Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 8.0 or Losi LST XXL- ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
007mrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8.0 or Losi LST XXL- ASAP!

hey guys gonna get a birthday present my brother is gonna convince my parents and he also knows about trucks but neighter him or i know about them as you guys so wanna you all Mtg 8.0 or losi lst xxl ? i know that mgt has 8.0 engine but what does losi have ? its something called losi 454 but is it 4.5 or 8.0 or what is it ? and which one is faster, better, stronger, better jumper and a better basher ?! which one is bigger? and can handle high jumps ( about 2 mt max !! ) with out crashing and can handle good like no rolling while turning (even slow) !please help me asap please thx in advance
note: i can get parts for mgt waayy easier thru my lhs but they dont sell lhs !
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Voxmagna

Default RE: MGT 8.0 or Losi LST XXL- ASAP!

Is this your first nitro?
Engine:
•Team AE MGT 8.0 - 8.0cc
•HPi savage XL - 5.9cc (3-speed forward-only tranny)
•Team Losi XXL - 4.6cc*

The MGT 8.0 is a torque monster, but it needs love.

Which is faster- The Losi XXL is more of a racer with some bash ability

The Stronger, better basher and can handle high jumps- Savage XL DOES just That, NO RC is Cartwheel-Proof

A Better jumper- Depends on the skills of the driver

Which one is bigger- The Savage xl and MGT 8.0 are very similar, but the HPI savageXL looks bigger for some reason.

Which one is better(to work on and repair.) The MGT 4.6 & 8.0
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I really like the MGT trucks, and the 8.0 engine is very powerful , but I think id have to go with the XXL out of the 2. It uses less fuel and handles and jumps better than the MGT. You really wont go wrong with either truck though, and the MGT is cheaper and extremely easy to work on. I would reccomend the Savage XL over the MGT as well, but I dont know if that is an option for you.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 PM
wildwilly420

I know this is an old question,but hands down the mgt 8.0.then get the motor modded.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Hands down" Losi XXL. The MGT is OK and all, but it's no LST.. Neither the MGT nor the Savage are even in the same league with the XXL when it comes to handling, performance, speed, jumping(Savage not bad maybe..), etc.. And IMHO, same applies to durability, reliability, and toughness. My LST2 is five years old - and has been run pretty hard. Most other RC's after the same kind of running would be nothing more than a heap of parts. No blind brand loyalty coming from me either - this is just based on constantly being amazed how long my LST2 keeps trucking, and how much it puts up with. Best RC product I have ever had - "hands down", and I've had a good few at this stage..

The LST2 and XXL are more expensive though. And I will also be honest that, to really get the most out of them for bashing, IMO you need the New Era rollbar, which is kind of expensive. But that really is all you need. No new engine, no upgraded transmission or shocks or whatever... Just the rollbar and go.