Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Redcatlover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions.

I have the caldera 10e. i do short course racing. i broke a couple arms,shocks,ect ect spent 100+ on parts. I should just throw out this idea for redcat. maybe they should consider having aluminum upgrade parts,chassis,hub carriers,shock towers,arms, ect like hpi has for their trucks. wouldnt be a bad idea really. comment below what you think

thanks,bob
Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suggestions.

ORIGINAL: Redcatlover

I have the caldera 10e. i do short course racing. i broke a couple arms,shocks,ect ect spent 100+ on parts. I should just throw out this idea for redcat. maybe they should consider having aluminum upgrade parts,chassis,hub carriers,shock towers,arms, ect like hpi has for their trucks. wouldnt be a bad idea really. comment below what you think

thanks,bob
What kind of suggestions are you looking for? It should have never cost that much for some replacement parts. Aluminum parts are for show mostly, they're heavier and bend. The Caldera 10e is a tough truck. Besides the brass pinion and front knuckles needing to be upgraded, it holds up well. These trucks aren't indestructible. They often have more power then they can handle and in turn need the operator to control them from ripping themselves apart.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 AM
carslover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i completely agree with dads, i have used aluminum parts in the past and they get messed up a lot easier than plastic parts, like he said they are for show!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Redcatlover

thanks,bob
Redcat doesnt have alloy arms, but they do have alloy shock towers. These will flex less than the stock ones and thus help keep the shocks from bending.
The hub carries, front and rear are availible in alloy as well. There is also a alloy upgrade steering drag link, front and rear suspension mount and also anti roll bars.

http://www.redcatracing.com/Search-2...a146=1&a386=pi