Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

ok, the metal diff won't just "drop in". That's I was told. What I found out is you need the ext gearcase because it's wider for the new diff. The original st case is too skinny for the new diff. here's all that you need if you have an St.
Gearbox Set
Diff Joint Set
Diff Joint Spring Set
Rear Axle Set
10x15mm Ball Bearing
Dogbone Set
Rear Chassis Plate
4mm Locknuts
Wheelie Bar
Washer (OD-0.5" ID-0.2" Th-0.012 for diff.)
Assembled Differential
2x6mm Screws for diff.
Now it says it's and assembled diff, but it's not. It doesn't even contain all the parts. Also if you need the shims, I have few that are the right thing. So I suggest you go to duratrax.com and download both the Evader St and the Evader Brushless parts lists. Then match up the part # with the names of the parts here in this post. The some how either tower, ebay or your lhs, order them and use the parts lists diagrams to put it together. That's what I did.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
DieHarder

by the way. all the parts above are for evader Brushless, not st nor ext. (Though some are ext)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
DieHarder

Hey, my spur showed up today. I finally had a chance to run 3S through it. It flew. Though I think I need to tighten my servo saver because my steering gets off set and then after running it a little bit it resets. Is that the servo saver or the servo arm? If it might be, how do I tighten the servo saver? Also my tires seperated from the rims with the sintrificle force. I remember only putting little dabs around the tire and rim instead of a full ring of glue. If I go out and buy some tire glue, and put not little dabs, but a full ring of glue all the way around, will this happen agian, or will they rip off under the 3S power?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:59 AM
dtxandtrx

Usually when i run 3s I put as muck glue on the tire as possibe with the tire still being balanced. I would deffinetly put a full ring. Also when you're running3s make sure to watch your temps. They can get up there pretty high pretty fast.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 AM
jclay413

I would try to skip the Dogbone Set and go with the CV Driveshaft DTXC7270. Then you would not have to worry about those dogbone springs.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 AM
DieHarder

I tried that, but the end of the dogbone is too big to fit in the diff out drives or the rear axle set. So with new dogbones, you need new rear axles, and with rear axles, you need 4mm lock nuts.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Oracus

I do have a IR temp gun esc was about 130-140f on the heatsink, motor was 80-90f. I'm looking at grabbing a 20T motor just dont know which one. Whats the part# on that all-metal diff? I will be running the truck in grass mostly.
Here ya go.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBURC&P=7

Just be sure to clean out the screw holes and use loctite on all of them, and let it cure over night. then make sure the screws are all tight before you install it. If they come loose, you'll strip the inner gears in a hurry!

Ah, Iguess Ididn't realize you were talking about an STtranny, and that the tranny case isn't the same as the EXT2. The EXT case is also different from the EXT2 and BL case? Dang.....

Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM
cumquat

no, the ext case is the same as the ext2 and BL.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
DieHarder

Also, it says assembled, believe me, it's not. It dosesn't even include all the parts. Like I listed above, that's everything you need to get it to work. This is from personal experience. So just go and get all those parts on order, wait for em to show up, and follow both the instructions and this video on how to install. (the video is for assembling the diff, use the instructions to assemble the rest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKBUVOzNfg
ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: Oracus

I do have a IR temp gun esc was about 130-140f on the heatsink, motor was 80-90f. I'm looking at grabbing a 20T motor just dont know which one. Whats the part# on that all-metal diff? I will be running the truck in grass mostly.
Here ya go.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBURC&P=7

Just be sure to clean out the screw holes and use loctite on all of them, and let it cure over night. then make sure the screws are all tight before you install it. If they come loose, you'll strip the inner gears in a hurry!

Ah, Iguess Ididn't realize you were talking about an STtranny, and that the tranny case isn't the same as the EXT2. The EXT case is also different from the EXT2 and BL case? Dang.....

Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Oracus

About how much did it cost to convert the diff?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
DieHarder

like $60 I think.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:18 PM
DieHarder

It took like 4 months though with how long I waited for parts. I eventually cancelled my lhs orders and just got everything off ebay.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DieHard1945

like $60 I think.
Another reason to go with the Brushless Evader to start with. You GET the beefy tranny/diff, the new slipper unit, useful bumpers, AND a modern brushless power system AND a 2.4ghz radio system! $250 is still a pretty cheap entry-level RC.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
DieHarder

I wish I had started with the Evader Brushless.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 PM
DieHarder

well, I made a little money today and have enough to buy some ext2 rims. I'll be going to the hobby shop Friday. Now all I need is tires. I want some aggresive tires that will be wide enough to fit the ext2 rims. If anyone has ideas, please post.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
dtxandtrx

Proline gladiators. They are awsome on all terrains. Just make sure youre not running on the street the whole
Time or they will wear fast. Hook up great on grass and moist dirt.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 AM
DieHarder

Those look pretty standard and stock. I was thinking dirt hawgs II or the original Evader Brushless Tires. I notice the Evader Brushless tires are like $15 cheaper. What does everyone think I should get? (I've already decided on rims)
Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
dtxandtrx

I would say anything but the stock. They are actually smaller in height than most.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
DieHarder

Well, I want at least same size or bigger. I guess the pattern just looks stock. I'll mostly be doing loose dirt running and maybe a little pavement.
ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

I would say anything but the stock. They are actually smaller in height than most.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Oracus

Just got my new motor in today! Need to solder it on and test it out!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:51 AM
joehervey1984

got my truck driving good i just need a new spur gear i went with a 23 pinon gear. i only used the truck a few times i been sick and real busy
Old 09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
DieHarder

Sorry to here that.I guess it's just that time of year.
ORIGINAL: joehervey1984

i been sick and real busy
Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
dtxandtrx

All the plastic parts on trucks are going to be very brittle now that its getting cold. Make sure your gear mesh is set properly.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
DieHarder

I know my gear mesh is set perfect. So everyone knows that my wheels stripped out. Ok, I finally found my original st wheels and through them on. I ran it around and I instantly remembered why I had gotten new wheels last year. (The ones that stripped out) There is NO TREAD!!! I can't get it going faster than 15mph before it spins out. Easy burnouts, but I don't want to wear a hole in the tire. Once I do though, I'm going to record a video of me doing the untimate burnout with and Evader....and then post it here. Right now it's all dusty, and that's what I want to ask about. Should I just wipe it clean with a wet rag, blow off the dirt with an air compressor, and something else? (It's not water proofed)
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM
joehervey1984

i think not havin the right tools suck lol, i wanted to adjust my rear shocks i got one side done. so i go to the othere side and the screw pretty much messed up the rear arm. i had to change things back, time i got done it was dark out i could not go see if things are right. i was looking to lower the truck the back shocks are in the middle spot. the front shocks are set on the outer holes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.