Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Pictures not renewing with ad content

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Pictures not renewing with ad content

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:13 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Pictures not renewing with ad content

The last few times I've renewed an expired ad the pics don't renew as they should and used to. Yes I'm checking the box that says to include them..

Just a minor inconvenience,,, anyone else experiencing this too?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pictures not renewing with ad content

This is an ongoing issue that occurs occasionally. At present, the only option is to reupload the photos to your new ad.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Iflyit
My Feedback: (512)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has not been occasionally, it has been for months and months that they do not show when renewing an ad for me, they always have to be uploaded again which is a pain.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

The problem has been ongoing for several months, but does not affect all members or all ads. Our IT staff is working to correct it.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM
scale only 4 me

Only All of mine all of the time,, LOL

I guess I wouldn't have to relist it so often if I was sell it for less
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

The same thing happens to me too. ALWAYS ... with ALL ads. I have a slow connection and I like to use nice size photos, so it takes forever to RE-upload my six photos over and over and over and over again ... every time I renew my ads. I suppose the best way to avoid this would be to practically give away whatever it is you would like to sell.

Chuck
Old 10-08-2012, 07:35 AM
crtmmac
My Feedback: (12)

Me too. Always. It is a pain because I manage my account from multiple PCs. So this means I have to keep the photos available on all my computers. I've just re posted ofrom my work PC and I didn't have the photo so it's been posted without the pictures. It is annoying. Could I suggest to the webmaster that the choice to keep the pics is removed temporarily until the service is fixed.

Thx
/colin
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

I have asked again for our developers to look at this issue and provide an update.

If we remove the option to use the existing photos, then we cause a 100% impact to all members. Right now, the issue is affecting only a small number of users. I'm not sure we want to cause problems for everyone else at this time.

If you are renewing an ad on a computer that does not have the photos, you can always go into the existing ad, download the photos, then upload them. In this way you will not be stuck posting an ad with no photos.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Iflyit

ORIGINAL: JWN

Right now, the issue is affecting only a small number of users. I'm not sure we want to cause problems for everyone else at this time.

How has this been verified? Maybe it is all users now have the same issue? It has done it for me for at least 5 years if not longer.

If you are renewing an ad on a computer that does not have the photos, you can always go into the existing ad, download the photos, then upload them. In this way you will not be stuck posting an ad with no photos.

That is a big pain.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

I myself cannot reproduce the issue no matter how many times I try, nor can other members of our staff or moderators. To date, there have been only about a dozen members reporting the issue yet we have thousands who use the marketplace.

I fully understand it is more work than it should be, but it is better than posting ads without photos. We all know your chances of selling are dramatically better if you include photos.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Iflyit

That would lead me to beleive if one had a staff account, mod, admin, so on that it works properly, but not a regular account.

Most people might think that is the way it is supposed to work, uploading each time. They might not know anything different so they wouldnt complain about it.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

My account is exactly the same as yours, or anyone else's in regards to posting ads. My account only allows me access to areas of the site which are hidden from public view. This issue is not related to access rights. I have even created a new account with standard users rights and cannot reproduce the issue.

I am awaiting an update from our developers team. This issue has existed for a very long time because it has proven to be extremely elusive execpt to a small number of users such as yourself.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
crtmmac
My Feedback: (12)

That's very interesting that some have the problem and some do not. I must admit that I have ad the issue consistently for as long as I can remember - that's several years. I will say that even though I have had the issue for ever I have not reported it onthis forum until now out of shear frustration. Maybe more people experience this than you think. But, of course I don't doubt that you don't have the issue. As a networking engineer myself, I'd first guess that the issue is not in the type of account, but in the hardware or the settings of the the PC. - Cookies, proxies, NAT's, firewall or even the ISP.

The thing that get's me is that if the issue is so long lived, why haven't your engineers been able to fix it. I'm pretty sure ours could based on the complexity of issues they fix in our company. I'd go further to say that I do have faith in your guys and believe it's not a technical block, rather it is a corporate block, is this a priority for the company? If it becomes a priority then I am confident that your enginners will be able to fix it.

Given that, I am a 100% supporter of RC Universe and will always be so.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: JWN

My account is exactly the same as yours, or anyone else's in regards to posting ads. My account only allows me access to areas of the site which are hidden from public view. This issue is not related to access rights. I have even created a new account with standard users rights and cannot reproduce the issue.

I am awaiting an update from our developers team. This issue has existed for a very long time because it has proven to be extremely elusive execpt to a small number of users such as yourself.
This only started happening for me after the change over/server melt down what ever you want to call it episode of last winter,, before last year it worked fine Always,, so It's not me it's you

I just started linking my photobucket pics or link to the expired ad instead of uploading each time,,

Wouldn't be such a pain if you could upload mutiple pics at the same time like other sites,, the one pic at a time is very time consuming,, maybe you can get them to modify that while they're at it

Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM
cfv007

They want us to believe that this issue RARELY ever happens. They make it sound like, of the hundreds of thousands of users, this issue only happens to like 12 people. So if we believe that, then the odds of it happening to any one particular individual, would be astronomically small.

So ... to test the odds, I had a friend sign up and open a new account. He posted an ad with pictures. Guess what happened? LOL ..... you got it. THE SAME DAMN THING!

I think we are more likely to get struck by lightning than we are getting this issue fixed.

Someone mentioned linking to your expired ad where the pictures can still be seen. How do you do that? That would be much easier and faster than reloading all the photos over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again ..... one ......... photo ..... at ...........a ....... time.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
scale only 4 me

just copy and paste the URL of the expired ad like this http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=870031
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM
cfv007

Thanks ... that's the way to go!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cfv007

They want us to believe that this issue RARELY ever happens. They make it sound like, of the hundreds of thousands of users, this issue only happens to like 12 people. So if we believe that, then the odds of it happening to any one particular individual, would be astronomically small.

So ... to test the odds, I had a friend sign up and open a new account. He posted an ad with pictures. Guess what happened? LOL ..... you got it. THE SAME DAMN THING!

I think we are more likely to get struck by lightning than we are getting this issue fixed.

Someone mentioned linking to your expired ad where the pictures can still be seen. How do you do that? That would be much easier and faster than reloading all the photos over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again ..... one ......... photo ..... at ...........a ....... time.

This happens to me as well, every single ad I renew, every time.

I'd be glad to send JWN my login so he can make it happen from my account.....
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

This was posted in July last year. An ongoing issue that has not been resolved. If I cancel my existing ad without selling the item, then post a new ad and try to upload the photos, will I gat hammered for posting 2 ads? Then what if it still won't work, then what?