Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Balsa USA Ercoupe

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Balsa USA Ercoupe

Old 10-18-2012, 09:40 AM
welder101
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA Ercoupe

Hello everyone,

Looking for some input on this kit. I have a fellow club member that is offering this kit to me and I would like to how the difficult it is to build. I have built a couple of kits, but this thing is huge. Another question is how well does it fly? Thanks for any input that anyone has.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Balsa USA Ercoupe

I have not built it but BUSA usually creates rounded fuselages buy building the basic box with former and stringer around the outside which is fairly simple. Don't know about flying qualities.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search here on RCU for an Ercoupe build thread. Pretty sure I have seen at least 2 over the years. You can see and read as it was being built and determine if it is the plane for you.

Don
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
GAP-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A ton of pictures at this webpage (I found by chance with google); just do a quick scroll down through this page, and you'll know if this project is for you in about 30 seconds!

http://www.dream-rc-airplanes.com/ercoupejim.html