Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

By the way, I changed it once before but forgot. Anybody know? I tried going to my account and clicking change user name, but it just comes up as search for member thing. Below that is a form. So I put my new user name in that and submitted that. They sent me an email saying someone would help me with my issue soon. (Also it the notes box, I put, "Just changing the username") Is this going to change it?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
cumquat

i'm guessing you changed it too recently. i changed mine a couple years ago and when i clicked request change just a minute ago, it brought up the correct page.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
DieHarder

yeah, it at the bottom selection it says change user. I click that and it comes up search member?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: Oracus

I'm starting to wonder who the oldest is on this thread
I might be in the running for that category.... I give you a little hint...My first "real" R/C was the Tamiya Grasshopper II.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
DieHarder

I tried just "DieHard" but theres already multiple people who have that. So I'm doing "DieHard1207". The first 2 digits are my age, and the second 2 digits are the year that my cat was born. (He was such a cute kitten)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:30 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

ORIGINAL: Oracus

I'm starting to wonder who the oldest is on this thread
I might be in the running for that category.... I give you a little hint...My first ''real'' R/C was the Tamiya Grasshopper II.
you're not that old, i still have at least 1 gun older than you i bet i knew someone older than anyone else here. my great grandpa was 99 when he died in '05. if you look at his grave marker, only the years are shown so it looks like he was 100 (died in jan., born in dec.). it got morbid in her fast.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
E90

Hey everyone, have a question if someone can please help. Just put the brushless evader diff together and when I screw together both halves the out drives won't spin. The diff I bought has the small rubber o-rings with the metal rings that are similar in size to the o-rings. I double checked and my gears are meshed but its going together really tight. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
DieHarder

Yeah. See the bevel gears have to mesh perfectly with the spider gears. So here's what you do. Put together one side and then set the other side on. Get the screws started and tighten them about half way. Turn the outdrives to make sure they turn smoothly. Then tighten it up so the screws are snug. Once again, turn the outdrives to make sure they turn smoothly. Then tighten it up all the way and check to make sure they still turn smoothly. Do you have the right shims so that the bevel/spider gear mesh is set right? Because if you don't, I can mail them to you. Also I used the metal O-ring things and not the rubber. I think the metal o-rings work better than rubber ones. But when putting the diff together, that turning the outdrives every now and then while tightening is a very important part of the assembly. If you need anymore help, you can either post it here and I'm sure I can help you out (I went through the same situation), or you can watcht this assembly video. That's what I used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKBUVOzNfg
Old 10-12-2012, 05:26 PM
E90

I don't have any shims. All that came in the parts package was rubber and metal o-rings. No wide shims.
I put it together with first the rubber than the metal o rings, then the pin and bevel gear but still too tight.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
cumquat

try putting the metal ring on the outdrives before inserting it into the case. that may be what they intended.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 AM
DieHarder

That's what I thought, but then the outdrive pin doesn't fully reach the back side of the bevel gear. Really all you have to do is turn it every now and then to make sure it's smooth. (Like I said above)
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 AM
E90

What did you make your shims from?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
DieHarder

Acually, My dad's a mechanical engineer and where he works, he was able to order custom shims. So all I had to do was get the right demensions and he ordered. them. I got like 10 of them and I only needed two. They aren't roughly cut, their just regular shims that are just the right size. So if you need any, just pm me your address, and I'll send them to you.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
E90

Pm sent. Thanks alot
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 PM
DieHarder

Hey, E90, can you pm me your first and last name? I tried asking that through a pm, but it says you cannot or chose not to be able to recieve pms. I think you should enable that. I like to keep a record of the people I send parts to.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM
DieHarder

what'd everyone do over the weekend? I stayed home, and watched the lions at eagles. What a great game! They just came out on top with that 49yd field goal in OT.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Crash7772

Worked and Golf.....
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
DieHarder

I didn't get a chance to work because it rained all weekend.[] I do yard work.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
DieHarder

Ok E90. Your shims are off in the mail!!! Post when it shows up.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: Crash7772

OE Evader diff 26.6mm $3.29
B2 diff 26.99mm (according to LUG's link) $2.39
Robinson Racing hard aluminum XXX-T diff 28mm $16.29
Nitro Evader aluminum diff 28.5mm $16.99

Guess when I get a few I will have to check how much clearance there is between the OE gear and case.
So the inside of the Evader ST case is 27.47mm, I feel there is room to allow the XXX-T diff with some work but also feel this would weaken the case and probably make the gear mesh to tight as well. So my plans are to run the EXT steel idler, B2 diff swap, and B4 slipper mod. I thought about the Evader brushless swap but am not a fan of "spider gears" and I would have to buy/build all parts to build a complete trans as I have the ST.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
DieHarder

What's wrong with spider gears? There good to me. If the shims are the right thickness, then neither the bevels or the spiders should strip out.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh fer cryin' out loud!  NOW I see what you've been talking about DieHard.  Fekking DuraTrax drops the ball again.... They finally get us the diffs, but get 'em UN ASSEMBLED? Lame.  And not only that, wrong or missing parts?  Bra VO !  See guys? THIS is what happens when companies outsource their manufacturing.  YOU don;t have a job, and we get crap like this from China. (And THEY get rich) Remember this kind of stuff when you're old enough to vote.

Guess I was lucky to get one of the last actually assembled ones. 

BTW  I'm 53.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 AM
DieHarder

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

BTW I'm 53.
Yeah, you were. Took my from march to the end of August to finish my diff. The main reason was waiting for parts. I blew the whole rc season with my car out of commission.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Crash7772

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

Oh fer cryin' out loud! NOW I see what you've been talking about DieHard. Fekking DuraTrax drops the ball again.... They finally get us the diffs, but get 'em UN ASSEMBLED? Lame. And not only that, wrong or missing parts? Bra VO ! See guys? THIS is what happens when companies outsource their manufacturing. YOU don;t have a job, and we get crap like this from China. (And THEY get rich) Remember this kind of stuff when you're old enough to vote.

BTW I'm 53.
Plenty old enough to vote and have lost several jobs to outsourcing..... Plus with what I'm planning on doing IDK if the spider gears will hold up (not to mention parts are a issue with the brushless gearbox).....that's a lot of moving parts and drag for speed runs plus I want more of a posi rear and with a ball diff I can adjust it.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
egbasher

Pretty cheesy on DTX's part, if you ask me. Sell an "assembled" diff unassembled and then include a wrong part. EXT2Rob is right. DTX gets profits and we get screwed.

BUT, maybe DTX has had a change of heart. I just ordered a metal diff from Tower and it can assembled! I'm going to take it apart and do what EXT2Rob said about the screws and grease. While i'm in there I'll compare the parts list to what was in the unassembled bag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.