Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Images - Bev & Joel Flying A Trainer

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Images - Bev & Joel Flying A Trainer

Old 01-27-2011, 05:12 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Images - Bev & Joel Flying A Trainer

Uh-oh... we had better watch out, then!!! [X(]
Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Skyhigh Bev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[color=#FF0099]LOL!!!!!! Looks like we'll have to Charter a new club inside the cargo hold! Here's a question for Bill..... Are we going to encounter any indigenous wildlife on the runway???? Here's why......

[X(]

[link]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=010_1295904756[/link]

(warning.... off-color language.... [:@] )
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM
CGRetired

Geech.. I hope not!!! But, I imagine that the 777 will land on a paved runway.. ha..

CGr
Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
the_madgenius

ok Bev, we do have about 100 kangaroos on the field, accompanied with about 400 cattle. Nothing to be greatly concerned about, as they do help to keep the grass short. If you have to do an abort, just make sure your undercarriage clears the horns of the cattle.
Now Dick , what is this about a paved runway???? I spend days mowing this grass to bowling green standard, just waiting for your arrival. > the green carpet< Gee , where is your sense of adventure?????
bill
Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 AM
CGRetired

We're not so lucky... we don't have the beasties around to keep our grass down. But, we also keep it to bowling green standards. That grass tastes funny, though, don't you agree? [:'(]
Old 01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
the_madgenius

Well Dick , my first thoughts were to send you some kangaroos to keep the grass short. But on second thoughts i can see this action could start an international incident. Picture the headlines in the world news. "MAN DENIES AUSTRALIA'S UNIQUE MAMMALS OF SUSTENANCE, BY EATING ALL THE GRASS HIMSELF". I have heard though that if you sprinkle the grass will a liberal amount of pepper, then it does taste better.
bill
Old 01-30-2011, 03:05 AM
CGRetired

I believe it all sort of depends on what kind of grass it is... In our case, seeing as it is all crab-grass, perhaps a little cocktail sauce with that pepper might help..

But we "don't want no stinking international incidents" so send some other non-indiginous mammal...
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0066]Holy Scott's Weed n Feed Batman!!!! [X(] Perhaps I should pack some olive oil and basalmic vinegar along with my salad bowl n tongs!!!!! Btw, although we border the Florida Everglades, we don't get a lot of wildlife crossing our airfield... I've seen white tail deer once (in the middle of the day no less), and we have burrowing owls (protected species) that set up nests out there. Alligators are occaisionally in our lakes, and then you have the general public that ignores the 'no parking, low flying aircraft' signs and try to drive out in the middle of the field and play frisbee... while planes and jets are airborne ...!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0066]Gentlemen,
Here's an update that you probably already know if you read the AMA Today newsletter last Friday.... yours truly was asked if they could use a picture of me in their marketing of the custom AMA cards. I said of course, sent them a photo and the background info they asked for and told them if that picture didn't work, to take any of the ones in my FaceBook album on flying. Turns out, they also added a story on the 75th anniversary page about me from the info. I got an email from the Director yesterday saying that they had over 3,000 hits on my story the first day alone...second only to the FAA update. Needless to say, I was very, very flattered that they asked. I even called my cousin (son on Uncle Al who inspired me so many years ago when I saw him flying models.... he is downloading the articles to take and show to my Uncle today)

Bev
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60518.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	1561015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23202.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1561016  
Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 AM
CGRetired

Hey Bev!! Now how cool is that! Hey, that's more than a minute of fame!!! Congrats!

Here is the link, Folks:

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/A...ruary-2011.pdf

Dick.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0099]Gentlemen,

MPPA is hosting our annual NIGHT FLY on Saturday, April 2, 2011 starting at 7 pm. Cyalume sticks will be available for sale if you don't have a lighting system already set up for one of your planes.

We always have a blast!!! Come out and fly/crash with the best of em [:@] !!!

Markham Park Airfield

Saturday, April 2nd, 2011

Sunrise/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

7pm till 1am

Awards for lighting, performance, heli and OOPS!

Snacks and drinks will be available for purchase.

Firebowl will be lit for the "after-party"!

Spectators welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Bz78911.pdf (1.17 MB, 17 views)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Hay,
I would have thought all you charactures that survived the 60s knew how to eat grass. About an ounce to a batch of brownies and add an egg. Wait is that right I forget.

What were we talking about any way man.[sm=tired.gif] Ok I will just have to quit watching "That 70s Show" reruns[8D]
Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
flyingmachine
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bev,

This is the plane you wanted me to post

-Rich,

From Markham 4/12/11
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay75124.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	908.3 KB
ID:	1593122  
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: flyingmachine

Bev,

This is the plane you wanted me to post

-Rich,

From Markham 4/12/11
A "Fun One"? http://cgi.ebay.com/MODEL-FUN-ONE-RC...-/120384687652
http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0490-manual.pdf
I clipped the taper off the wing tips and added end plates. On high throws the roll rate was amazing but still flew nicely on low throws.

On second look yours is not a Fun-One but very close.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I might be wrong, but it looks like a Super Hots to me.

Ken
Old 04-13-2011, 12:10 PM
angel18
Banned

Thanks for all for information.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
bruce88123

Super Hots ?? Like this http://xredx.tumblr.com/post/6845752...reams-you-guys

Seriously - isn't the "Hots" a profile plan?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM
flygilmore

ORIGINAL: RCKen

I might be wrong, but it looks like a Super Hots to me.

Ken

You are wrong.........it is a "Flying Machine" by Muddiman. An awesome flying plane that until you have seen one, you wouldn't believe how violent this plane rips up the skies.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Thanks for the info

Ken
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0099]Gentlemen,

.....and the winner is..... FlyGilmore! Yes, it's a scratch built flyingmachine... built by Joel Cimmino who flies at Markham and has built some of my scratch built planes as well....

Rich says they are awesome planes... and I may have to hit him over the head one of these days and abscond with that PINK plane!!!!!!!!

Bev
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0066]Gentlemen,

I haven't posted in a looonnng time!!!! Been busy running my Real Estate company! Looks like I'm going electric too! My flight instructor David Storer is building me a Dominatrix and an Electric flight box. The hobby has changed so much in the 7 years I've been in it!!! ...........I'm digressing from my reason for posting though........

Big announcement (and yes, it's airplane related...sort of)........ It's a WEDDING..... No, not mine Gentlemen... I'm still single and searching..sigh... It's my flight instructor David Storer and his girlfriend Cheri. Why is this important to me??? They have asked ME to do the honors and officiate at their wedding. I of course have accepted. Who knew that 6 1/2 years ago when I showed up at the airfield and took my first lesson with David, the instructor, that I would forge a lifelong friendship (eventually meeting Cheri, becoming fast friends with her as well) and end up marrying them!!! Yes, airplanes are a HUGE theme in this wedding... they met when David taught Cheri's son how to fly...(and that Dominatrix David is building me... Cheri's son now designs RC airplanes for a living and it's one of his designs!!!)

Stay tuned for a photo.... the wedding is next Thursday!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Bev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang girl, haven't seen you in forever. How're you doing?? Missed seeing you around here.

Did you hear the news about Mike?? 

ken
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
the_madgenius

When i first opened this post, i wasn't sure if this was Bev or not so i had to reread all 42 pages again to be sure, and it is , it is Bev, back again after soooo loooooong.
Welcome back Bev. Now i'll have to go and mow the field again in anticapation of the arrival of the triple7
Bill
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I ran across this thread a LONG time ago, Its good to see the people involved in it are still flying. We had a couple that were learning to fly in a local club, and after the wife became much better than the husband (very quickly) they both quit coming to the field ! hahahha
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Skyhigh Bev

[color=#FF0066]Ken,
Yes, I was very sorry to hear about Mike's passing. I had always hoped to meet him one day. My message on the thread in the Clubhouse is #190 I think. I'm doing well (not flying much...work gets in the way....don't you just hate when that happens.) I slacked off once I stepped down after my second term as club President... (term limits...) I had to devote more time to earning my keep!!! We've got another Night Fly coming up later this month... I'll definitely be there for that, and when the weather starts to cool a tad more, I want to schedule time to spend at the airfield flying. I miss the comaraderie as much as the actual flying!

Bill,
How are things Down Under....???? I see they haven't arrested you yet for anything!!!! Keep that landing strip mowed.... we are still trying to appropriate funds from RCU for the trip down!!!

Foodstick
I'm like a bad penny!!! I just keep turning up. This hobby is very addictive...as you all know! I love it!!! We've had girls come out to the field and fly...but just like at yours, they quit and move on. I'm hoping that perhaps with all the electric planes now, maybe some will stick around. For me, the smell of glow, gas and jet A reminds me of all the time I spent as I was growing up on boats in the Keys and flying back and forth to the Bahamas. (kinda like the smell of freshly mowed grass....it's a childhood memory thing) And the reason the wife was better than the husband is simple... WE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS...LOL!

We are all still here because there hasn't been a 12 step program invented to cure an R/C addiction!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.