Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
rondondo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Jspeed ur a moron please come to Vegas and let me know where ur staying I personally will come beat you down making comets about my wife ur a childish piece of crap im 6'3" 200lbs and im no couch potato im so sick of u hating on us in here
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
oskygt

Dust in the wind, all you are is dust in the wind......................................., you ain't going to hurt nobody, EVER, so lets get back to the thread and learn how to improve the DM-1, choose the body you like and go for it, enough of the ***** footing around, you hate Jspeed? great good for you, but hate him with a passion and for yourself, let everyone else enjoy this thread.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM
rondondo

Im trying he continued this im done w it and I think its all very foolish
Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 PM
oskygt

Great, now lets all get back to the DM-1, and what makes it such afun car to build, run and hopup.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Brent Davis

Hey guys, dang I never thought this thread would take off like it has. I have enjoyed my DM-1 but am thinking about getting a DM-1 Spec car now. Good luck to all of you out there with your cars and keep us all posted on how well the cars are doing.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

ORIGINAL: rondondo

I wonder if u could do a formula 1 body if u remove bumper?
Here just a quick pick of the possibility for a F1 body. Of course its only cardboard because i just want to give u a quick visual of what that base shape will be (aprat from the nose and front defuiser will be pulled back a inch or two so it will fit about where the stock bumper will).. And A quick pick of the Nascar/Dtm/chevy s10/Completly designed from my head only soo and original desgine.. tell me what u guys think, F1 is in process of shaping and truck needs smoothing/few added shapes including a hood scoop that will have a piece to rivit or 3m double tape to the inside to direct airflow striaght to cooling head..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34586.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1814840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46542.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1814841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36769.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1814842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41749.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1814843  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

I wonder if u could do a formula 1 body if u remove bumper?
Here just a quick pick of the possibility for a F1 body. Of course its only cardboard because i just want to give u a quick visual of what that base shape will be (aprat from the nose and front defuiser will be pulled back a inch or two so it will fit about where the stock bumper will).. And A quick pick of the Nascar/Dtm/chevy s10/Completly designed from my head only soo and original desgine.. tell me what u guys think, F1 is in process of shaping and truck needs smoothing/few added shapes including a hood scoop that will have a piece to rivit or 3m double tape to the inside to direct airflow striaght to cooling head..

wow dude I love the F1 concept..... !!!!! seriously neat idea you have........
Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Thanks supertib,but it was rondondo idea I'll just be the builder. I know it rough looking, Since its cardboard so very boxy bit u get the gist of it. The complete body will be way more curvey and defined, should have a picks up pretty soon of it. I think it will please people I'm pretty excited will completely change the look of the dm1
Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM
rondondo

Thanks supertib,but it was rondondo idea I'll just be the builder. I know it rough looking, Since its cardboard so very boxy bit u get the gist of it. The complete body will be way more curvey and defined, should have a picks up pretty soon of it. I think it will please people I'm pretty excited will completely change the look of the dm1
nice dude lol wow that took for ever I can't wait to see finished product
Old 10-27-2012, 09:51 PM
oskygt

Brent, hold off on the DM-1 spec, check out the Ofna GT-V2 on tower hobbies, looks alot better.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Just So u can c its is being made not just out of cardboard and its a fair bit further then this, I just want to give u a teaser also I've decided for aerodynamics's the front nose cone and body will be two separate pieces with a recessed sleeve on the front of the body for the nose cone to slide on for a smooth fit and either use 3m double sided tape or rivets or both to attach them together..Main reason being if I was to form the body all in one piece ur gonna end up with really bad drag and uplift at the nose haven the bottom open. By actually forming a cone ull be able to cut out where the arms go and will have a perfect nose cone to slice through the air. and with a 3/4 inch overlay sleeve for the cone and body to attach will be plenty strong and like one solid piece put together.

Name:	Tr50129.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1815489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72775.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1815490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92926.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1815491  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 PM
whipnet

Love all the love for this thread... (started in 2008).

DM-1's rule! Nothing like a 6s ~100 mph run.

Build it like you mean it.
http://www.rccoh.com/rc.how-to/dm-1....onversion.html

Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 PM

Oh and to Run the Body U just remove the from bumper foam and body post leave the bottom plastic siked plate. The front spoiler will sit and wrap around that to give a solid platform for downforce. The two front side body mount points will also be removed and there are two points so you can mount the front down that are stock holes on the chassis, i'm making aluma mounting post on my lathe for them.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
rondondo

Oh and to Run the Body U just remove the from bumper foam and body post leave the bottom plastic siked plate. The front spoiler will sit and wrap around that to give a solid platform for downforce. The two front side body mount points will also be removed and there are two points so you can mount the front down that are stock holes on the chassis, i'm making aluma mounting post on my lathe for them.
ur the man I look forward throwing some sick custom graffix on that formula one check out my gallery see way I did to sc8 body
Old 10-27-2012, 11:10 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

D.amn.. That is bad-axx.. You need some better quality pics - preferably in here... What engine is that?

I ran my SC8 body on my DM-1 last weekend.. The SC8 is one bod I forget that works perfectly for the DM-1.. (and is pretty easily available). I kind of just bored out new holes on my SC8 bod, which fits perfectly, but IDK, never really considered getting a whole new SC8 body just for the DM-1.. I haven't run the SC8 body much recently because I normally run the side-rails on the car. Even then, I suppose you can make some cuts and have the rails just stick out a bit..
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
rondondo

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

D.amn.. That is bad-axx.. You need some better quality pics - preferably in here... What engine is that?

I ran my SC8 body on my DM-1 last weekend.. The SC8 is one bod I forget that works perfectly for the DM-1.. (and is pretty easily available). I kind of just bored out new holes on my SC8 bod, which fits perfectly, but IDK, never really considered getting a whole new SC8 body just for the DM-1.. I haven't run the SC8 body much recently because I normally run the side-rails on the car. Even then, I suppose you can make some cuts and have the rails just stick out a bit..
the rails are therejust pulled them all the way back and made plates for the side w front fenders the scoop is an actual shaker w cold air intake plumbed rt to it also cut out grill and put computer fan in front to avoid cutting hole in windshield and 2 more fans in back to make sure it stayed cool it also has working headlights and a whole set of xo1 rear tires on it which grip better than anything I've ever seen
Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
rondondo

Engine is force 28 but wanna throw in force 32 cause the added weight also has slash integy shocks on it as well as made the canard for the front
Old 10-28-2012, 01:57 AM
HerrSavage

I'd skip the Force and just get a better .28.. LRP Spec 3/Losi 454 or Dynamite Big Red at the cheap end, OS 28 at the high end.. Doubt the Force .32 will have any top end.. The new Picco Boost .28 would be in the middle price-wise, and is meant to be wicked..
Old 10-28-2012, 02:03 AM
rondondo

Go 28????
Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 AM
HerrSavage

Not as safe a bet as the SH engines IMO... Could be OK, but if they were that great, more people would be running them I think.. The Losi 454 with a JP-2 on it is a ripper.. I have a Mach 427 with 2047 pipe in my DM-1 at the mo, and it's good, but I think I need a .28(the Mach is great on bottom and top, but seems to lack some in the middle.. That may well be down to gearing though..) The 2047 is a nice big block pipe... IMHO any .28 will have more than enough oomph bottom-mid for a DM-1, but no .30 or bigger will have the top-end of a .28.. I.e. a 28 will have everything the bigger engines will have that you need or can use, but more top end.. And among the budget .28's, none will match the Losi 454/LRP Spec 3(they are identical) for top-end afaic.. You can get new 454's on ebay for not much more than 100 bucks. A stock RTR Losi pipe out of a 8B or T 2.0 btw is a good match. I bet you can get engine and pipe for 130ish... Picco is the next step up in price and performance. I bet that new Boost .28 would be nuts in a DM-1..

This video clip from youtube shows what an LRP Spec 3 can do in a DM-1...:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6OWuF16TE[/youtube]
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 AM

ur the man I look forward throwing some sick custom graffix on that formula one check out my gallery see way I did to sc8 body
Very nice rondondo is that free hand painted graphics? Awsome colour combo has a evil sinister look too it. How u get the spikes to mount on ur wheel hex nut ?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 AM
rondondo

Hand threaded the spikes to get the rt size of the set screws for the hubs even with thread lock they didn't last long I hand cut all my paint masks from scratch I just draw whatever out im a tattoo artist next body idea HURST? ????? Dodge dart? ???
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM

To bad that they wouldn't stay on still looks sick for the photo shoot lol and a hurst would be pretty sick I was thinking a 1980 trans am smokie and the bandit style "LOVE THAT MOVIE" lol and I have one
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM

I think Theres a F1 Car in that there piece of wood.((I know not fully smooth in this pic but gotta leave u guys guessing a little bit)) what u guys think

Name:	Ol31570.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1815967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35245.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1815968  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 AM
rondondo

Awesome job and progress but I think its nose is a bit blunt pointier might be cooler looking

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.