Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

S.T. GS45 Cylinder sleeve Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 PM
jag215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.T. GS45 Cylinder sleeve Question?

I have a S.T.GS-45 that had a leaking head gasket. I ordered and replaced the gasket, while I had the head off I pulled the sleeve out to check it out and I put everything back together. At the field this past weekend I went to fly the plane (Kaos 40) and I couldn't get the engine to run. It looks like I am not getting a good prime. My question: Does that cylinder sleeve go in a certain way? It didn't seem to have a notch or key to line it up. Any help appreciated thanks Jag215
Old 10-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: S.T. GS45 Cylinder sleeve Question?

If you examine the ports on the cylinder sleeve, the port that is closest to the cylinder head end is the exhaust port. Just center it in the port in the cylinder casting. Later SuperTigre engines have a notch sawn into the lip at the top of the cylinder liner. This notch points towards the center of the exhaust port of the cylinder casting.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 AM
jag215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: S.T. GS45 Cylinder sleeve Question?

Thanks Big help, I had it in wrong. There is a little indent on top of the sleeve. I will center it with the exhaust port. What do you recommend for leaks where the muffler attaches to the engine? I have a small fuel leak there also. I have spare gaskets, should I replace it or do others just use gasket adhesive? Thanks Jag