Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Rookie iMAX B6 AC

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM
V8-muscle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie iMAX B6 AC

So I'm just getting into r/c cars, off road, and I have purchased li-po batteries 7.4 v 2S 5200 mah 40-80c discharge and max charge rate of 10c and some 7.4 v 2S 2200 mah 20c with a charge voltage limit of 4.25/cell. After purchasing these batteries I realized that they took a special charger, I bought the iMAX B6 AC. After reading through the manual that came with it I realized I'm over my head. I then read a few threads and people are talking about break-in periods and such. ????
What I'm looking for is at what ampere do I charge at for each. Normal charge, balance charge, rapid charge and when to do each? Or will the charger set it all up generically for me? And will it always know what length of time?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Goldenduff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rookie iMAX B6 AC

Charge rate of 10c means fastest charge is capacity times 10. So 5200mah= 5.2amps. 5.2xqo= 52 amps. Way more than your charger can provide - I think you meant 1c?

Balance charge at 1c as often as possible (1c= 5.2amps).
Fast charge as infrequently as possible
The charger will stop when correct voltage is reached.

Lipos can be dangerouse- it's adviced to supervise them when charging or look in to,some other solutions.

All the best