Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Odd discovery with my YS1.10FZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Odd discovery with my YS1.10FZ

Greetings,
Just thought I'd share an odd discovery I just had with my YS 1.10FZ. I've been chasing idle issues with this engine since I got it out of storage a couple of weeks ago. Just couldn't seem to get it right......either too rich or too lean....sometimes changing from one to the other on the same day with no needle changes at all! When I was at the field recently, another YS flier asked me if I still had the baffle in the muffler, which I did. He suggested I remove it and see what happens. So, I took the baffle out and hey presto, nice reliable idle. How odd is that? I didn't change anything else.....just took the baffle out and restarted the engine.

Anyway, just thought other 1.10 owners might benefit from this discovery if they've been having idle troubles [8D]
Old 04-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Odd discovery with my YS1.10FZ

I think that's just a coincidence. All of mine run and idle great with or without the baffle.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:45 AM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got 2 .91FZs and these have always run and idled great from new. This 1.10 has always been sensitive at idle, even before it went into storage. I've had 3 runs with it since I took the baffle out and it idles perfectly now.....go figure
Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
thatairplaneguy
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be too old to get a reply but ive had the same idol issiues. I got the engine used but rebuilt but no muffler at all.
Could this be the issiue?
I tried to look up a replacement muffler from Ys but they don't list one. Could I just Goto the hardware store and get a threaded length of pipe/aluminum and screw that in (instead of using the muffler) at the appropriate length?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 PM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: thatairplaneguy

This might be too old to get a reply but ive had the same idol issiues. I got the engine used but rebuilt but no muffler at all.
Could this be the issiue?
I tried to look up a replacement muffler from Ys but they don't list one. Could I just Goto the hardware store and get a threaded length of pipe/aluminum and screw that in (instead of using the muffler) at the appropriate length?
Which engine do you have? Pipe from the hardware store won't likely fit the threads in your YS, they're metric threads, not pipe threads.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

Although there are many suppliers, I'd look up Central Hobbies. They sell a large quantity of YS parts, engines and related stuff, you can call or email them and I'm sure they'll hook you up with what you need, mufflers, headers or whatnot. They're really nice people.

http://www.centralhobbies.com/

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how old the post was, but, whatever!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someplace on RCU or maybe it was RCG, there is a chart that shows the thread sizes for the exhaust for many of the popular 4C engines. If push comes to shove you could order another brand of muffler and head pipe.

ken
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Ernie Misner

I had a YS FZ (newer) 70 that wanted to run rich on the bottom end even when leaning the (air bleed) screw all the way out.

Anyone else?

Thanks, Ernie