Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark electronics TK20

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 AM
sgn0921

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

ORIGINAL: tomhugill

An email to Clark might be more constructive than a quasi rant on here!
you got his Email adress then

Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread....looks like Clark is on track to having a good product and it seems like they are willing to stand behind it and thats more than I can say aboutseveral vender's in this hobby.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Ten41

ORIGINAL: sgn0921

You should be able to use the link provided on the Contact Page of their website; [email protected]

Have you tried that one yet?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: mustclime

Great thread....looks like Clark is on track to having a good product and it seems like they are willing to stand behind it and thats more than I can say aboutseveral vender's in this hobby.
So far, if current improvements succeeded in doing what we hoped they will, while other newer issues are not encountered, & if Clark continues along a path where the issues encountered are handled appropriately ... then what you say could certainly be the case. I just hope the few bumps & the obvious initial hammering Clark received for these couple issues don't discourage him to a point where he feels it isn't worth the effort anymore, causing him to stop standing behind it, & just walk away. Right now it seems like he is up to the task in taking the criticism & making the necessary changes, at least when it's offered to him in a respectful manner. Right now Clark is doing what any well meaning businessman would do if he wants to have a successful product, an increase in sales, & repeat business.

I agree with what Dan has said for a while now, even with having encountered these same bumps in the road with the boards myself. The Clark TK20 board really has the potential to be a great product & possible game changer in a low cost but fully featured all in one tank electronic replacement board if it will deliver the functionality that it is listed to be able to deliver. For the next few weeks, I know I'm going to experience some great anticipation, along with a lot of anxiety, while waiting for my new TK20E boards to arrive.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Hey Clark where do I send this deleted text back to,to get you to upgrade it to the latest specifications and then send it back to me at your cost, I was going to order more but as they are still under develope ment I will not bother untill they have been sorted out also I was going to order the TV remote r as well when I sent the board back for upgrading,also I want the silly little plug with wires so that I can install an IR LED in my tank
I agree with tomhugill, because as far as I know, Clark either isn't a member on this forum, or at least doesn't frequent this forum, so demands made at him directly would be hugely wasted anyway.

Besides, to get what you want is right out there on Clark's own website over at Clark Model.com, with the contact info & and an online ordering page showing prices & part numbers for anything else, like that silly little plug, you think you might need to order for the board.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 PM
sgn0921

ok

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
DirtyBird69

when are the new boards suppose to be out?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Easy to get the most up to date info about availability right from the source on Clark's website ... one reason to check there anyway, is you could blink & the whole schedule could be different because of how fast changes have been happening lately!

Version information

Part Number[/b]

Application[/b]

Release Schedule

TK20-T-German

German tank version( Base on Tiger I )

End of Production, replaced by TK20

TK20-T1(German)

TK20E-T1

German tank version( Base on Tiger I )

Released

TK20-T55

TK20E-T55

Russia T-55 tank

Released

TK20-US

TK20E-US

US tank Version, Based on M4

Available by 10/31/2012

TK20-RU

TK20E-RU

Russia Tank Version, Based on T-34

2012/11/15

TK20-99

TK20E-99

China ZTZ-99 MBT

2012/12/1

TK20 ECN( Engineering change notice)

Batch

Notice/Change/New Features

Release Schedule

1st

-Initial Production

Sold Out

2nd

-TK20-T and TK20-H are unified as TK-20, Main Gun Function Mode function is added for configuration,

-Brightness of battle unit flash is increased,

-Mobility damage simulation function is incorporated,

-Speed reduction in damage state andSpeed reduction in badly damaged state function are added for damage simulation fine tuning,

-LED main gun flasher Port(J3) is added( with cost up by 1 USD) and flash time is also tuned.

-Receive IR code format can be set by Receive TAMIYA IR code and Receive HL IR code

-New T-55 sound version is available,

-IR battle data Preset date for HL is corrected,

-Save current setting to PRESET 3 function is removed,

Sold Out,

-Start to ship by 10/19/2012

3rd

-TK20-US and TK20E-US are available from this batch.

-TK20E version can be order from this batch

Sold Out,

Start to ship by 10/31/2012

4th

-TK20-RU and TK20E-RU are available from this batch.

-Now opened for preorder.

Available by 11/15/2012

~ Craig ~

Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What does it mean "-IR battle data Preset date for HL is corrected" under 2nd batch? Does it refer to the battle damage?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: borealis

What does it mean "-IR battle data Preset date for HL is corrected" under 2nd batch? Does it refer to the battle damage?
Well, sometimes it's easy to confuse things with how the terminology is used within Clark's charts & descriptions, but I imagine that reference in the ECN section refers to the area from the TK20 programming charts shown below. I would assume there was an update to the function, & by the looks of it, most likely the Invulnerability time was altered from what-ever it was previously, to the 10 seconds it is now:

IR Battle Data Preset: press "MTS" or "A/B" Key on TV remote to select

HL tank

Reload Time = 3 seconds,

Invulnerability time = 10 seconds(Note1)

Max. hit can take = 5 hits,

Note1: Reference setting for HL Tank

~ Craig ~

Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

anyone get their board in yet still waiting for mine seem to be getting the run around yes it's sent then i have a tracking number that don't work they say part of it has to come off i was like WHAT? so seems to be a big pain in the you know what to even get a straight answer i don't know if i have one on the way or what
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Huge post! Ok, forgive me for not finding it but.. will this unit work with the Asiatam recoil / elevation unit (DC motor and 1 limit switch hookup), and what are we looking at for programming ability?

This seems exciting!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey strato, most people who have the asiatam recoil have adapted it to use a servo so you can use the real recoil function. Seems to be a fair easy alteration, just need a cheap analogue servo
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 AM
sgn0921

here is what I did to my Asiatam recoil unit, I removed the recoil gear and used a Futaba s3003 analogue servo to recoil the main gun

just waiting for Clark to send the board back after upgrading it
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That seems like a cool mod. Is it that you cannot use the Asiatam recoil as it, or more that it's better with a servo? I like the functionality of the asiatam unit with the SLU, very realistic (snaps back, gradual extension), but I like this board's potential.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:41 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: Airbrushler

anyone get their board in yet still waiting for mine seem to be getting the run around yes it's sent then i have a tracking number that don't work they say part of it has to come off i was like WHAT? so seems to be a big pain in the you know what to even get a straight answer i don't know if i have one on the way or what
From experience receiving packages here in the US, the tracking system for packages coming from China can be a mess anyway, even when the tracking number actually works.

For one out of three packages from Clark, all the tracking number ever came up with was this info on my USPS website:
"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."
That package took 2 weeks from day of supposed shipment, to the day it arrived at my door, but I could never track it. So even though the USPS never showed any tracking data, the package had been sent & was eventually delivered.

Even on the 2 packages where some tracking info was available, it started out with only showing this info on the USPS website ...
"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"
... until the package actually landed here in the US & was scanned by our customs, & that took at least 4 days from the day Clark supposedly shipped them. So for the first 4 days it looked as if nothing was actually shipped at all, even though it obviously had to have been shipped. Then I finally could see some tracking info as it passed through customs in New York (which customs then took about 7 days for some reason to pass it through), then another 3 or so days to finally get to me. In total about 2 weeks shipping time from day shipped to the day I received any of my packages at my door.

So if you had ordered & were supposed to receive a board from the 2nd batch, you might have received an initial tracking number for a package that was never originally sent on time because Clark had held the shipments to replace the IR driver on all 2nd batch boards. The 2nd batch boards were not sent out until October 19th or 20th from what his website had listed on it as a shipping date (that status for 2nd batch has now been updated to "delivered"). I would hope this is the reason you probably have not received your package yet. Not sure if new tracking numbers would have been issued at the time the 2nd batch was finally shipped, or if they were not updated before being sent. Either way, it could take 2 weeks or more from that 19th or 20th actual shipping date before you get your package now.

~ Craig ~
Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

I've been getting sidetracked on another project using the 1st batch TK20T boards I decided to keep, rather than return, which I'll post a new thread documenting it sometime in the upcoming weeks. But in the meantime, has anyone received one of the latest TK20E boards with the updated IR, & have been able to do a range test with it yet & share the experience?

I'm anxious & curious to find out how well or poor the performance of the IR will be now ... because my new TK20E boards have just been sent on their way, & it may be several weeks before I get the chance to actually install & test them thoroughly.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Well, Clark put up a newer short video to demonstrate sound effects for the TK20E-RU board expected to be released this coming week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPXS3Ba9vM[/youtube]

~ Craig ~
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM
DirtyBird69

What kind of apple/combat system will work with the Clark board?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 AM
tomhugill

Tamiya apple
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

What kind of apple/combat system will work with the Clark board?
A Tamiya apple, most likely any Tamiya compatible apple (like those from Impact) too, as well as the Heng Long apple. Just make sure the wiring of the apple pins to the board's CN2 port +,-,SIG, are all done correctly by how Clark shows the TK20 CN2 port pinout in his website diagram.

I presume the caveats to using the Heng Long apple would be that you will have to add hit indicator LEDs, & it's possible (probable?) the distance (sensitivity) of IR detection will be lessened.

~ Craig ~

Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I see that Clark has terminated the TK30

Cheers
Wade
Old 10-29-2012, 08:49 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. I noticed that too.........................
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 AM
tomhugill

Could be that with the tk-20 going well he's concentrating on that for the time being.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:13 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see Clark is now doing a side by side comparison to the the DBC 2/3.

I have emailed him to let him know he got a couple of things wrong in this comparison.

For the record.

The DBC does remove the recoil jerk

The DBC has momentum

THe DBC is no harder to install then a Clark board, and in fact is simplier from the last Clark board I got. I did receive the new Clark T-55 board today, so I will do some testing. With the CLark board I had to crack open the soldering iron. With a DBC I don't , so I am not sure how that makes the DBC installation more complicated then the the Clark as he has stated?

Regardless I am happy with all comparisons to any system as long as they are truthful and accurate. New Pricing, RTR, with a couple of different sound options and tried and tested compatiblity with the Tamiiya system, makes the DBC very attractive to all other options.When the Clark board was introduced I was just about ready to fold the tent. But I believe David and I have worked together to get a lower purchase price for RTR boards, and the ability to seemlessly work with the Benedini TBS still makes the DBC an attractive option.

So I am somewhat happy to see the DBC make the grade to be compared against. I just wish he was a little more accurate in the facts he is presenting. Hopefully he will correct the misinformation

As these new Clark boards arrive, people will be able to check out the IR system, and see if it makes the grade on the battle field with range capability etc. Not that the DBC is perfect either in that it's range is not quite as good as the Tamiya, but we are only talking a couple of metres with equal IR LEDs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.