Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Flysky FS-GT3C computer drivers

Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
wyumez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flysky FS-GT3C computer drivers

I'm trying to run the virtualrc software but I need a driver for my PC (Windows 8 pro 64bit)

There is a mini USB to USB port but I was also given a 3.5mm to USB cord as well for some reason.

Does anyone have a link to the driver so I can use the transmitter with the computer?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Flysky FS-GT3C computer drivers

I doubt anybody has a driver for a Windows 8 beta, how did you get a copy of Windows 8 already?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 AM
wyumez

I'm part of MSDN.

A windows 7 driver should be compatible... I just can't find it. I've read somewhere that the 3.5mm sim cord is used to connect to the transmitter but there are no 3.5mm slots!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Foxy

Ah, I lost my MSDN sub years ago when I left the tech department at work. I still do IT consultancy, but more strategic for the business side, so no longer eligible for free MSDN.

The USB interface is automatically identified as a PPM compatible controller in Windows 7, there is no driver as such. Could it be due to limited functionality of the W8 beta that it's not being recognized (limited oem hardware db?)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
wyumez

Yeah, MSDN is pretty boss. I've had the pro version of w8 for awhile. It's... okay. Wish I had a bigger touch screen monitor though. They also released MS office 2013 for MSDN download. I'm actually in MSDN for two universities so I have a ton of legit serial keys

Hrm.. that's possible. I haven't tried it in windows 7. I'll give it a try it though. When I went to flysky's site, there are drivers for their plane and helicopter simulator controllers, but none for land.

It is actually very difficult to find a topic for this... when I search for Flysky and drivers, I always get RC Driver magazine links.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Foxy

How are you liking Windows 8?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

has nothing to do with his windows....mine wont recognize the controller either.
it is odd, the gt3c manual shows using the 3.5mm plug to use as virtual controller...but no 3.5mm port on the radio.
You would think that the usb port on the radio would be superior and easier to connect to the computer than the 3.5mm port.
Ive had a gt and used the 3.5mm port to connect the computer and use as a controller for VRC Pro and it worked well. It kinda sucks I cant get the GT3c to connect.

I submitted a ticket at hobbypartz.com asking them if they know how to connect the gt3c to a computer. I am hoping maybe there is a driver or something to download. I also asked why the radio comes with a cable that has usb/3.5mm plug when the radio has no 3.5mm port.

Last edited by nitrosportsandrunner; 11-06-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM
swervo

the gt-3 also advertises expo , has the menu item 'expo' but the function is absent . not a bad cheap radio but does not do what it says on the box .
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has expo, I have it set for -40% expo on steering. If you go with 40% EXPO that makes the center really fast and the outside very slow.

The cables, you need to use a bunch to get it connected. There is one that has what looks like a thumb drive on the end, then you connect a USB to 3.5 jack, then the 3.5 to mini usb or some crazy thing like that. Last time I set it up it used 4 cables?

Buzz.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swervo
the gt-3 also advertises expo , has the menu item 'expo' but the function is absent . not a bad cheap radio but does not do what it says on the box .
Yeah, I've got a GT3C and my Expo works just fine!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Yeah, I've got a GT3C and my Expo works just fine!
mine works to, tho I will admit you have to adjust it a lot to notice a difference. which is fine with me, I never really felt I needed expo.

duel rates for the throttle and steering matter more to me. I turn down the throttle rate to 50% or 70% to let my kids drive it.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 PM
Spserpent

Default Vrc pro no adapter or drivers needed

Don’t know if anybody writing about this but i found a way to get fs gt3c working without adapter on pc

1. Get audio cable its also know as aux cable 3.5mm dsc bullets and cut it open expose wires inside!

2. Get a micro usb and cut and expose wires inside you just need micro usb side remember you need lengh!

3. Connect yellow wire from audio cable to white wire from micro usb! The rest of the wires from both cables connect together! You should have to cable strands now yellow with white, and all other cables together!

4.now download vjoy and smartpropoplus

5.open smartpropoplus and connect audio cable to microphone jack on computer and the microusb to your transmitter! Program should detect microphone connection now!

6. Make sure in program you click up top where it says transmitter then select under PPM the option that says standard! You now should have a working controller!

7. Now open VRC Pro and go to options and control options and select vjoy it should be working!

8. No need to calibrate just use trim buttons on transmitter just like real life!

9. Enjoy the game and practice!