Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

trade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trade?

I agreed to trade 1 vehicle for another both the same value. Both of us have been on here since 2004 w/ 40+ good ratings. He made official offer and I accepted. We agreed to both ship out monday. Well I shipped and text pic of tracking receipt. Well have made over 5 attempts to contact w/ no avaiil. So how long should I wait to make a claim?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: trade?

How long you wait is up to you, but keep in mind the longer you wait, the lower your chance of recovering your item.

Have you tried to call the other person using the phone number listed on the invoice?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
crazy nick

Yes I have called and left messages, text the #, and left numerous emails and nothing . When we originally spoke, he seemed like a real nice down to earth guy and his ratings have also proved to be of the same. I just don't want to be too pushy and find out something has happened then I'll feel like a jerk. Just don't know what to do.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I have stated in this forum many times in the past, trades are extremely risky. These transactions require absolute trust by both sides. Neither party has any easy recourse to recover thier item should the other party fail to follow through. All you can do is file a complaint using the form linked at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace. If they still refuse to make good on their promise, then we will suspend their account. However, if that happens, you will still be on your own as far as trying to recover your item and your only option may be to file a case through small claims court.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM
crazy nick

Old 07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
crazy nick

Well he finally returned my email and said he sent 5 emails to me asking questions about what I was sending. I personally think he is stalling to ship till he receives my trade to make sure I hold up my end of the deal. But he should've just told me instead of beating around the bush. But atleast for now I don't have to open a claim.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
mlawrencemsc
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem except I shipped first because of his feedback 145 good 1 not settled. I sent mine with signature confirmationand he wouldn't answer any emails or phone calls until I filed acomplaint with RCU and called the Sheriff's office in the county he lived in then I got my his trade about 4 days later. Just find his state and county get the Sheriff's number and the call your Sheriff and if you have to print out all you emails and the invoice and take it to the Sheriff's office as proof and get them to call for you and see if they'll go by his house and tell him your talking about fraud charges. Then you get you trade from him or at least it worked for me. Good luck, Mike