Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Frustrated and confused

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Frustrated and confused

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Buckblackhoof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated and confused

In the past few months i have gotten a small collection of R/C helicopters, two of them are the syma s107, and the other is from a local retailer called kopter krazy. amazingly besides for the syma being infared and the other being the old standard control. every thing is exactly the same.

but anyways, i am pretty certain that i am having problems with the gyro's on all of them. the syma has the remote function of adjusting on the controller, and the other is built in and did extreamly well. but now, all of them are acting up, heres what they are doing

the kopter krazy one will fly, and it stays straight but goes around in a circle, its crazy and im not sure why its doing this.

but the syma ones i have, they refuse to lift off, and when i adjust the gyro control to one side, the power on the helicopter turns way down, and when i adjust it the other way, the power on the copter goes up.

after playing with them, im more then certain its the gyro, but i have no idea how to fix this. anyone have any input and possibly a video link on how to fix this?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
rob.rice

Default RE: Frustrated and confused

the first thing I would try is new batteries
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Buckblackhoof

they are all brand new batteries
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buckblackhoof
.... im more then certain its the gyro....
Coaxial helicopters do not require a gyro. Sorry that you fell for this marketing ploy. A gyro is only required when you have a single rotor system with a vertical tail rotor to counteract the torque generated by the single rotor. On coaxial rotors, both rotors generate the exact same amount of torque, so they cancel each other, leaving you with pure lift. If you happen to disturb the balance of the cancelled torque, the helicopter will simply rotate around in place in the direction of the upset rotor.

Making sure that all mechanical areas are free of dust or dirt is a way to start. Also make sure they align properly, they have no end play, and they rotate freely. Sorry I cannot be of anymore help.

Edit: This is how I found out that the Syma S107 is a coaxial helicopter. maybe you should read thru it.
[link]http://syma107.com/[/link]

Rafael