Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

ParkZone UM Spitfire Mk IX BNF w/ AS3X

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone UM Spitfire Mk IX BNF w/ AS3X

Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone UM Spitfire Mk IX BNF w/ AS3X

Horizon thankfully countered their Russian MiG with this fine symbol of Individual HumanLiberty:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...x-bnf-PKZU2180

Submit flight reports when your new Spitfires arrive to squadrons:
Old 02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
cjg

Default RE: ParkZone UM Spitfire Mk IX BNF w/ AS3X

Sweeeet...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Saburo Sakai

And this Spitfire will be all the sweeter when she arrives.....soon, maybe. I take the inclusion of the AS3X digi gyro as a "tell" signal:
FLYOUTSIDEDefy the Elements

I'll have to put Dr. Browning to work on some new micro cannons for this bird.I think some 1 mm. foam-piercing shells would be perfect for surprising the enemy:the Soviet Union's upcoming MiG by E-Flite.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:32 PM
ChuckTSeeker

Here it is at last, with thanks again to Mike from OMP, the latest release from Parkzone in the Ultra Micro range, It's a War Bird, but not just any War Bird, it's the legendary Spitfire Mk IX, with the latest AS3X technology on board to make your flying experience even better. It's also a baby brother for the Parkzone Spitfire released in the Park Flyer range last year and what a beauty this plane is too. The detail is right up there with the best and the only thing i could see that would have been nice was a pilot to go in the excellent canopy, that has a realistic dash inside. Well lets get this video rolling so you can have a close up look at this new offering from Parkzone the UM Spitfire Mk IX With AS3X

hope you all enjoy this video, keep an eye out for the maiden coming soon [8D]

cheers chuck

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oK5nfvK3LA[/link]
Old 05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Saburo Sakai

Holy Barramundi! Thanks for the videe, Chuck!Looking forward to my Spitfiresarrival.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
ChuckTSeeker

whoops double post sorry []
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM
ChuckTSeeker

Here it is at last, with thanks again to Mike from OMP, The Maiden of the latest release from Parkzone in the Ultra Micro range, the legendary Spitfire Mk IX, with the latest AS3X technology on board. Lets get this video rolling so you can have a look at this new offering from Parkzone the UM Spitfire Mk IX With AS3X flying at my local spot

cheers chuck

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afzvlKrY7M[/link]
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 AM
JSS4

Thanks Chuck! Looks like fun. I gotta get one of these.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM
ChuckTSeeker

here it is, the bonus flight of the Parkzone Ultra Micro Spitfire, this time the plane is silhouetted against the clouds and sun, no close ups, so you can get a perspective of just how fast and well this plane manoeuvrers in the air. I must say it is a joy to fly and really looks the part silhouetted against the sky, so sit back and enjoy a 3 minute flight of Parkzones new UM Spitfire, again many thanks to Mike from OMP for supplying this plane way ahead of the release date so we can all get a good look at her
ya know a quick visit to the Modelflight facebook page and a "Thanks" for supporting chuck, might just help to keep these new releases coming early to me so i can show you all how they fly, takes but a few seconds to say thanks, as they do not come on the forums and see your thanks here

cheers chuck

[link]http://www.facebook.com/Modelflight[/link]

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZiSyEgZfk[/link]
Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Saburo Sakai

Attention Squadrons:
On 27 September our new Mark IXs are now complete and leaving the factory for squadrons which have filed the proper and required paperwork. Post Flight Reports after delivery.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
rcrob68

I noticed today on the parkzone website that it says available at participating dealers, instead of late october. i really like the way the radiators are serving double duty by looking scale while protecting the servos unlike my corsair.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Saburo Sakai

Get one? If so, Join the Spitfire Brotherhood (on this website under "warbirds"). It is the original "brotherhood" that started it all, and a great group of Spitfire flyers! Godspeed to victory, RCrob68!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM
rcrob68

Thanks Saburo! i do want one! I have spent countless minutes watching all the youtube videos of the little spitfire & it just has the look of a much larger plane while in flight. I think this is because it looks like it"s flying so smooth & stable cause of the ax3s system. the spitfire just looks so majestic in flight! It seems like each succesive warbird gets more scale than the last. As mentioned a little RAF pilot would have been the icing on the cake! I'm ready to defend the skies over Dunkirk!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Saburo Sakai

Spitfire arrived to squadron yesterday and she's a beautiful bird. As you noted, RC, she's rather startlingly missing a pilot in that cockpit with instrument panel decal and all. But that's what Sakai is for! Sakai jump into Magic Shrink Machine and then jump in cockpit. Banzai!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
rcrob68

Pictures please!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Saburo Sakai

Sorry about no photos yet, but, alas, I've gotten back into pig hunting lately and Spitty is on the back burner. Re-stocking and mounting the .280 for battle in..........Piggaggeddon Aporkalypse . IF you think Zombies are nasty, just imagine them with TUSKS
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM
ghost123uk

Just popping in here on this thread to say I bought one of these a few weeks ago and I am so happy with it.

I was a bit nervous as most of my flying has been motor gliders (easy) and a "Herr" Extra 300 which always has me holding my breath and sweating (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean )

The little Spitfire with it's AS3X chattering away is a joy to fly

I am using a Spektrum 6i and find it "calm" at 60% rates and "fun" on 100%

Being so very small and agile it is easy to keep it quite close to you and landings are a breeze with the AS3X helping and the very light weight allowing it to come in nice and slow, with less "inertia" to cause breakages. This all also means I can fly it on a much smaller field, which is great because I have such a small field right by our house (instead of driving miles to the proper field with the bigger models)

I am using it with the u/c off as I fly over grass and I was concerned about the prop, but so far, after maybe 20 flights, the prop is fine

The AS3X bit does what it says on the tin. Flying such a little bird in a breeze seems all wrong, but it handles it fine and "feels" like a much bigger craft.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM
darticus

How does this plane compare to some of the eflite UMX planes? Are the Spitfire with it's AS3X more for the beginner? Thanks Ron
Old 06-18-2016, 07:09 AM
szempruw

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

See my review of the Spitfire in RC Universe. I hope this link works. Copy and paste to browser.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foam...t=BNF+Spitfire