Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panzer III issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Choochoo187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panzer III issues.

Iposted this in the War Room , perhaps it was in the wrong place. i been off here awhile. After sitting for2 yearsi decided to fire the HL Panzer III up. Idiscovered a wire was disconnected from the RX board from the slot for the battery the number 1 slot i guess. i followed the black wire and it went to the on/off switch. so i figured it has to be the lead from the battery to the board via the switch. well after messing with it for awhile no results. Next idea was to grab a switch from the garage and splice it in . Its a led switch and it lit up, So now i know i have power. Also the Speaker chirped.But no start up . Iordered another board for the hell of it but i cant believed this one is fried. My questions are these. Do these boards go up alot? they are cheap so i dont mind getting a few. My other question is am i just a Idiot and im missing something obvious? The tank sat on my Bookcase forever and i cant remember it falling or anything. the reciever same it was in my desk Any Help would be cool. Ichecked all the wires and connectionsand saw no breaks ,and replaced and charged Batts,

Thanks Matt
Old 10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Panzer III issues.

i always like to see pictures that way i can compare it to other people that have to same tank most will take a picture of what theirs looks like to compare what board is in it was it the RX13 ,14 18
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Matt, I answered your question in the war room... and will here too.

The red wire from the batt. goes to the lead on the ON side of the switch / the red wire from the RX-18 board solders to the middle lead / and the two black wires go to the lead on the OFF side of the switch, one to the batt. and one to the RX-18.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Choochoo187

Thanks I didnt see any response on the other posts. Sorry.. yeah i figured after looking at the wire diagrams online it was right. the wiring that is. without making a video showing whats happening i can just describe it and show this pic. my fingerpointing atthe plug. but im not real worried about the on /off switch im relocating all of that elsewhere anyway. my worry was the board. and startup troubleshooting. Thanks for the posts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66251.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1809586  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

The red wire on the plug your finger is on goes to the middle of the switch.  If you have that correct then it may be the board.  The only way I know to test it is to replace it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Airbrushler

only thing i have stock is my Pershing two black wires at the off position one red wire in the middle of the switch off the board and one red wire is at the end in the on position that goes to the battery
hope this pic helps in the pic the one red wire looks to be in the middle but it is at the end of the switch the other wire is just under it

Name:	Da83326.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1809592  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Choochoo187

Thanks Pah co chu puk. Its good to get a opinion , i ordered one today along with other parts so ill know soon. Thanks again.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Choochoo187

Thats the setup . i had it right then thanks Airbrushler. it has to be the board. i found a few cheap on Ebay so i bought one and some lower 3:1 gears and other parts so ill be busy this weekend. i crushed a disk and some nerves in my back so im not going anywhere soon.lol Tank time!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Airbrushler

if you need something like a board a lot of guys upgrade to other systems and you could even probably get a board for next to nothing just ask around someone might have what you need everyone on here is pretty good to help out another tanker, sorry to hear about your back
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Choochoo187

Cool Cool Thanks. Ijust want to get this little Panzer running. Its my Beater..The one i got started with.Im going to get a King Tiger or a Tiger1 here soon . That one ill go way over the Top. Its been a few years since ive been on this site but the people were awesome then and i see they are now. My wife has me on a mad budget . I just built a High performance VW soa tankits not high on her list.lol

Name:	Ay74893.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1809617