Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Help Getting this Boat Running, Yellow Bat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Help Getting this Boat Running, Yellow Bat

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:58 AM
murcielago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Getting this Boat Running, Yellow Bat

I got a hold of this boat sometime ago and it's time to get it running. If it had wings it would already be flying, but I don't know much about boats. It measures around 30" long and it's made of thin fiberglass. I'd like to know what power plant would be a good match and what hardware would I need...and if it's cost effective. What you see in the pics is all I have. There is not rudder, driveshaft, motor mount, prop, etc.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Help Getting this Boat Running, Yellow Bat

What would your goals for it be? And for how much?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
murcielago

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

What would your goals for it be? And for how much?
Just for fun, brushless motor and esc. Already have lipo Tx/Rx and servo. The motor and ESC is not that hard to figure out, but I do need to figure out how to get a driveshaft connected to the motor, then to the prop, and also get a rudder that will fit...along with a water pick up tube. I want to spend as little as possible even if I get the stuff from China.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Off shore electrics will have everything you need to purchase. From the motor, a coupler is used. The shaft you need is dependent on the existing sizes. You may get a new rudder that mount in the same general area. There's many to choose from.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
murcielago

Ok guys, I've received a few of the parts ordered. I got a new driveshaft, rudder, motor, esc, etc. What do you guys suggest on the angle of the driveshaft. Should I use the current outer shaft tube that is angled down...or should I install it through the transom with much less angle. Also, what do you suggest as far as sealling the driveshaft. The one that's already installed has a nylon fitting on each end...the new one does not. The ESC is 100A, the motor is 28*85 27kv, and the prop is 36*1.4

Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
murcielago

Well, here it is. I appreciate all the help. Someone said, "get a new one, it will cost you about $300 to get it running". Not sure if it will run good, but I only spent a little over a hundred. I did get trim tabs, but haven't installed them...will I need them? Before I take it out on Sunday, anything I did wrong...