coil, just one big inductive charger in the middle of the track.
that's what i was about to say. skip the batteries, go direct! while the initial cost would be prohibitive, you could set it up to produce anything from 1.5v to 50v! if they manage to get those coils down to the $300 mark, nitro and gas would be doomed, at least from a runtime standpoint. but then you cave to wonder, could the electronics handle the EM field?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM
The_Shark

want to hear the future? everything will be owned by traxxas, and the equivelent of a slash 2wd will cost $875
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 AM
jayjay283

I like the coil idea. how about a tesla coil at the start/ finish line that zaps the car with a few volts refill when it passes, or a long cell phone recharge mat that covers the strait LOL
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 AM
cumquat

it's more likely everything will be owned by hobbyco, seeing as the own half the industry already think about it, they are the US distributor for futaba, thunder tiger and tamiya (i think), they own duratrax, axial, team durango and i think 1 more (cant remember who) and they have one of the largest selections for any online rc store. at this rate, the only independent companies will be traxxas and hpi in 10 years. i can see hpi buying serpent and schumacher to rebuild it's racing rep, traxxas buying mugen and doubling the prices, horizon buying custom works and ofna to corner the market for oval and a-main teaming up with rc4wd. a-main is already the only reliable source for kyosho in the US and tower has at least 3 brands the neither a-main nor horizon carry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.