Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 AM
YPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Howzit Bearcave.........

IMO...LOL

The 2000kv/3s combo compared to the 3900kv/2s combo has better power and run time - HOWEVER - I reckon the 2s set up is the better Bang for $ set up.

The motor is cheaper - the 2s batteries are about $15 cheaper than 3s - so the initial set up cost is less - the battery investment is less - the overall maintenance cost is less.
I also feel that a 27mm prop diameter, run with the 2s, is better suited for a narrow 160mm wide hull - a 30mm diameter prop, suited for a 3s, will have far more torque rotation, rocking the hull. The 2s batts are lighter -achieving better forward CG - less hop.

I run the 2s set up in my board #3......... average 15 minutes run time......good speed and power.....BUT.....keep it under 2kg's - 1850 grams is spot on.

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
surfcurls
Banned

MJ, Thanks for the offer I appreciate it !

YPC

Sorry you don't approve of my video in which my daughter (12 years old) at the time shot and edited.
If you look at Jimi's pictures on this forum, Most of them were of one of my builds for Jimi.
I think he actually bought Two builds from me. SO You Have Seen My Builds in action within these pages
You just didn't realize it..

Sorry I don't "FOCUS" on Filming when I'm out at the beach.
Unlike you, I have already Established my Business, And I don't worry about trying to convince
anyone to Buy my products thru fancy videos...

You Failed to mention the other videos and Pix you saw on my web site which Clearly
shows how well My Boards Perform.

Sorry, But I don't have permission to Give out Customer information.
Maybe they will "register" with Your Beach Patrol If they can afford the registration Fee$

You really seem to be wanting to make arguments, More than sharing the stoke ?
Sorry Dom, you don't own the "Keys to the Kingdumb"

And whats up with all the "challenges" lately ?
You were not being attacked, but seem to be going on the attack ever since Kite made an opinion...

ORIGINAL: YPC
But KITE....I feel compelled to challenge

[b]Curls..Here is a challenge...
Here is some video of me and my board at Bro Down #2
that you didn't sea, It's part of our top secret agent club.
Video Credit: Kite - Thanks Tom

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gkLKSQBlHM[/youtube]
Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Hughengland

Everyone Clam Down ......please

Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hughengland

Everyone Clam Down ......please

Seconded
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Hugh,

It's all good. BUT when Some of us Spent 4-5 Years on this Forum DAILY (Surfcurls & Maui Crew Started on page 6 or so and now on pg 223)
and a new member of the Rc Surfer Family comes in, wants to rule the castle (in which there is not one), Talks of making things AAA and with price points on DAY ONE
is not giving respect where it is truly due... As Surfers, Respect is THE golden rule in and out of the water, regardless of a plaque that spells it out. It comes from within.

A Euphoric Comment about a Shredding "Bad Apple" (The MJ Board Kite Bought after Bro #1 or #2) Seems to be spoiling the bunch ...

YPC
As Far As Video Footage on any Rc surfer - Here's a tip:
A crappy video does not = a crappy rc surfer
An Awesome video does not = an Awesome Rc Surfer
But Awesome Video & Awesome Rc Surfer are Coming sooner than you think ...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
kitekook

SurfCurls
Old 10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM
kitekook

Where did this one come from?
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM
kitekook

Old 10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
kitekook

My favorite image of Curlz Rc Surfing

I had not yet met him personally...I had seen his picture, so I knew what he looked like

He came around the corner, with fire in his eyes, all stoked to get in the water...( I had a long telephoto lens...I saw all this)

immediately approached by three people (like they ran towards him)....all with problems

he didn't even flinch...putting down his gear...he helped them all...THEN he went Surfing.

RESPECT.

That was when I decided to include Surfcurls.com on my calling cards...I knew then that John would take care of anyone who came his way.

That cat on the left (#1873)...Bad Billy...knows more about Rc Surfing than all of us put together...Hall of Fame material.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM
kitekook

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr61hDmUUio&feature[/youtube]

Thought you might enjoy this 'lost' footage...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Hughengland

Hugh's mistake - what I really meant is............

Everyone CALM down...........please

now I feel betta
Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 PM
YPC

Curls.....whats wrong with sharing 'my opinion'......somehow you feel you can deliver your twisted comments.....without others having a fair response.....

Its not Kyosho, It's The NQD, Which is The Model YPC is going to Modify.

Dom might end up liking the way the NQD Mod surfs better than the "Bro" 1 X 1 Model he spent all the time "perfecting"
and Ironically Come to the conclusion that it would have been easier to Simply Buy one, Mod it and be done with it ...

Statements like the above are a reflection of your inability to judge one boards performance to the next......Its not about how much profit is in it........it about how well it performs.......

If you want me to shut up.....get off my back !....

-RESPECT...where I come from is 'earned' not 'expected.....as I said before - 20 years of doing the same thing over and over, is not 20 years of experience - its simply 20 X 1 year experience.

-As for action STILL photos -"riveting to say the least Kite" - a mere moment in time - perhaps even great to look at for some - but simply not a true reflection of performance or the actual event...

-As for JIMI's boards ability.......if you go back and read the thread again, you will see that JIMI added MUCH to the boards he received from you, to make them what they are...
If anyone has added value to the 'upgrades of production boards'..........I think JIMI deserves the credit......

-As for the actual video.......the editing was great, well done to your daughter........its the content that did not impress me........

-As for your board coming out soon..........here is the meaning of soon, just to ensure you are on track.

- As for so much of the in-house patronizing that goes down in this forum....... simply entertaining ..............12 ft face = perhaps 6.ft at best.....maybe it was viewed on a Widescreen..........

soon (sn)
adv. soon·er, soon·est
1. In the near future; shortly.
2. Without hesitation; promptly: came as soon as possible.
3. Before the usual or appointed time; early.
4. With willingness; readily: I'd as soon leave right now.
5. Obsolete Immediately.

When is the 'next '...............Bro Down ?

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

PS - Kite - you should be working in the 'run up' as a Nominee PR agent........you do a great job.......

Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM
YPC

Kite....was that video a 'Bench Mark' example of a 'classic board' or a 'classic wave'......do you suppose any of the many 'other ******** boards would have been capable of such an awesome barrel ride?

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok - so the ask nice approach did not work!

To all those who have to watch grown men argue - my apologies. As your all aware, this forum is not for the discussion of business, politics, feuds, or arguments.

RCU Rule #1 -
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

If you have nothing constructive to say - you might think twice about sharing it here. I don't expect this to be the end of the feuding - but it is the end of the feuding here. I will delete ANYTHING I interpret as inappropriate.

As always - I welcome (and thank) members who share pictures, videos, ideas, information or anything else related to the positive advancement of this hobby.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 AM
kitekook

Kite....was that video a 'Bench Mark' example of a 'classic board' or a 'classic wave'......do you suppose any of the many 'other ******** boards would have been capable of such an awesome barrel ride?

Bro ********. ...
Share the STOKE !

Nah...Like the caption says...It was lost footage....I wanted to share with all...not every post is about you or your issues I remember a former member that thought the same way...it became more peaceful after he tired here.

I have seen video of Rob Machado riding an Alaia beautifully...a piece of plywood for Pete's sake!
So, I am pretty sure it's not the board that makes the ride...it is all happening at the Radio....and with a lot of help from the Ocean.

And I am sure every ******** DREAMS of such a ride! I know I do.

Keep up the good work; and hopefully, some day, you will share some of that large Surf SA is so famous for.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 AM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howzit....I gotta say guys, I've been interested in rc surfing for a while, but everytime I visit this thread, it seems like the same thing is happening.

Petty arguments....

And then I go away again hoping that next time I return, it will all go away and I can learn something....seems like some people are more interested in selling and promoting their products and god forbid anyone from saying they like anyone else's.

Casey
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 AM
redeyejedi

just a thought, but could installing a small one way air valve and slightly pressurizing hull compartment, could that, theoretically alleviate possible water intrusion? or to detect location of leaks?

build still in progress:

Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM
surfcurls
Banned

Red
An easy solution with the Kyosho is to get a better deck seal. The stock one was a flaw from the start ....

Kite
Thanks for the Memories !

Dom
Sorry but we can't talk Business on this forum.
Email me if you need further info...

Hugh
LOL

Just add water
Respect

Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 PM
redeyejedi

curlz:
would door/window weather stripping work better?

initial rough sand.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:20 PM
powerpark
My Feedback: (1)

Very cool ! Get the seal from surfcurls. He has good stuff.

Ahhh seeing the top of the board brings back the memory using the o ring tool around the Dudes feet to the board , That was a pain. LOL.

Your almost there!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.