Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Short course truck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Short course truck.

I will call these wheels and tires: "I wanna be like MaddMatt BFG's" Hehehe. I tried to get the black ones but these were really cheap. It's starting to grow on me now. The hexes made the tires stick out so I trimed the wheel wheels. Makes it have a wider stance by about 1/2 inch on each side.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43331.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	1447853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30444.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1447854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70093.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1447855  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
bigblock454XXL

It's been a month and a half. And this truck is AWESOME! It jumps like crazy, no landing is to long or hard. Speed is awesome. The best part is running a Lipo battery and having full power as fast as I can pull the throttle. AND. . . . . It's for sale. Look in the RCU classifieds.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
MaddMatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean it's for sale? What are you going to do, race your King Hauler next year?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:10 PM
bigblock454XXL

HAHAHA! . . . . . . That sure caught your attention. Gonna get something a bit newer. I hate everytime I buy a R/C vehicle, 4 months later something better comes out. My birthday's coming up in a couple months. Maybe I'll get lucky!! Believe it or not I got two trailers to build for guys. One will be $450 and the other $455. With about $300 profit. Once that word gets out I hope to build one a week. I sure hope!
Don't worry. . . I'll have something new to wipe your truck all over falconer, NY!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
bigblock454XXL

My post got deleted because there was a link to something that shouldn't have been. I hate when I violate rules and don't know it. Sorry guys. So anyways, I'mm going to buy something new to beat maddmatt. PERIOD!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
bigblock454XXL

So the kid gave me back the SC10 and now wants the Tmaxx that I got. So I got everything sold that I wanted but then I get the SC10 back and now I don't have a dang radio or receiver. But that's ok. Looks like it might sit on a shelf for another month til the racing starts up again.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Speed Assault

thanks for sharing pics.I have seen other pics but the tires stick out in front when copmpressed.
ear mark this thread for my build

ORIGINAL: MaddMatt

Well, here it is, Slash 4x4 wheels, HPI Blitz front C-hubs, Hex drives, and spindles. Full RPM arms, Bumpers, and Ball ends. Looks Awsome! The HPI stuff fits pretty good without much trouble. The rear hex drives are stock TC4 touring car, the front are stock Blitz.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:13 AM
ntrain42

SC10 is available in kit form and is so far the cheapest option in a short course truck, but still based on the t4 which seams to break easy in the front end. Reviews of blitz are pretty good, but the slash still has the waterproof electronics. Blitz RTR is only about $10 - $15 more than the Kit SC10. Was his SC10 a RTR or Kit? I would actually prefer the kit form myself. Too bad the new 4x4 Slash Platinum is so much $...

Here's a pretty cool forum about Short course trucks.. http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/index.php
The SC10's front end weakness is an easy $15 upgrade from RPM to address the issue and make it bullitproof whether its the RTR, kit or factory team kit. The Blitz ESE is a very nice kit, but IMO I think the SC10 factory team version is the better race truck. Not a fan of anything traxxis myself, if your gonna do a 4x4 SC, then I think the OFNA 10sc is the way to go.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 AM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: bigblock454XXL

Yeah, the T4 seems to break the front end too easily... even with just incidental contact... arms get torn off. Or it could be your lead foot. Were they running in the same class as the Slash trucks?

Yea. . . They had all the short course trucks in together, about 7 or 8 trucks in a heat, with two heats. You can find it on YouTube. there is a couple video's of it. The Blitz, In My Opinion, was able to hook up alot better on the carpet then all the others.
The problem is, how well were the other trucks setup. You have alot of adjustments when it comes to things like rear camber, toe in,tires,motor/esc combo etc.......too many variables to put anything squarely on the potential of any chassis. I honestly feel the Blitze ESE and FT SC10 are comparable kits with neither really having any significantadvantage.........
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
ntrain42

Don't really want to spend that much... Just wanted to build one up with the RPM lights and stuff to make it look cool. Starting to lean towards the Trashxxas, just because of the higher ground clearance, and the fact that it's such a common race class, just in case. But i think the price on slashes has gone up some from when they first came out... and the Blitz is cheaper. Amain hobbies had Strike BND's for $169.99 lastweek but I didn't have the $$ at the time, and they were up to $200 as of last night.. (even though they are pretty much junk).
The SC10 FT kit can be had from Tower for about $200 shipped with their current coupon offerings..........I know Tower carries HPI, just not sure if the Blitz is available through them.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 AM
ntrain42

No, scratch that. BND strike are still showing up $169 at Amain... Hmm...
Sotrmer Hobbies had the BND strike on sale for $99 shipped a few weeks back, not sure what the deal is now. I think its being discontinued with a new SC model from Losi.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 AM
ntrain42

Hehe, I just realized this is an older thread, seems to be ALOT of these on RCU..........
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
mlawrencemsc
My Feedback: (19)

Matt Just had to reply this is one of the very best looking trucks I've ever seen. It just veryprofessionalclean lines looks great. May I ask the name of the body and where you got it? Mike

Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM
mlawrencemsc
My Feedback: (19)

Me too back in 2010. Well may be he'll still reply.