Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Head wobble

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:33 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Head wobble

I'm sure this has been gone over in the past but I have the same problem on my 2 helis, one is a raptor 60 v2 and the other is a trex 450 sport. The problem is when I spool up the head will shake the whole heli at around midway on the spool up rpm then go away, it is fine when taking off and during flight. The raptor only does it on spool up but the trex does it both on spool up and down. The raptor I'm not too concerned about because it only does it briefly and isn't violent but the trex really concerns me because it almost acts like it will tip over during spool down from shaking the little heli. A little background info, the raptor has never been crashed. The trex didn't do it till I crashed and after replacing the main, feathering, and flybar shaft it does it now. I cannot see any problem parts, and both helis track fine and blade grips are not too tight on the mains or the tail.

Can someone give me an idea of what is going on and where to look to fix this problem? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Head wobble

Blades too tight or too loose. I don't have much time to type it all up. If you need more information, just ask again here. I will be back later.

Rafael
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is when I spool up the head will shake the whole heli at around midway on the spool up rpm then go away, it is fine when taking off and during flight.
This is usually normal. The blades are not "centered" yet until the centrifugal force centers them. As you mentioned, it goes away after it's spooled up and for flying.

For the 450, the blades might be to loose, so when the motor is slowing down the blades still have momentum and are throwing the blades off center a bit.

Just a thought.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
dvs1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the responses guys. I found the problem tonight. I was replacing the tail gear for the tail drive that I stripped yesterday and when I put everything back together I used different blades and now it doesn't do it so I switched the blades and sure enough the other blades made it wobble. I normally use Align 36g blades for my 450 sport and I accidentally ordered a set of the Align 325D PRO, I don't know why but they make my 450 wobble pretty bad. I even tried another set I have of the 36g blades from Align and still no problems so for whatever reason the pro blades don't like my heli.