Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Phil and I speak privately and he is busting is *ss on a BIG project! Great flyin' and even better BLATHER! I've got a new pair of new cam glasses (I took delivery of the HD cam glasses and they were DOA!) and look forward to providing more out-of-frame blather! Thanx for the shout out! I will get my hobby thing sorted soon enough. I hear there are natural slumps. I have crazy patience but prolly too cheap for golf! Besides I'm a BIG SISSY and don't like spending time away from wifey! Good luck on the GT! I know it seems crazy but the bigger ones are waaayyyyyyy easier to work on! The HK500GT is REALLY a great value. Without batteries 200ish all up! Think about it before you plunk down on another ''small''!

@ Jonesy - PMing you my mailing addy so you can mail your whole heli kit. Go ahead and send it now so the separation anxiety will be less! (Ouch)

@ All - Getting over a sinus infection and enjoying our ''Fall'' here in Florida. Muuuuuuch nicer Wx! Will go flyin' Wed/Thur if nothing weird happens!

All the best!

B
The 450 is plenty big enough for where I fly and I already have all the electrics waiting.
And in case you havent noticed Im practising to take over your crown as king of blather.[img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn!

Ya can't blame me for tryin'! It took a nudge for me to make the leap!

As for King of Blather.....you are doin' me VERY proud!!!

Enjoy the new heli as I know you will!

The best....!

b
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Nice simple lines on the white canopy Simon, it has a very fluid, "organic" look..
Thanks Mate! I have that one with me today...

I enjoyed your nano review

Simon

Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
mnemennth

Hi there, to anybelly who's still istening.

The dumb fat polack is still around; just been doing hard time in Babylon, then laid up with an injured eyeball which, funny thing, REALLY put the boots to my internet surf-potatoin'.

First - JONESY - I hope I'm not too late; I've read up and still didn't see an announcement, so either I missed it with my one semi-good eye, or maybe you're busy becoming a daddy right now. *~ Congratulations! ~* in case I'm indisposed again and miss it.

I still think for the couple dollars difference, theTGY-306G or 306G-HV is a better deal than the TGY-211DMH for cyclic and they're both in stock, but that's just my engineer head talking. Okay, maybe it's the bling talking too...

That ALZRC 450Pro Dual Push Tail control looks interesting; though I'm not sure it'll actually provide much improvement over a single push control as the geometry uses rotating sleeves to overcome the parallax issue which Align used a second link to resolve. I suspect it relies on the inherent give of its plastic construction to work, plus the only piece of ALZRC kit I've ever bought was a 450 stock tail assembly which was complete rubbush; the crosspiece was drilled off-center, and as a result the slider bushing was swaged wrong and cracked. It was worse than Jonesy's misdrilled swash turnbuckle.

I really like that Tarot TL45034-05 Thrust Bearing Tail Rotor though; that looks sweet. Definitely going to the top of my list for the HDXbuild.

Have any of you seen this?

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl48025...e-p-64080.html

I really like the looks of the split-lock head mounting; sure to eliminate some vibration. But I have my concerns that the longer arm length might give it enough leverage to break the pintle bushing pin/bolt like the first gen Tarot DFC heads were doing. And It looks like they've redesigned their grips and pintles on this version too:

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc...a-p-63183.html

Hmmm... I smell flybarless in my future. Soon. I've already started the TT conversion on my HDX; got the 4mm spacers and drilled out the 1 set of extra holes it needs. But damn I wish I could find a CNC tailboom holder for the 450V2TT conversion... everything else on my HDX is anodized, and that black plastic holder's just dag-nasty next to it.

Hey Bob - howz about THIS for "Bigger is better"?

http://www.vario-helicopter.net/prod...lv-petrol.html

That SkyFox is 700-size and the XLV makes it look like a 450.

Ingleburn -

That video of a guy changing a 1-way bearing with a rock made me snort; not because it was so caveman it was scary, but because of remembering all the times I've used a big-effing-pliers/wrench/socket/board/piece of metal whatever/ROCK as a hammer over the decades, especially as a youth growing up on the farm.

Believe me, you begin to see all sorts of things as a hammer when you're broke down in the middle of a field a half-hour's walk from your toolbox and you just need to adjust that linchpin's attitude a LEETLEBEET... Rock? HAMMER. Fencepost?HAMMER. Largish furry animal?Slightly-less-efficient HAMMER.

Oh, and I have that bearing press set; you need a decent vise with well-squared jaws to make it work. While I have one because I need it for my engineering work, most people are NOTgonna spend $100-300 for a jeweler's vise. Forewarned is forearmed; you CANNOTuse a C-Clamp with it. The part against the screw ALWAYSspins off center and drives the bearing crooked. The C-clamps with a ball swivel are even MOREuseless; except they're a big chunk of cast steel, so HAMMER.

Oh, and HKis now stocking the Robird G31 FBL; $87.99 makes it a second choice for my budget, but the USBconnectivity may win out over my desire to save money with the HobbyMate FBLCombo, especially after looking at that new Tarot DFC head.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28236

hugj and Fiz - Since y'all came out of the closet, I figured I'd admit it too:

Hi everybody. My name is mnem, and I'm a planker. I haven't touched my plank in... 45 minutes. I've allowed my planking habit to take time away from my helicopters for 11 days this month. As a result, I now have my first $4 airframe; a folded foam 30" delta KFm2. I built it so I could have something "Park-Size" to fly outdoors at my local club meetings. May Ifni have mercy on my blasphemous soul...

All Up Weight :290gr
All Up Cost: $32.00

You read that right: $32.00:

Airframe:
$1 - 24"x30" Dollar Store Foam-Core Signboard
$1 - CFSpar Tube from HK
$2 - Tape, Glue, Velcro Tabs

Everything Else:
$2 - CFRod for Servo Linkages &1/4 sheet .030" hobby aluminum for motor mount
$3 - Servo Rod Swivel ends
$3 - LHS APC 6x4 Prop
$4 - 2 HXT900 Servos
$4 - Turnigy 9x RX
$4 - Zippy 1000mAh 2S Battery
$4 - LeadersHobby SkyWing 30A ESC
$4 - LeadersHobby EMP C2028/12-2300KV Motor

It's not beautiful, but it's incredibly well-mannered and a joy to fly. I may make it a bigger brother so it can share my 3S-2200 batteries.

Oh... and I've even got my wife planking with me (It's always more fun that way ); she just bought me this:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/cmp-cub-ep-1830mm-kit.html

She was a lot happier to get this on sale for $91.00 from NitroPlanes ( Coupon code: pricepickle ) than the slightly larger one from HK I've been pestering her to get me for XMas that was $100 more, and about 3 times as expensive to finish out.

And It'll use my 3S-2200 batteries too.

Oh, BTWJonesy - had my hands on a Blade Nano CP at my club meeting a couple weeks ago; it looks almost identical to my Genius CP, only it's about a inch shorter, and it actually flies straight. PTTTT!

OK - That's it from the middle of Dirt &Sun Country. Se y'all on the flip side!

mnem
planker.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Hi there, to anybelly who's still istening.

The dumb fat polack is still around; just been doing hard time in Babylon, then laid up with an injured eyeball which, funny thing, REALLY put the boots to my internet surf-potatoin'.

First - JONESY - I hope I'm not too late; I've read up and still didn't see an announcement, so either I missed it with my one semi-good eye, or maybe you're busy becoming a daddy right now. *~ Congratulations! ~* in case I'm indisposed again and miss it. [img][/img]

I still think for the couple dollars difference, theTGY-306G or 306G-HV is a better deal than the TGY-211DMH for cyclic and they're both in stock, but that's just my engineer head talking. Okay, maybe it's the bling talking too...

That ALZRC 450Pro Dual Push Tail control looks interesting; though I'm not sure it'll actually provide much improvement over a single push control as the geometry uses rotating sleeves to overcome the parallax issue which Align used a second link to resolve. I suspect it relies on the inherent give of its plastic construction to work, plus the only piece of ALZRC kit I've ever bought was a 450 stock tail assembly which was complete rubbush; the crosspiece was drilled off-center, and as a result the slider bushing was swaged wrong and cracked. It was worse than Jonesy's misdrilled swash turnbuckle. [img][/img]

I really like that Tarot TL45034-05 Thrust Bearing Tail Rotor though; that looks sweet. Definitely going to the top of my list for the HDX build.

Have any of you seen this?

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl48025...e-p-64080.html

I really like the looks of the split-lock head mounting; sure to eliminate some vibration. But I have my concerns that the longer arm length might give it enough leverage to break the pintle bushing pin/bolt like the first gen Tarot DFC heads were doing. And It looks like they've redesigned their grips and pintles on this version too:

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-dfc...a-p-63183.html

Hmmm... I smell flybarless in my future. Soon. I've already started the TT conversion on my HDX; got the 4mm spacers and drilled out the 1 set of extra holes it needs. But damn I wish I could find a CNC tailboom holder for the 450V2 TT conversion... everything else on my HDX is anodized, and that black plastic holder's just dag-nasty next to it.

Hey Bob - howz about THIS for ''Bigger is better''?

http://www.vario-helicopter.net/prod...lv-petrol.html

That SkyFox is 700-size and the XLV makes it look like a 450.

Ingleburn -

That video of a guy changing a 1-way bearing with a rock made me snort; not because it was so caveman it was scary, but because of remembering all the times I've used a big-effing-pliers/wrench/socket/board/piece of metal whatever/ROCK as a hammer over the decades, especially as a youth growing up on the farm.

Believe me, you begin to see all sorts of things as a hammer when you're broke down in the middle of a field a half-hour's walk from your toolbox and you just need to adjust that linchpin's attitude a LEETLE BEET... Rock? HAMMER. Fencepost? HAMMER. Largish furry animal? Slightly-less-efficient HAMMER. [img][/img]

Oh, and I have that bearing press set; you need a decent vise with well-squared jaws to make it work. While I have one because I need it for my engineering work, most people are NOT gonna spend $100-300 for a jeweler's vise. Forewarned is forearmed; you CANNOT use a C-Clamp with it. The part against the screw ALWAYS spins off center and drives the bearing crooked. The C-clamps with a ball swivel are even MORE useless; except they're a big chunk of cast steel, so HAMMER. [img][/img]

Oh, and HK is now stocking the Robird G31 FBL; $87.99 makes it a second choice for my budget, but the USB connectivity may win out over my desire to save money with the HobbyMate FBL Combo, especially after looking at that new Tarot DFC head.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28236

Hi everybody. My name is mnem, and I'm a planker. I haven't touched my plank in... 45 minutes. I've allowed my planking habit to take time away from my helicopters for 11 days this month. As a result, I now have my first $4 airframe; a folded foam 30'' delta KFm2. I built it so I could have something ''Park-Size'' to fly outdoors at my local club meetings. May Ifni have mercy on my blasphemous soul...

Airframe:
$1 - 24''x30'' Dollar Store Foam-Core Signboard
$1 - CF Spar Tube from HK

Everything Else:
$2 - CF Rod for Servo Linkages & 1/4 sheet .030'' hobby aluminum for motor mount
$3 - LHS APC 6x4 Prop
$4 - 2 HXT900 Servos
$4 - Turnigy 9x RX

It's not beautiful, but it's incredibly well-mannered and a joy to fly. I may make it a bigger brother so it can share my 3S-2200 batteries. [img][/img]

Oh... and I've even got my wife planking with me (It's always more fun that way [img][/img]); she just bought me this:

She was a lot happier to get this on sale for $91.00 from NitroPlanes ( Coupon code: pricepickle ) than the slightly larger one from HK I've been pestering her to get me for XMas that was $100 more, and about 3 times as expensive to finish out.

And It'll use my 3S-2200 batteries too. [img][/img]

Oh, BTW Jonesy - had my hands on a Blade Nano CP at my club meeting a couple weeks ago; it looks almost identical to my Genius CP, only it's about a inch shorter, and it actually flies straight. PTTTT!

OK - That's it from the middle of Dirt & Sun Country. Se y'all on the flip side!

mnem
planker.

Glad to hear from ya mnem!

Those are BIG helis, it's fun to just Google BIG R/C helis! There are some amazing beasts out there!

The delta KFm2 is cool! Our friend Jeff Nail has a "battle to the death" with those same air craft out at his club! Really neat as they fly and collide until there is a last man standing!

Terrible winds came with the beautiful Wx here in Florida! We will be in the 40's tonite and life is WONDERFUL!

Getting a LOT done around the house and will be out with the wife over the coming days as a "Trophy Husband" at one of her retreats! It's always nice to stay in a "5 star" on someone else's dime!

Planks.......hmmmmmm???

All the best!

b

PS Sorry to hear about your injury and hope you heal up!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM
ingleburn

Hi everybody. My name is mnem, and I'm a planker. I haven't touched my plank in... 45 minutes. I've allowed my planking habit to take time away from my helicopters for 11 days this month. As a result, I now have my first $4 airframe; a folded foam 30" delta KFm2. I built it so I could have something "Park-Size" to fly outdoors at my local club meetings. May Ifni have mercy on my blasphemous soul...

Airframe:
$1 - 24"x30" Dollar Store Foam-Core Signboard
$1 - CFSpar Tube from HK

Everything Else:
$2 - CFRod for Servo Linkages &1/4 sheet .030" hobby aluminum for motor mount
$3 - LHS APC 6x4 Prop
$4 - 2 HXT900 Servos
$4 - Turnigy 9x RX

It's not beautiful, but it's incredibly well-mannered and a joy to fly. I may make it a bigger brother so it can share my 3S-2200 batteries.

Oh... and I've even got my wife planking with me (It's always more fun that way ); she just bought me this:

Oh, BTWJonesy - had my hands on a Blade Nano CP at my club meeting a couple weeks ago; it looks almost identical to my Genius CP, only it's about a inch shorter, and it actually flies straight. PTTTT!

mnem
planker.

Now thats cheap but I reckon Spiros could prob do it for less.

If thats park sized Id hate to see your big ones.

A lot of useful info in your post and I did order one of those Dual Push Tail controls but it was on backorder so cant do a review.

Hope that eyeball is mending.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
ingleburn

Another morning of flying as Im on night shift at the moment. No vids so looks like Ive got a bit of work to do to wrest the blather crown from the master.

Practised some nose in with the 450, it looks easier than it is. Had another battery die right on the timer but got it down and have reset my timer to 4:30 so it doesnt get me again. Time to get those nanotechs out I think.

Also tried some inverted with the MCPX but even with full negative it just drops slowly from the sky. Batteries are new hyperions so thats not the issue.
I think I turned the links out 2 full turns when I first got it like I did to the first one but maybe I didnt need to. It also seems to bog badly when given full possitive so maybe theres the clue to it all.
Will turn the links back in and give it another go.

@ Brian. Have fun you sexy trophy husband.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
ahamay

Another morning of flying as Im on night shift at the moment. No vids so looks like Ive got a bit of work to do to wrest the blather crown from the master.
Practised some nose in with the 450, it looks easier than it is. Had another battery die right on the timer but got it down and have reset my timer to 4:30 so it doesnt get me again. Time to get those nanotechs out I think.
Also tried some inverted with the MCPX but even with full negative it just drops slowly from the sky. Batteries are new hyperions so thats not the issue.
I think I turned the links out 2 full turns when I first got it like I did to the first one but maybe I didnt need to. It also seems to bog badly when given full possitive so maybe theres the clue to it all.
RE mcpx - They are a pita to get the right amount of pitch. Here's what I do which may help.

1. Mid stick needs to equal 0 pitch. Adjust the linkages to move the swash up or down to get this right.
2. Make sure you have 75% in your pitch swash mix setting. If you need more pitch then you can increase this and take some pitch out via your id1 curve on the radio.
3. Check for equal positive and negative pitch.

Tail blowout on the mcpx is really bad if you have too much pitch, especially towards the back end of your battery. Ihad to take some pitch out of the top and bottom of my pitch curve to get the tail to behave.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
ahamay

First - JONESY - I hope I'm not too late; I've read up and still didn't see an announcement, so either I missed it with my one semi-good eye, or maybe you're busy becoming a daddy right now.
Wow, had to get a coffee and <xml><o:OfficeDocumentSettings><o:AllowPNG /></o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml>biscuit’s <xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:TrackMoves /><w:TrackFormatting /><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><woNotPromoteQF /><w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther><w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian><w:LidThemeComplexscript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexscript><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /><w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark /><w:EnableOpenTypeKerning /><wontFlipMirrorIndents /><w:OverrideTableStyleHps /></w:Compatibility><m:mathPr><m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math" /><m:brkBin m:val="before" /><m:brkBinSub m:val="--" /><m:smallFrac m:val="off" /><m:dispDef /><m:lMargin m:val="0" /><m:rMargin m:val="0" /><m:defJc m:val="centerGroup" /><m:wrapIndent m:val="1440" /><m:intLim m:val="subSup" /><m:naryLim m:val="undOvr" /></m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"LatentStyleCount="267"><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false"UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography" /><w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading" /></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0cm;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}</style> to go over that last post. Good to see tarot going forward with new designs and products.

No your not too late, but she is locked and loaded so to speak so it could be any moment now.

That's a tight ***** plank build if I've ever seen one, good stuff.

Jonesy

Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 PM
mnemennth

mnem
planker.

Now thats cheap but I reckon Spiros could prob do it for less.

Spiros, or Spiros Jr?

If thats park sized Id hate to see your big ones.

Wait - did I say "Park-sized" or "Pork-Sized"?

A lot of useful info in your post and I did order one of those Dual Push Tail controls but it was on backorder so cant do a review.

Thanks. I'll look forward to your eventual review on the product; if I'm wrong, I'd LOVE to know that there's something better out there so cheap.

Hope that eyeball is mending.

Slowly, but good enough to get back to work. I have a service call tomorrow, so I'm a toddle off to bed.

Oh... I just checked; the Flying Banana there has shipped and is showing INTRANSIT; with an ETAof THURSDAY!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

... and now, back to your regularly scheduled insanity...

mnem
Why are my dots blue?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
ahamay

OK, so I've done 6 packs on the Nano CP X, and apart from it looking small and so frail that you would break it by just looking at it so far it's definately a ripper. It's a lot more nimble than the mcpx and the biggest problem I've had with the mcpx is the tail not holding. The tail on the nano is much better even right to the end of the pack, it just holds so you can go from one flip to another no problems.

It has a death wobble when the blades become unloaded, but a bit of reading on HF suggests the feathering shaft needs to be tigher. I did put some canopy grommets on the blade grips but it made little difference. It still flys great with a wobble every now and then.

Overall I'm happy with it so far, just need to get a few more batteries.

Here's the maiden from this morning and also a 450 flight Idid straight after. Iwas chased off by the rain unfortunately after this flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7RCkbKrY0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xokthe36k[/youtube]

Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ahamay

OK, so I've done 6 packs on the Nano CP X, and apart from it looking small and so frail that you would break it by just looking at it so far it's definately a ripper. It's a lot more nimble than the mcpx and the biggest problem I've had with the mcpx is the tail not holding. The tail on the nano is much better even right to the end of the pack, it just holds so you can go from one flip to another no problems.

It has a death wobble when the blades become unloaded, but a bit of reading on HF suggests the feathering shaft needs to be tigher. I did put some canopy grommets on the blade grips but it made little difference. It still flys great with a wobble every now and then.

Overall I'm happy with it so far, just need to get a few more batteries.

Here's the maiden from this morning and also a 450 flight Idid straight after. Iwas chased off by the rain unfortunately after this flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw7RCkbKrY0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xokthe36k[/youtube]

Glad your Nano arrived and you are enjoying it.. Mine also had a terrible wobble when blades are unloaded.. I found that blowing really hard in the servos fixes this somehow. (something a guy told me in a hobby shop) It actually works, for around 10 flights or so.. then blow again.. Mine has about 80 flights now and the wobble is all but gone..

and yes this little thing is incredibly tough.. I have now crashed it into concrete walls, floors ceilings many times (practicing nose-in inverted indoors) and it just keeps flying.. I actually cracked the undercarriage today but it is the same as that on the MSR and I already had a spare... Great little durable Heli..

Ordered a bunch of these on HK for the Nano, I'll review when they arrive.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 AM
ingleburn

RE mcpx - They are a pita to get the right amount of pitch. Here's what I do which may help.

1. Mid stick needs to equal 0 pitch. Adjust the linkages to move the swash up or down to get this right.
2. Make sure you have 75% in your pitch swash mix setting. If you need more pitch then you can increase this and take some pitch out via your id1 curve on the radio.
3. Check for equal positive and negative pitch.

Tail blowout on the mcpx is really bad if you have too much pitch, especially towards the back end of your battery. Ihad to take some pitch out of the top and bottom of my pitch curve to get the tail to behave.

Thanks for the info Jonesy. After inspecting it I found that I had to unwind one of the aileron links 3 full turns to level the swash. Maybe that was what was causing the blowouts.
Will go and test tomorrow morning. Getting bored doing circuits with the 450 so time I grew some big ones and tried a flip or 2. Stay tuned for some interesting vids.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 PM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Ya, it's hard being a "flesh puppet"!

@ Jonesy - Glad yer enjoying the lil bugger!

@ All - My son sent be a cool @ S S viddy on facebook! Enjoy!

All the best!

b

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffEYqGGYXRk][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffEYqGGYXRk[/youtube][/link][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffEYqGGYXRk[/youtube]

(Youtube link works but the embedded one doesn[:@]'t)
Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Ddaddy

That is freaking sic!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 PM
ahamay

The pilots just a little excited with his efforts.... lol

Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM
rikybob

Ya - He curses as bad as me!

Really good pilot though! That particular machine is not known to be overly powered well!

Fun stuff!

b
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM
mnemennth

The pilots just a little excited with his efforts.... lol

MMmmhmmm... risk a $100-200K real helicopter to salvage a $800 (as suggested in video) model airplane... Welp, we know why he's in civilian aviation, don't we?

mnem
Awww, who'm I kidding... I'd have done it too; just to have the story to tell.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Tinkman

That was sooo cool!

Joaquin
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

That was too kewl.  I would have ****ed a brick if I had been there.
Thanks for posting that.
B
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 AM
ingleburn

Loved that video. Bet they talked about it for ages.

The new heli is on its way. Paid for express post so maybe it will be here by mon or tues.
I ended up ordering a bluetooth adaptor for the ZYX even though the software hasnt been released yet. www.oomodel.com/tarot-zyx12-gyro-bluetooth-adapter-for-tarot-450-flybarless-syst-p-64098.html

Then wouldnt you know it, just found this.www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php Cant wait to try it and it will be good to setup everything without being tied to a cable. Only for android and already installed on my phone and tablet.

Finally got the MCPX inverted today. Totally out of control but hopefully will get easier. Damaged a blade and almost lost a mainshaft bearing as well as nearly taking off my head.
At one stage I had it about 50 metres up trying to work out how to get it back and another time had it a foot off the ground and dumb thumbed it into the deck so Im glad it was the MCPX and not a 450.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:10 AM
ahamay

I've officially killed my first Turnigy H2218 3550kv motor (the red one with the silver can). Last couple of flights the heli had become noisy. On closer inspection the bearings have gone in the motor. Total flights - 333. this motor was transplanted from my 450GT and it was the one Ilearnt to fly with so it's had a few crashes as well. Never put a drop of oil in it, not sure if your supposed to but for 12 bucks or whatever they are who cares. An mcpx motor cost more than these and don't last anywhere near as long.

Ibought another one (H2218) on my last order as I was going to replace it anyways so it was good timing.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
rikybob

I'm almost sorry to do this to you.

Please feel free, during this "tome" to trim your nails, shine your shoes or beat your dog!

I'm truly sorry!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M12amdG8dU[/youtube]

PS Knocked out 6 batteries today!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Wow Brian yes it was a long one!
As far as a sugestion for Christmas How about you get her a new Heli!
You would probley get the same answer I got %%%&&&&@@@@
and on and on. I get the same thing as you, I don't know
 I seem to have a out though my wife loves purfume and not the cheap stuff!
I too am getting to the 50 mark quicker than I would like about 7 months away.
  The hot moms I think only are in Fl. We get the wore out ones and tired dads here.
The weather here is getting better.
Bryan moved over this last weekend and recruted me as a mule, I think I worked out well in this position
so i may have a future in mule moving!
 Other than that things are well if you want to go to the planks you know who to call.
Have a graet Holloween BOO!!!!
  Hugh
Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Wow Brian yes it was a long one!
As far as a sugestion for Christmas How about you get her a new Heli!
You would probley get the same answer I got %%%&&&&@@@@
and on and on. I get the same thing as you, I don't know
I seem to have a out though my wife loves purfume and not the cheap stuff!
I too am getting to the 50 mark quicker than I would like about 7 months away.
The hot moms I think only are in Fl. We get the wore out ones and tired dads here.
The weather here is getting better.
Bryan moved over this last weekend and recruted me as a mule, I think I worked out well in this position
so i may have a future in mule moving!
Other than that things are well if you want to go to the planks you know who to call.
Have a graet Holloween BOO!!!!
Hugh

Yah, it was a long 'un!

Nah,she has an actual negative interest in R/C! She actually has never really had a hobby though out our 30 years together save a renewed interest in our yard and camping exploits!

I just "pinged" her again during this writing to no avail!

She better hurry up or BUPKISS!

Trick or Treaters are arriving as I write but no MILFS to date as our neighborhood is, alas, aging!

21 years ago when I arrived here we literally had 300 kids come through!

(Alert: Just saw a smoking HOT MILF Witch Mom!)

Don't let Bryan "beat you like a rented mule"!

Will get with ya on the planks if I head that way!

Thanx for listening to my long overdue blather!

All the best!

b
Old 10-31-2012, 03:38 PM
ahamay

I'm almost sorry to do this to you.

Please feel free, during this "tome" to trim your nails, shine your shoes or beat your dog!

I'm truly sorry!

b
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M12amdG8dU[/youtube]

PS Knocked out 6 batteries today!

Ahhhh..... the invisible helicopter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.