Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

R/C skydiver producers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default R/C skydiver producers

It looks like from a web search that rc skydiver makers are fading away here in the states.

If anyone hase any info on producers of R/C skydivers that ship to the U.S. please post the contact info.

Also if I have incorrect info posted for the sites listed below, please correct me on that also.

Thanks,

GaryV

http://www.rcskydive.co.za - (South Africa)

http://www.flugwerft-edelweiss.de (Germany)

TV Products – (Belgium) no website/contact [email protected] for more info

http://www.rcskydiveusa.com – closed/out of business

http://www.rcskydiving.com – website closed

http://www.solomonrc.com - closed/out of business

http://www.paramax.de - website closed

http://www.rcdropzone.com - closed/out of business

http://www.rcskyjumper.com – limited info on website, need to contact for details and pricing
Old 09-29-2012, 01:02 AM
JoeR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C skydiver producers

rcskyjumper.com - I don't think its closed, I'm quite sure he makes and sells. Its not much of a site but the owner Don (dmowery) is active on these threads.

Solomon RC - Ken says he is setting his shop back up after a move. Not sure when that will be though.

http://www.flugwerft-edelweiss.de - A guy posted this one on RCG earlier this year. I can't read German so I don't know if they'll ship to the US.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 AM
lundy

Theo ,from TV Products is still alive and Kicking and very active , developing and producing Parachute's .

Her I have some photo's of his latest creation ,a remainder of the early day's of Skydiving 1960/1970
Full controllable left and right !
Theo and I experimented for 2 years to the final working and controllable chute !

For more info [email protected]

,Jules
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65737.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1805943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90792.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1805944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45400.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1805945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl26467.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1805946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72491.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1805947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98886.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1805948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13426.jpg
Views:	1623
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1805949  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 AM
JuanF

Jules,
This is a parachute that I have to have. Back in the 1960's and 1970's I made most of my skydiving jumps using the Para-Commander (PC - no it doesn't mean "Politically Correct") parachute. My first PC was the standard Red, White and Blue design. If you look at my avatar it is a design called an Aztec. Can you tell me what the dimensions are for the parachute and any other information. Thanks,
Juan
Old 09-29-2012, 05:31 AM
GaryV

Joe,
I guess your right about rcskyjumper the website is not closed it just almost useless other than for sending him an email.
In my opinion, if someone is going to sell a product online they need to have details on what they are selling and pricing.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:31 AM
lundy

Hi Juan ,

Nice to hear from you again !
How are you, was your operation you had a success ? do you have a part of your new hearing devices implanted ?

Theo is out of town this weekend ,and I don't want to give wrong information ,so I will answer your questions as soon the "BOSS" is back on Monday

, Jules

Old 09-29-2012, 05:56 AM
lundy

ORIGINAL: GaryV

Joe,
I guess your right about rcskyjumper the website is not closed it just almost useless other than for sending him an email.
In my opinion, if someone is going to sell a product online they need to have details on what they are selling and pricing.

Hi Gary ,

The reason for most of the chute producers to quit is the massif price raise of the chute fabric and labor costs,and it's a time consuming thing to make parachute's ,and time is money and that's making Rc parachutes producing very costly .
Hitec has taken a lead with a set to come out on the market, but have refrained from that when they understood that the profit margin would be too small for them.
We have seen the prototype of the chute and the guy and it did look alright,the chute ware all in the same color Orange and Black ,they flew very well,but the economic realty decided otherwise .

,Jules
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 AM
JuanF

Jules,
I will have the implant operation in November. Hopefully I will be able to hear a little better.
I had an appointment with the doctor that is going to do the operation and couldn't make it to Muncie this year. I will be there next year.

OK I will wait until Monday for information about the new parachute.
Juan
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 AM
JoeR
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: lundy
Hitec has taken a lead with a set to come out on the market, but have refrained from that when they understood that the profit margin would be too small for them.
We have seen the prototype of the chute and the guy and it did look alright,the chute ware all in the same color Orange and Black ,they flew very well,but the economic realty decided otherwise .

,Jules
Jules, are you talking about Hitec the servo and radio company? Is it a dead project or delayed? Is there additional information about this product anywhere? Thanks
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 PM
lundy

Hi Joe ,

Yes it's the servo/radio company ,they have bought Mulitiplex Germany .
And yes it's a dead project ,there is no info about it .
We have seen these people engaged in competitions in Germany 2/3 years ago,and the developers and beta testers were convinced that they would enter the market with there Skydiver.
The concept was good ,it look great ,they flew very well ,the skydiver was with folding arms ,the complete picture was perfect .

They had a winning project , but lack of courage from the Korean owners of Multiplex and the lack of insight of the potential of it .
Hitec pull the plug of the project ,end of the story.

The developers have made a attempt on their own ,to continue without the support of Hitec/ Mulitplex but this was a lost cause.

,Jules
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
frankmoak

Theo and Jules, VERY COOL!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
dmowery

Nope Im still in the business-just riding out the ecomony -was ready to redo the site andf waited on a pardner that never came through on there part so I will be still going solo with my custom chutes and exclusive design on Jump suits and Boots along with my divers and 2 styles of chutes -as always the price seems high for our product and a lot ask for quotes and never get back to yoy after you let them know the cost -as we all know about those -Im stil here and will redo the web sometime this winter as my web man gets time to do it -Stay tuned as on my site there are other items along with Sky Divers and related products -Like any good business Im not going to invest in a huge expence and not be able to sell the product due to cost , a lot cheaper to just use a forum such as this and word of mouth than the cost of a expenseive website-all products and helpfull info is just a email or phone call away and both are on web site
Don
Old 09-29-2012, 03:15 PM
dmowery

Looks like only 3 of us are still in business and oinly 2 in USA- so Im still 50% ofUSAmfg -unless there are some not on the list -just let me know what you want and yes prices are not on the web as they go up and down all the time depending on suppliers for material -cordage ,work labor cost ,-a lot of factors involved in the process-I will endever to get all in place this winter down time I have a shelf full of jumper parts and severil chutes cut and ready for sewing and steady supply of suits and boots and other related items-
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM
lundy

Hi Frank !

How are you doing ?
Still in the cycling team ?
Where you In Muncie ,or did you had other obligations ?

Over here in Belgium things are improving slowly .
I had my 3Γ© back operation in 5 years now, they have fix my back (repaired) with a piece of carbon(the same stuff they use on the space shuttle heat shield) between the vertebrae and fixate and set up and secure it with bolts and nuts and a titanium plate on the front of the vertebral .
I can only walk with a stick ,and still rehabilitating .

It's the same as they did with Paul Reiner 3 mounts ago ,only he had 3 vertebral fixated and is still rehabilitating, and has a long way to go .Get well soon Paul !

The German championships were not for me this year,I hope next year I can do some P..P... again
I competed in only one event this year ,in Holland and took 2Γ© place , Heeyyy I still got it

Theo is doing fine ,is in good shape and competed in many skydiving event's , he enjoys every day of his life ,and fly and jump as much as he can .
Flying most of the time foamy's , from China ( HobbyKing) , He is still making parachutes, at request only .

Hope to see all you guy's again some day!

,jules

Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 AM
[email protected]

it looks like if they cant make a lot of money dont make it better to sell cheap and sell a lot then sell high and dont make anything
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 AM
dmowery

Oneaew ?
Ever built or flown a RC Skydiver ?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:02 AM
GaryV

Hi Jules,

Glad you are in recovery mode. I tried to see where you placed in the German Championships, but couldn't find your name, now I know why.

We need you to come back for a visit, It seems that we have a few people that aren't interested in showing up at the rallys unless your here.

I guess it is all of your International star celebrity power, or maybe people just like you, and of course, your lovely wife Marion.

Where are all of the spy photos of the Hitec skydiver, someone has to have some.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 AM
lundy

Hi Gary !

How are you and your family doing Gary ,and Wesley ?

I have not seen any photo's of the this years Muncie Rally ,you ware always the photographer on duty at the rally !

I saw in one of your post that you had a devastating crash with your giant Telemaster , have you ever made a attempt to build a new one ?

We the two of us ,Marion and I are blushing of such praise ,I know we had a lot of good friends in the USA, and see we still have ,it give's a warm feeling to know that Gary ,Thanks .

So I understand that you guy's are all waiting for our return for the next years Muncie Rally ,
Jim was saying something like that in one of his last post here on the forum,to return together with me next year to the Muncie Rally ,now we have something to consider ,you guy's want some real competition

From the Hitec skydiver are not many photo's made of, they shielded that of for sneaky cameras ,I have to ask Theo if he was able to take some on a on attended moment , perhaps ? I will ask him as soon he is back in town .

See Ya ,Jules

Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 AM
lundy

I promise to get the technical info updated from the new chute as soon the "BOSS" Theo was back in town.
Well he he is giving the following info for that chute .

The chute is a scaled version of the original version of the Para Commander (USA) and Papillon (Fr) It is based on the version 1/1 and the original working drawings and maintenance records.

- Scale ΒΌ

- Diam. 1,82 m (71,65 Inch)

- 24 sections

- The chute is build up from more then 140 pieces

- Made from F111 raw material

- With sleeve and pilot chute

- Poids skydiver ca 2,8 kg (6,2 lbs)

- Steerable L and R

- Cutting the row material (with a hot iron ) in to all the bit's and pieces took about 3 months

- The time needed for sewing it all together took about a half year

If you still have questions about this chute ,Theo is happy to answer them at, [email protected]

,Jules
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 AM
JuanF

Jules,
Thanks for the information about the parachute. How tall is the jumper?
Hope you have a speedy recovery and you can make it to Muncie next year.
Juan
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 AM
lundy

Juan,

The Jumper is 52 cm tal or 20,4 inch.
ΒΌ scale ,is a more or less the normal size .

,Jules
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
JuanF

Jules,
Thanks again.
Juan
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
lundy

Your welcome Juan,

Good luck with your operation Juan ! Tums up !

,jules
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 PM
skydiver

Hi Guys,
It's been a long time since I have posted on this forum although I have been "lurking". Jules mentioned my back issues and it was five vertebraes rather than three tied together using screws and ss rods. So far it hasn't been worth the stress and pain, but Jules tells me to be patient.
Not much modeling activity, flying foamies and a Hobby King "Bixler" that Jules ordered for me. It's something I can keep up with in my old age.
I still have my jumpers and sometimes six is too many. I have one that was built in Germany by Stefan Etzkorn that I would consider selling. It has a canopy by Theo and flies well. I think it has a Futaba 2.4 receiver in it.
It interested, send me a post at: [email protected]

Paul Reiner
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Paul

Great to hear from you. I sent you an email about the jumper. Hang in there and I hope it all up hill for you from here.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.