Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 AM
M1A2 Commander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please Acknowledge...RcTankWars

This is a very sad day for us all. Phil touched many people in so many different ways including our members with the Texas Armor Association. On behalf of the Texas Armor Association, and myself our prayers go out to his wife and entire family. HE WILL BE MISSED!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

As a proposal to commemorate people that did a lot for our Hobby why not to put their photos and name at our Joint Web site - http://ircto.org/index/never_forgotten_r_i_p/0-16
What do you think?

As I knew Phil myself I put him first...

Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good evening everyone. I do not have much to say at the moment, but for those who are not aware, I was just checking phil's facebook page and found tghe latest post by his daughter. This is it:

'To all those who want to attend my father's funeral, Phil Pflueger, we are planning on having a small ceremony in Oceanside, CA. Projected dates for this ceremony are between October 1-3. We will also have another ceremony in Pasco, WA. Projected day for this ceremony is October 6th. I will keep everyone updated through facebook or phone.'
Hereis the link to the page as well...
https://www.facebook.com/#!/phil.pflueger.1
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What has happened to this thread.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
rcleo

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Phil's family.

From just about day one I have had the pleasure to know Phil Pflueger via the rc tank hobby; as a retail customer and writing as an advocate to manufacturers for Phil's retail operation (at his request) and I will miss our communications.

Below, two of my past (Tamiya) tank builds Phil supplied performance parts for and one of the first M-16s he delivered; kinda named for his email style.

May God Bless Phil and his family.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52067.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	1805661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46143.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1805662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70517.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1805663  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i'm posting this cause i have a problem with this page it seems to be stuck on page 3 i hoping posting on here will clear up any glitch
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I speak for the entire NEAD Club when I say how much Phil will be missed. A great void has appeared in our lives, on this forum and in the RC tank hobby as a whole, without Phil Plueger. Our heart felt condolences are extended to his beloved family on both coasts. Rest in peace brother Phil.

I have know Phil for several years. He and I would usually talk via phone very late at night. Sometimes for hours...more than once unitl 2AM for me on the east coast. He and I often dreamed of how many people could now afford to get into what is normally and expensive hobby for a reasonable price via the DBU. We spoke of his health issues but never dwelled on them much. Prefering to inspire each other about what this hobby could be... instead of crying in our beer. I was very proud to bring the first of Phils DBUs to Danville about 3 years ago. He was so excited that it worked perfectly at Danville and the KV1 and Walker (Shenlonco-Steve's tank) each aced their first day there. I sent him pix and video of them in action (pix below) and the positive feedback of the Danville gang for his products. I prodded him for two years and he finally made it to the AAF Tank Mus. Extravaganza in April 2011. He had a fantastic time and I know it was a highpoint in his career. He was very busy and worked miracales on many tanks that weekend. I know he was thrilled to have his nephew, Jonah, and family there to share in his favorite hobby. Phil was overjoyed to coach Jonah in battle with the KV1 and loved the demostrations. For many NEAD members like Joe (Yellowshaker) it was their only time meeting him face to face. To battle side by side with him and then break bread with him was something that many of us will first think of when reminicing about Phil. He swore he would be back for the next Extravaganza. I was heartbroken when he told me he couldn't make it this past April for the 2012 event. Now you guys understand better why I preach... DO NOT put off coming to Danville. I'm glad Phil made it.

We have many guys on the "Leading Edge" of this RC tank hobby...Phil was the the point. I know that the RC tank hobby is much more fufilling and rewarding because of all the hard work, personal attention, selfless dedication and boundless generosity of Phil.

Thanks for the bible verse Texchap (Rich is a pastor in VA). I know one of the Father's Mansions that was prepared for Phil.... is filled with RC tanks and fond memories of family and friends.

PS Phil is in the center of the back row in our group shot from the 2011 Extravaganza. He is the big guy with the broad smile and the goatee.

Robert Held, NEAD CO

Attachments
Click for fullsize
Click for fullsize
Click for fullsize
Click for fullsize

Click for fullsize
Old 09-27-2012, 11:58 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And so we shall Dana. Just as we did with Henry's passing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80765.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1805673  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 AM
maintcoder

I, too, was a customer of Phil's and remember well the help he provided when I was customizing my first tanks. My condolences go out to his family and he will be missed immensely.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
204sailor

My condolences go out to Phil`s family and friends.He was a one-of-a-kind vendor who was more like a friendthan a businessman.You could explain problems to him,and he did his best to square them away.You will NOT find any parts supplier out there who will care about his product
once he gets paid like Phil.The fact that he was a tanker himself gave him an insight about tanks that no store clerk could hope to achieve.His loss
will leave a wound that will take quite a while to heal to all of us in the r,c,tank community.God bless you Phil.
Charlie
Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM
204sailor

My condolences go out to Phil`s family and friends.He was a one-of-a-kind vendor who was more like a friend than a businessman.You could explain problems to him,and he did his best to square them away.You will NOT find any parts supplier out there who will care about his product
once he gets paid like Phil.The fact that he was a tanker himself gave him an insight about tanks that no store clerk could hope to achieve.His loss
will leave a wound that will take quite a while to heal to all of us in the r,c,tank community.God bless you Phil.
Charlie
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 PM
204sailor

My condolences go out to Phil`s family and friends.He was a one-of-a-kind vendor who was more like a friend than a businessman.You could explain problems to him,and he did his best to square them away.You will NOT find any parts supplier out there who will care about his product
Charlie
Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 AM
CCC2012
Banned

RIP  PHIL.....

Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 AM
MazurAP

My condolences to his family and friends!<o></o>

He did much to advance our interests in our tank club "Moscow"!<o></o>

ЗСмля Π΅ΠΌΡƒ ΠΏΡƒΡ…ΠΎΠΌ!!!<o></o>

Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
dash69

I bought all my tanks from Phil as well as most of the accesories. But more than that I got his advice through countless E-Mails and calls. He really cared about this hobby and teh people.

I will miss him.

God speed Phil,

David
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
sgn0921

I never knew the guy, but Rest in peace Phil, my sincerest condolences to his family
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread seems locked up when using explorer. When I use Firefox, I get right in, just to let people know there may an an issue
Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: YHR

This thread seems locked up when using explorer. When I use Firefox, I get right in, just to let people know there may an an issue
Yes, since you mentioned it I figure I would see for myself ... first couple pages have loaded fine for me, seems to only lock up on the last page of the thread for me in Internet Explorer .... bigger question, why are you still using Internet Explorer ... haha, just kidding, to each their own.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
siam

I've just read this sad news ....rest in peace Phil.
Even I am here in bangkok  so far away from USA but what I 've learned since I met him in the rc.tank society is unforgetable....
Samattapol Uttamayotin, Bangkok Thailand.