Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Any gun guys out there? Use Break-Free CLP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 AM
NCWalrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any gun guys out there? Use Break-Free CLP?

I'm new to RC but big into shooting sports (mostly handguns).

Are any of you familiar with the product Break-Free CLP? This is the only product I use when cleaning my Glock and Sig. It cleans lubricates and protects - hence "CLP".

I just cleaned my entire RC car last night with WD40 and it left the whole car greasy and seems like its going to be a dirt magnet. CLP leaves a durable coating behind, not grease.

Have any of you tried this or have any recommendations when trying something like this out on the whole car?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 AM
johndavis

Default RE: Any gun guys out there? Use Break-Free CLP?

if there is any type of residue left it will be a dirt magnet. break free is a good cleaner and lubricant. but it will leave a residue. even some brake parts cleaner leaves a residue. best thing ive heard of is contact cleaner but it is expensive to use for rc cars. i clean mine with mean green and water. i take out the electronics and engine and servo's

Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check out dry silicon lube... dirt does not stick to that. thats why its used on garage door slides
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used Break free on my handguns but I'm not a fan. I became a Froglube guy after using it a few time on a Sig. I now use it on all of the metal parts of of my RC's with the exception of the bearings. It stays where you put it and soaks so there''s nothing for dirt to stick too. I started using it on my Slash 2wd that I use to run in snow. It's nice when you don't have worry about anything rusting. 5 yrs of running in snow and slop and all the metal looks like new.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
FahrtAutoRC

You own a Glock, I cannot speak with you
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
NCWalrus

I will not speak to RCs

But if you are a gun guy and don't have at least one Glock there is something wrong.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: NCWalrus

I will not speak to RCs

But if you are a gun guy and don't have at least one Glock there is something wrong.

I've owned two a 19 and a 27. I can't really say anything bad about them other than the way they felt. There's something odd about the grip or the angle of the grip that just doesn't fit well in my hand. Basically they never pointed naturally for me so I eventually got rid of both. The trigger safety was also an annoying sticking point for me. Never saw the point and didn't care for how it felt.

Switched to Sig's and never looked back. I'll agree that everyone should shoot a Glock and if it fits you and feel natural then by all means go for it.