Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HOBBYKING - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I dont think its right for one RC Dealer to be allowed to come on hear and Slam another RC Dealer. Why is this being allowed?

Marc s, If your looking for someone to blame. Blame the shipping company or Prodesign that packed the box. I dont think HK smashed your kit up and then put it in the box.

I like so many other thousands are in this hobby today because HK made it affordable for us to do. If it wernt for HK we would all still be paying $125 for a 3s 2200 lipo, for one very tiny example.

LONG LIVE THE KING!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was already. I knew it might happen and it did. I didn't go into it blind. How could you? There are 20 posts a minute on HK. Unlike some people on here I knew the risks and was willing to take that route.

ORIGINAL: rrragmanliam

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete
I know I won't get any customer support from them. I know if I receive something and it doesn't work I won't get my money back. I go into it with this knowledge. And I've been pleasantly surprised.
And someday you will be unpleasantly burned.

To the moderator j.dunker : here's an entire thread regarding Hobby Kings pis poor customer service. I'm surprised you haven't locked it out for ''MFG Bashing''

rrragman

Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Agree. I'd like to know how many of the people with bad HK experience are Hobby Shop owners or employees.
Certain things I would not buy from HK, but batteries, escs, electric motors and the little things are just great.
A fuel tank for less then $2, the LHS wants $8 for the very same thing.

I have had some bad parts from HK, but they were cheap enough I'd just throw them away.
No, the quality is not 'top notch' but good enough for most purposes.
Oh, I got one cheap foamy from HK, arrived in perfect shape, pain $40 - rx ready. I am not into foamys, just needed soemthig to put a camera on. And it works great.
I flew that little thing today in 15 mph wind.

But I would not buy anything expensive there, maybe if it comes from the US warehouse and it has spotless reviews.
To each his own. Our LHS is about 50 miles away, and always out of one of the things I need.

Online shopping is cheap and convenient.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few of us at our club have gone so far as to suggest that our LHS stocks up on Hobby King batteries, motors, esc's and such and start re-selling them. I would happily pay $25 for a $15 li-po to support the LHS and not wait for shipping. Our suggestions met with laughter, but the LHS is still claiming poverty.

We all know the LHS's are hurting with all the direct-from-China stuff...why not just ride the wave?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

A few of us at our club have gone so far as to suggest that our LHS stocks up on Hobby King batteries, motors, esc's and such and start re-selling them. I would happily pay $25 for a $15 li-po to support the LHS and not wait for shipping. Our suggestions met with laughter, but the LHS is still claiming poverty.

We all know the LHS's are hurting with all the direct-from-China stuff...why not just ride the wave?
Because all any of the local business owners seem to do able to do is cry and complain. I had NO issues with our local hobby shop rebranding the HK batteries as thier own. I DID have issues with the fact they tried to jack the price 4X higher than what they cost at HK themselves. And when I presented the unwrapped pack to them (with Turnigy under thier own covering clear as day) holy god did I get the "CRY CRY CRY CRY" from the owner.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

Because all any of the local business owners seem to do able to do is cry and complain. I had NO issues with our local hobby shop rebranding the HK batteries as thier own. I DID have issues with the fact they tried to jack the price 4X higher than what they cost at HK themselves. And when I presented the unwrapped pack to them (with Turnigy under thier own covering clear as day) holy god did I get the ''CRY CRY CRY CRY'' from the owner.

Yup! Ive even cought the LHS selling 4000mah packs labeled as 4500mah packs
Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: marc s

If anyone has a number that actually gets through to customer services at Hobbyking I would be very greatful indeed, any guidance as to how to sort this will also be appreciated.

marcs
Isn't that synonomous witha pleasant smelling flatulence?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
VicPr
Banned

ORIGINAL: skippy7399

Buy local, buy happy!
The Hobby King outlet in the UK employing local people is 2 miles from me so isn't that buying local
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM
VicPr
Banned

I have the HK Viper, Hawk, Mig 15 and L59 all in the 90 mm fan size. and all are very good quality indeed. The problem HK has generally is that the packing on these models is poor and they suffer in transit, Also the customer service from China is very poor. Speaking face to face with HK's owners this is the reason HK set up in the UK and so far it is proving to be very good.

for information Mr Hand Snr in now in Brazil setting up an outlet there I understand.

Also Hobby King will get a lot of people into the hobby cheaply and once hooked I am sure many other shops will benifit from sales to a new flyer
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
sj3cub
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Vettster

I like so many other thousands are in this hobby today because HK made it affordable for us to do. If it wernt for HK we would all still be paying $125 for a 3s 2200 lipo, for one very tiny example.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

That's about the silliest statement I've read lately. CopyKings have not done squat for me personally, and I pray they never do. What a joke of a so called company.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 PM
VicPr
Banned

ORIGINAL: sj3cub

LONG LIVE THE KING!

That's about the silliest statement I've read lately. CopyKings have not done squat for me personally, and I pray they never do. What a joke of a so called company.
I sort of think the top post quoted above is more accurate and yours is the joke
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
marc s

'Cutting off your nose to spite your face'
Yes surprisingly I have - fortunately there are plenty of other places where I can find what I need, and Hobbyking aint one of them.

I dont think its right for one RC Dealer to be allowed to come on hear and Slam another RC Dealer. Why is this being allowed?
I posted after 5 months of being patient and trying the route Hobbyking suggested - now its about making others aware (again) and asking for help which I have had from a friend and member on this forum (JS). Hopefully in a short while it will be sorted.

I didn't go into it blind. How could you?
Hoping that one purchase might not become a problem - at least its not a turbine eh!

If your looking for someone to blame. Blame the shipping company or Prodesign that packed the box. I dont think HK smashed your kit up and then put it in the box.
I do blame Hobbyking, they are the company who I paid and bought the goods from and as such they are responsible, if they use third parties to do packing and delivery then its up to them to make sure they deliver a proper service. I am surprised at your comment to tell the truth.

I am happy some believe the HK thing is good for the hobby, and thats all fine, for me its not been and forums like this can help solve issues, trigger responses, deliver info that leads to a resolution - and sometimes even improve customer or product services from the companies who trigger these threads.

marcs

Old 10-22-2012, 03:56 AM
downunderdog

Just to add my .02 cents... Hobbyking has been great for me. Overall I've saved a lot of money by shopping there. I've been a little disappointed by the quality of a few things I've bought there, but overall when considering some of the great things I've gotten at 1/4 the price they would have been at a LHS I've come out way ahead compared to if I had always bought locally. I wouldn't put a really cheap component from them into a really high end plane or heli, but for everyday stuff that generally crashes more often by pilot error than by equipment failure I find them to be the best trade off between price and consistency. The WORST, for me, is spending big bucks at a LHS or at a "non-discount" online shop and having what I bought there be worse than what I would have gotten from HK for 1/4 the price. Best example: HXT 900 servos
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I see on their front page HK is hiring for their "customer service department" ! Yikes, talk about a revolving door.
I've ordered three times from them but never spent more than I could afford to loose and all of it were things like wire,heat shrink,glue,,etc... but have since found other companies with good CS for things like that. They do have some neat things that no one else has BUT they also have the chicom copies of many items. Not clones but the copies . They also have gray market items got through unscrupulous distributors and that really hurts the legit dealers. Some of their Turnigy lipos are good for the price so I'll give them that.
They don't care about loosing a customer after they have their money as they think there is one or two behind them waiting to take their place. That logic works for awhile but eventually they will not get as much repeat business.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Marc s, If your looking for someone to blame. Blame the shipping company or Prodesign that packed the box. I dont think HK smashed your kit up and then put it in the box.

LONG LIVE THE KING!
I told you so....you can't comment on HK's crummy service without being attacked by the HK apologists. It's not HK's fault, it's yours.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: VicPr

Have you ever heard the old saying 'Cutting off your nose to spite your face'

Lots of very good things at hobby king at very reasonable prices

I know, life will be immpossible for Marc now. What will he do?
"Lots of good things at Hobby King". So you will be able to give us a for instance then......?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Resist the Troll's John!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 AM
RCUFan

ORIGINAL: VicPr

ORIGINAL: sj3cub

LONG LIVE THE KING!

I sort of think the top post quoted above is more accurate and yours is the joke
So Dennis Bigplumbs, your up to the usual bigplumbs retorical posts. didnt take long ah.............
Old 10-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Bill G

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Well, it is like the dollar store, you get what you pay for.[:@].
If you want good stuff there is tower, chief, horizon. But if you are cheap, you are going to get cheap.
Don't expect good stuff for $1
My local Dollar store also has cheap stuff and doesn't warrant it either, but...

they have nice people working there.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Bill G

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

Well, it is like the dollar store, you get what you pay for.[:@].
If you want good stuff there is tower, chief, horizon. But if you are cheap, you are going to get cheap.
Don't expect good stuff for $1
My local Dollar store also has cheap stuff and doesn't warrant it either, but...

they have nice people working there.

Dollar stores like HK have their place

Batteries may be one of the biggest benefits in dealing with HK. You can buy a huge slab of them and just throw the bad ones away and you have still saved humongo amount of coin. I don't use HK batts but I know many guys that do.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Order #89 is in the mail. Never a problem, never a bad product. NO, I'm not a shill. Like you, I realize most of our hobby products are coming from China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia ... and HK eliminates the company in the middle so the prices are lower a lot lower sometimes. I do like Tower, Hangar 9, Hobby People, Hobby Lobby, etc. They compete on a lot of items. I buy from them when the deal is right.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

The new Turnigy Nano techs are fantastic value for money for a excellent battery, ideal actually for kero start turbines due to the low voltage drop and much better than the one supplied by jetcat as I discovered myself recently.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:07 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old sayings.

To good to be true.

I bought an item, via email was told a new one is on it's way in order to send please stop te dispute at PP?

I am not upset I had to spend a few dollars, and corrective part will be in hand, for my fix. Lession learned. How our life evolves around the world we made.

just goes to show ya no complaints here just careful how you shop
Old 10-22-2012, 07:27 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline.
The above is from our rules on posting.

I have been monitoring this thread since it's inception and have let it run with only a couple of minor edits as I believe it is within the spirit of the above rule.

HOWEVER one or two recent posts have been close to the edge though and could I ask posters to count to 10 and THINK before posting that sharp rejoinder.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Joe 1320

ORIGINAL: marc s

If anyone has a number that actually gets through to customer services at Hobbyking I would be very greatful indeed, any guidance as to how to sort this will also be appreciated.

These guys are the lowest, how anyone can do business like this is beyond me - AND THEY ARE ABOUT TO SELL TURBINES - GOD HELP US!

marcs
Good luck with that one. Their customer service via phone was ditched a long time ago, pretty evident they do not want to talk with a customer. i had to file paypal claims a couple of times for various reasons. Those times i gave HK the benefit of the doubt for extended periods of time, I let weeks worth of communications go on until I finally had to file. heck, they wouldn't even refund me for an order that was never shipped and in stock, it took paypal to make it right..... it was never done from HK itself. Speaking from personal experience, here are some valuable tips:

1. Put your flame suit on. You're going to get HK lovers that will voice their opinion that you expect too much, that you should stick with the correct channels for customer service and in 6 months you might get the issue solved, some will attempt to discredit you by saying you aren't a legit customer, some will say "I've got a billion orders and never any problems", and the list goes on from there. Ignore all that crud and stick to the mission at hand (no pun intended).

2. Once you fill out the customer service ticket and proceed to jump though their hoops, at some point it will probably become evident that you're getting the brush off. make sure you document all your efforts and copy communications.

3. File a paypal dispute if you paid via paypal and do so prior to the 45 day limit for filing. If you paid via Credit Card, file a report with them. This step at some point will be the critical line of defence as regular types of communication with HK usually results in getting blown off.

4. Once you file a dispute, be prepared that you will now get the attention of HK and expect them to dig their heels in and attempt to get you to drop the dispute or they will do nothing. ( Like they were going to do something in the first place..... LMAO). Do not drop the dispute and that message comes from paypal as well. Once you drop the dispute you cannot refile. Paypal will get the ball rolling and get resolution. You may have to ship the entire thing back, but the key here is that paypal will fight for you as long as you do your part. Without paypal or a credit card company for leverage, doubtful you will ever see a resolution. Sorry, but those are the facts. now if you are on HK's payroll, you might get something in reasonable time. If you live in fantasyland, you might have perfect orders every time.

Now I just say no to HK, most of their products are available elsewhere for similar money if you are diligent in searching. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.