Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY "2012"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY "2012"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM
skunkworksrc
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY

dang Ali you flew more at one event than i have all year i think lol anything left you havent flown thats on your list?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 AM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Ali, the thanks goes to you. You are a first class act without a doubt. Your the one that never said no to anyone. It was non stop flying and you always did it with a smile. Sometimes for hours at a time and not even getting a break. We thank YOU for taking your time out to be here and work so hard for everyone there. A HUGE THANK YOU to you my friend!!!! ;-)
Can't wait till the next time.

Lowell
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
JRAC19K
My Feedback: (4)

This was by far the best Jet rally I have attended.  B1-Bob and I had so fun, plans are in the making for next year.  Thanks Ali for helping me trim out the Cougar.  It flew awesome.  Unfortunately I wanted to get one last flight on it but went in due to something electrical.  But I will rebuild.  I have so many photos that I will be posting in the next couple of days.  The two cougars flying in formation was absolutely awesome at one point being 5 feet from each other.  The highlight of the day was seeing Ali trying to cordinate 5 planes in formation.  That was a site to see an I was laughing the whole time.   

B1-Bob finally got home at 6am monday morning but had to hit the road hours later toward Phoenix, AZ to help get the Fly Eagle guys back home.
Last I heard, he is just about there. 
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

well i have been out of the hobby for about a year, and hanging with you guy's for just the short time that i did made me want to buy a jet and come back and fly with the boys.
Its amazing how I can just come in for two short evenings, and still feel like I had a weeks worth of fun...that says a lot about this crew and the buzz that revolves around this event.
Joey (Sauzeech) Castelao is truly amazing for putting on this event ALL BY HIMSELF!!! ok maybe a little help from Nancy, but it was an amazing amount of work so that everyone else can have fun. Great Job Joey. I know how much work these things are (and even more so when you are expecting help from others that dont come through). Go take Nancy on vacation, eat some Ravioli, some Canoli, a few fugetaboutits...and start planning on next year!
Duk thanks for pulling out the Carne' and saving us from the boulder burger, playing the epic mix (even though Euro boy preferres Abba), and hosting the party in your camp.
Ali...as always, you make every event a class act. I only get to see you once a year and we pick up like no time has passed. Thanks for making the trip out here and I cant wait for the next one.
Tam, its been too long...it was great brushing up on my Tamglish and seeing your son outgrow you.
I was pleased to see all the new faces in this hobby having such a good time, and enjoying the antics and comradery that you can only get from the Cali crew. This facet of the hobby is truly growing due to the incredible people that are the support group coming to the events to lend a hand and keeping this fun. It was great to meet some of the new pilots, and I hope to be flying with you real soon.
Thanks again Joey for an amazing event.
Take care,
Dave
Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just cant tell you what a great time BITW 2012 was. I have been to many events and this one was by far the best ever.
Amazing wonders:
(1) Joe and Nancy, unless you have done an event you have NO idea how much work it is. Those two made it look easy.
(2) The BBQ that never ended. Tam, MaGoo, Dougie the bringers of fine fired flesh.
(3) The on site banquet and friday night feed. It was a great idea and worked out perfectly. The food was fantastic.
(4) Alis flying-what can I say- its mesmerizing
(5) The hill climbers furball
(6) The 3 hog flight.
(7) Big Daves on site photography
(8) MEGAMIND Still laughing about that one.
(9) The BARKS volunteers- Todd and the crew worked their collective *****es off and it showed. ZERO PROBLEMS
(10) And the best for last, being able to spend time with friends both old and new.
I am sure I forgot to mention something or someone (sorry) Scotty
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

GGOOOODDD FFFUUUUNN!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

Ali and Joe C. fly Joe's Mibo A-10.

Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrJK3T54Zs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrJK3T54Zs[/youtube]
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: ravill

GGOOOODDD FFFUUUUNN!!!!

Yes it was my friend... Even if your teetan powered Bandito was taken to SCHOOL by a gaggle of ultra flashes!! Ha ha , putt putt putt...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Flynstuff
My Feedback: (29)

That K170 flash was hauling *****
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like to take this time and say thank you to all the pilots who attended Best In The west 2012, The pilots who traveled from China, UK, Mexico, Canada, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and I am sure I missed some, is truly amazing. The pilots who traveled from all over the US to Attend, I cant thank you all enough. The Sponsors, there are so many of them who contributed to the show and shown there support for BITW, a huge thank you to you all, BITW can not run with out your support. For all the Vendors who set up shop, Dreamworks Mobile Products, George who drove that big 48 foot trailer to supply the pilots with any items they may need is greatly appreciated. The BARKS club for hosting the show and worked there butts off to help run the show and it ran smooth. Todd Burley, Mike Valdez, Rick Traini who was in charge of the flight line has done an amazing job and keeping our jets safe and in order. Terry and his crew from BBQ 4 U who provided the excellant food for us all week serving breakfast and lunch, outstanding service, and to Polar Paws who served the Flavored Ices, thank you to you both. A huge thanks to Marshall and Gloria from Bodacious BBQ for providing the food for our Friday night Pilots dinner and for Saturday for our awards dinner, the food was excellant. To David Shoffner and crew from BARKS who set up over 2000 feet of fencing. A big thanks to Dave Magoo, Paul Gaundreau, David Shoffner, and the BARKS Club and Myself who donated funds to the Oil Sand in the tie down area, thank you for your generosity. For anyone who donated to The Make-A-Wish Foundation, thank you. I like to thank Lowell Wexler, Tony Quist and Dave Presta for there help with the show. A special thanks goes to Nancy, nobody knows the amount of work she does for the show behind the scenes and she takes off 2 days from her job to run the registration table for us, I cant thank her enough, I couldnt do it with out her. Best In The West 2012 was a huge success, with 110 registered pilots and could of easily been 125 or more. I cant thank you all enough. 2013 already looks to be even larger from people who have been contacting me already, (Please leave me alone) no J/K. The dates should be October 16th through October 20th, 2013, please mark that down for next years show. I plan to make 2013 even better. Thanks to the Cali Crew who provided there generosity, support, food and hospitality to everyone outside of California and lastly your fantastic flying skills, I think we showed everyone how the Cali Crew does jets events. I would also like to give a big thanks to Paul Reese and Mike Anderson for all there hard work taking video for the show along with Patrick. To David Searls for his superb Photograpghy. One last person I need to thank and that is Ali Machinchy, I beleive everyone will agree that Ali is the Ambassador to our hobby, his non stop flying and helping pilots fly there jets, or maiden there jets, set up there jets, etc, etc is nothing less than spectacular and un selfish, thank you Ali for supporting Best In The west for the last 3 years, I look forward to your return for 2013. If I have missed anyone, etc, etc, I appologize. I look forward to next years show and it will be better than 2012.

Joe Castelao!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM
AFTERBURNER1

+1,,,, Well said J
Old 10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
k_sonn

After being home for a few days and having time to reflect on my BITW experience I have to say it was the most fun I've had in a long time. As a first time attendee and an EDF pilot I really didn't know what to expect. What I quickly found was everyone was very friendly. Never once did I feel like an outsider. It was great hearing the positive comments about my Hunter the times it flew (until the motor gave up the ghost) and answering tons of questions about EDF technology. I had a blast shooting video and spotting for a few guys. There was a lot of awesome jets and a ton of great flying but what I think makes this event special is the friendliness of everybody and the nightly socials at the field. Looking forward to next year.

Kirk
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: quist

UHHHHHH, MEGA

Yes,,,, my big blue head....

Other notables

talking Tom
Ifart
Child plz
She sells sea shells
Etc etc,,,,

The best one liner was given by Suga Ray Olsen... "I USED TO HAVE AN A-10" classic!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Joe C

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

UHHHHHH, MEGA

Yes,,,, my big blue head....

Other notables

talking Tom
Ifart
Child plz
She sells sea shells
Etc etc,,,,

The best one liner was given by Suga Ray Olsen... ''I USED TO HAVE AN A-10'' classic!!!

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yes Douglas, that was classic by Ray Olsen, "I used to have an A-10"
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Now we need to have someone develope a Talking Tam ap.
Friday night was good fun.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

WOW....What an EVENT!
As I sit here, finally back in the office, reflecting (er recovering) on my first California event and our first west coast event for our new Mobile store...... All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Joe, Nancy, Lowell and the BARKS crew really outdid themselves! First class all the way and the flight line ran smooth as silk. Although my thoughts are many, What more can really be said that has not already been stated here numerous times.... !!?? A true PILOTS event with all proceeds going to charity; does not get any better. Hats off to the entire west coast crew; what a blast!
It was great to see some cherished old friends, put faces to customers I speak to on a regular basis and see the vast array of our products being used (and abused )!
The Food, The Friends, The Aircraft and the nightlife.... It doesn't get any better than BITW! We thank you all for supporting Dreamworks Mobile and I look forward to next years event!
Todd
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

This was quite an event. Never been to Buttonwillow before(on the ground) and was quite a sight to see the gleaming white tents from a couple miles away. You knew something special was happening. Thanks to Joe C. and Lowell W. for the signoff. You guys are great. See you next time.
Darren
Old 10-24-2012, 12:43 PM
k_sonn

Jack G. Diaz flying the BVM F-100.

Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LciGL218yf4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LciGL218yf4[/youtube]
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UHHHHHH, MEGA
OHHHH Damn! That is a classic pic that i am sure will re-surface for years to come! Good stuff Tony
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM
k_sonn

Scott Marr's large Tomahawk Futura.

Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABv_K04sFk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABv_K04sFk[/youtube]
Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Joe,
Thanks for securing the dates for next year. After all the work you put into the show the last 10 months you are ready to jump right in and commit to next year. You must bring on an actual assistant CD for next year. We dont want you getting burnt out.

I know you will work to make next year bigger and better than this year. A tall task!! I don't even know how it's possible. I know better than most what you did this year, you deserve all the pats on the back that you are receiving. You and Nancy did a fantastic job.

Most people dont understand how small the BARKS club is. Those few workers that were there did a very good job, Mike and Todd are very smooth with the flightline. The gate workers in the pits made sure that only the tagged people were getting in.

And how about Presta, nobody lights up a room like you. You worked the auction like no other.

It was great hanging out with some of the best pilots around. Attempting to keep up in the hillclimb is easier said than done. It all happens very fast.

Words can't describe how great the night time activity was, so I wont try. Lots of Laughs.

Can't wait until next year, it is on the calander already!!

T
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Joe C

Thank you Todd (Dreamworks) and all the pilots for your kind words, Nancy and I really appreciate it, until next year!!! Joe C!!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Joe C

I knew I forgot someone, One of the nicest guys I know who I hope he comes back to the jet Scene, our Cali Crew member Billy Edwards. Billy and his company Pico Rentals has done a fantastic job setting up the event with all his tents, tables and chairs, the lighting and the turf in the banquet tent. I think Billy and his fabulous crew started at 7am on Tuesday morning and worked until around 7PM. I cant thank him enough for helping me with the set up and giving us the best prices for tent rentals. Billy thank you so much. Joe C!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

You are welcome. I hope to get a jet soon. Anyone looking to trade for a large scale turbine heli ? No seriously

Billy
Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Joe about the setup that Billy's crew did. The banquet tent was off the charts with all that black turf. Very impressive. And very nicely lit inside. Sorry I didn't get to see me some Billy Edwards...as you are truly the bomb shiznizzle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.