Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

AMA DISTRICT V AIRFEST OCT 26-28

Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

AMA DISTRICT V AIRFEST OCT 26-28

Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 AM
AMADVVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA DISTRICT V AIRFEST OCT 26-28

Everyone is welcome to the AMA District V Airfest hosted by the Ogeechee Aeromasters at Prosser Field in Statesboro, Georgia. This event is a three day fun fly for all.

No landing fee, lunch provided for all registered pilots, prizes and all around fun! We have 12, 30 amp, camper hook-ups with power & water. There is showerhouse and porta-potty accessability.

Campsites are 20.00 bucks a night and primitive camping is 5 bucks a night!

Breakafst lunch & dinner will be available for purchase at the field, but remeber, registered pilots get their lunch free all three days!

Walmart and Dollar General are a few miles away and several major restaurant chains are located within seven miles of the field as well as hotels and motels. All types of aircraft are welcome, including turbines! Event T-shirts will be available, vendors welcome!

For more info contact Bill (912) 618-0630 or Mike (706) 829-1686
To make reservations contact BL. Prosser at (912) 682-1891

This is an AMA District Vsponsored event for all AMA members!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Gd93787.pdf (3.63 MB, 22 views)
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM
AMADVVP

Default RE: AMA DISTRICT V AIRFEST OCT 26-28

Just ordered event t-shirts, got food in line, bath house are almost ready, we are going to have a great time, hope to see you there! Later, Joser
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 AM
blois
My Feedback: (46)

Hi. To all my friends on RC Universe. I would like to take this oppertunity to invite everyone out to Prosser Field on Oct 26th, 27th, and the 28th for the 1st annual District V Fun Fly-in. This is going to be an all out fly in so bring any kind of airplane or helicopter with you. Turbines are also welcome. We have 2 runways and shelters with electricity for the Heli's and Airplanes, so no one gets in anyone's way. The Ogeechee Aeromasters , AMA, and Helen's Hobbies is hosting this event for that weekend. Their will be no landing fee and all AMA registered Pilots will receive a free meal of Friday and Sat.. We will have live bands on both days at night and will be doing alot of night flying also. If you have anything to swap, sale, trade, bring that also. For a complete Flyer on the event go to AMA web site and look up the District V page at the back of the book, or go to ogeecheeaeromasters.com, or you can see the flyer at my Facebook under Blois Lucian Prosser on the Prosser field page and also see pictures of the field and some great vidio of past fly-ins and events. We will be giving away alot of prizes also. Similators will be set up at the shelter for the kids and grown ups to try and AMA is giving away several of these. Remember, FREE FREE FREE!!!!!!!! Thank you for your time and I hope to see everyone their on that weekend. Drive safe and take care. Blois L. Prosser. You can contact me a 912-682-1891 any time.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

I really wish this didn't conflict with another obligation, I would have loved to come up
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
AMADVVP

Great news! Mac Hodges will be flying on Saturday!

See you soon!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
AMADVVP

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three days of lfying flying and more flying.

Hope to meet you there, see you soon, Joser
Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 PM
RJ706

Knocking the dust off of the planes and loading the bus.

Look forward to seeing the fruit of BL's yearlong labor getting ready for this event.

PaPa Smurf
Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
AMADVVP

See you there PaPa!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 AM
blois

What a great day it was on Sat. We did not let Huricane Sandy slow us down a bit and had the air full of Airplanes and Helicopters all day. We had 93 pilots sign up to fly and we had Mr. Mac Hodges from Hodges Hobbies in Andersonville Ga, put on a great show with his B-29 Bomber. Also we had Mr Matt Botos and Vern Dog Horne put on Helicopter shows and some other thing that I had never seen before. I want to thank Mr Jose Soto our District V VP, and AMA for all the gifts to give away to everyone and Helen's Hobbies for the airplanes also. Also Jose brought his family here and they also have had a great time and have been a blast to be with for the last several days, what a great family he has. We cannot wait to do this again next year and for all AMA members out there, this is what it is all about. Thank you AMA for everything you have given back to the RC family. My wife Helen and I cannot wait to host this again at our field next year. To everyone who came, thank you for all the wonderful words and thanks you gave us for letting AMA host this event at our field. Blois L. and Helen Prosser
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM
AMADVVP

All I can say is Wow, What a great time was had! Almost 100 registered pilots and tons of fun!!! Will post pics soon!.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM
AMADVVP

Just a shot of the guys and gals!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58049.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1815636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14132.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1815637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81715.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1815638  
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 PM
ckreef

Agreat flyin to attend. Free lunch paid for by AMA (yup got more then insurance and a magazine for my money this year Also the Low Country Boil on Saturday evening hit the spot. It was a little windy Saturday, but after watching a bunch of foamies deal with the wind I got brave enough to fly a few tank fulls with my Glow Powered Mini Ultra Stick . After dinner I also flew my Micro Night wing along with a few other night planes.

This is an awesome field to fly out of. Great putting green grass. Flight stands, a seperate Heli area, and both the plane and heli areas had there own awnings. Nice built on site restrooms and 110 volt power under the plane awning. I was very impressed with the firld and accomadations.

I only took a couple of pics of stick planes but here they are.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13797.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1815737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46042.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1815738  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:34 AM
blois

Thank you CKreef. Helen and I are glad you had a great time while you were here. Hope you come back in the future, our field is always open to all AMA members and you do not have to be a member to fly here. It was good to see you on Sat. Wish I could have spent more time with everyone, but as you could see I was a very busy man. Take care, Blois and Helen Prosser. If you would like to see the video of Mac Hodges flying the B-29 you can go to my face-book page at Blois Lucian Prosser and go to my Prosser Field page and watch it fly again. What a great performance Mac Hodges gave. He laugh at Huricane Sandy and said take this.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 AM
RJ706

Huge thanks to Jose and BL for a great weekend. Special thanks to Helen for letting BL invite his friends over to spend the weekend.

Also, to all of the volunteers who worked the long hours to insure everything was running smoothly.

It was an AMA sponsored event, yet it had the feel of being a gathering of old friends. Well planned flying areas for planes and helicopters were groomed to perfection with plenty of electricity and shelter provided.

Jose put his personality to good use bringing a new appreciation for the AMA to all attending as well as an appreciation for his service to make this a stronger organization and extending his sincere desire to make everyone feel a part of our organization.

BL, my friend, I can't express how much I enjoyed my weekend. Your tireless effort to provide a first class venue will always be appreciated and admired by all. Surely this and other events will prosper in your capable hands. You put heart, soul, and serious dollars into your field and you absolutely knocked it out of the park. Good things will continue to come your way.

It was an event, yet it had the feel of just coming over to spend time and have dinner with you and Helen.

See you at Toys for Tots,

RJ
Old 10-29-2012, 05:27 PM
AMADVVP

To All:

This year's AMA District V Airfest is over. The Ogeechee Aeromasters, led by Mike T. Wasden, did an outstanding job of running the event. This event, put on by AMA District V (yourselves) is the best gathering for the district, an opportunity to make new friends, meet old ones, talk airplanes, plan and fly. 

Folks like Mac Hodges, an institution in our hobby, graced us with a great B29 show, followed by great BBQ, great breakfast and great dinners. There were almost 100 registered pilots (98) and everyone had a good time, the helicopter pilots, had a dedicated part of the field and probably were one half of the total pilots present, beat the air incessantly and at all times of the day, they proved that both airplanes and choppers can fly together, in the same event, and have a great time! What a great bunch of guys!

The AMA sent Jessy Symmes and Mandee Mikulski from the Education and PR departments, they set up tent and registered new young folks and we even gave a full scholarship to Camp AMA to one very talented, young man!

AVP Kris Dixon, was at my right hand and he was instrumental in getting all of this done. Thank you Kris!!!

B.L. Prosser, the owner of Prosser Field and his wife Helen, were the absolute best host we could have. The fact that Helen's Hobby is on the field made it very convenient, so no one needed to leave the field for fuel or whatever was needed. There was a bathroom house on site, not porta-potties (although those were also available) in front of the pavilion. The grass is Bermuda and all flight areas were perfectly groomed, all in all a perfect field. There is a single, giant Pecan tree on property that sets it off as unique, it is as fine a field as any other, kudos to the Prossers for making this field available to model aviation.

There were so many great moments made, committments to see each other again next year and to do this all over again.

Thank you to all of AMA District V, you are the best aeromodelers a person could serve.

See you next year at Prosser Field for the AMA District V Airfest 2013!

In your service,

Joser
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM
AMADVVP

Vern Horne posted many pics on Facebook check it out!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciated the support of my District at the Monster Plane event that was held in Lakeland. The fact that no one from my District showed their faces spoke volumes.

Bill, AMA 4720
Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM
AMADVVP

Here is a great video made by Willie Hill!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM
ckreef

That was an awesome video, very professional look to it .................................................. ...............................
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
HornDogg

ORIGINAL: ckreef

That was an awesome video, very professional look to it .................................................. ...............................
It gets better. New FULLHDVIDEO of the highlights of the event posted here on YouTube: http://youtu.be/95xqGPGc38E. Willie has been BUSY!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 AM
bmurphyjr

I would like to thank all the Ogeechee Aeromasters and their families for all the hard work and dedication it took to put on an event like this . It took a lot of preperation from cutting grass, making pilot badges , lining up food, preparing food and everything else. thank you Jose and the AMA for sponsoring the event and also BL and Helen prosser for allowing the event to be held on their property. There was a great turn out even the wind was very bad. Thanks also to all who showed up to fly and spectate. I think everyone had a great time .