Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

Was at Church
Old 10-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: RE:

We have an new member that wishes to join us, help me welcome:

[size=4]Member # 63 alexzach777 from Canada

Come on in Alexzach777 and introduce yourself and let us know what the plans are for
your Nosen Cessna 310.

Bill D.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Billy J
My Feedback: (4)

#23 member will sell my 310! needs to be finished rigging and painting , airframe has been glassed with z-poxy resin . Robinair retracts that work fine, 3peice wing. Aircraft was flying in monakote and fourstrokes before I started. 1500.00 Local pickup only Houma La. [email protected]

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 AM
Bill Diedrich

Hey Gang we have another Nosen Cessna 310 owner joining our ranks,

#64 pat s from [size=4]North Carolina

Welcome aboard Pat how about some pics of your 310.

Bill D.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Spotted a Nosen kit on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUD-NOSEN-CE...item337d191d49
Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Warbirdguy

Default RE:

Just a little off topic with respect to a 310, but, still noteworthy. Beechcraft Heritage Museum in Tullahoma, TN is having their Beech Party this week. I saw what appeared to be a Bonanza V tail flying over with a major problem. It was a TWIN lol. I drove out to the airport / museum to take a closer look. It turned out to be a Baron 55 that someone changed the tail to a V tail like the Bonanza. Im going back out later with my camera to try and get some shots of it. Not sure if the Baron 55 or 58 had a V tail option???? But there is one now lol.

WBG
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Warbirdguy

Amish, was in your neighborhood this last week. Wife and I were on vacation / aniversary in Asheville and Maggie Valley. I think thats bout 150 miles from you? I got a brother that lives just north of Charlotte. Maybe next time Ill send you a PM and we can all get together.

WBG
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM
vivwiniata

Default RE:

Hi there all.

I am in New Zealand.

I recently bought a part built Bud Nosen Cessna 310Q (the longer nose variant?).

It has Robart tricycle retracts installed and a pretty good job seems to have been done of it so far. I would like to upload some pics of it but cannot see how to do that on here.

I am wondering where I could find a suitable windscreen for it.

Regards
Viv
Old 11-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Bill Diedrich

Viv, the only Cessna 310-Q kit I know of is the Royal kit but it was a smaller aircraft
with a 73" wingspan, were as the Bud Nosen Cessna 310 is the "G" version and has the
120" wingspan. However it may also have the nose slightly modified to look like the "Q"
version. The fiberglass fuselage that G & L Hobby sells is real close to the 310-Q. There
is a template on the fuselage plans sheet for a windshield and it should be close to what
you need, if you send me a e-mail to [email protected] I will forward you the full plans
set in digital format that you can have printed at one of your local blueprint shops or by
someone that is capable of printing 36" wide drawings.

To upload pics of your 310 you need to click on reply to one of the topics or messages that
is in the thread that you want to post the pics to and down at the bottom of the reply message
you will see wher is says "Click here to upload images and files!"

Bill D.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Thisstrangeengine

saw a royal kit on ebay the other day if anyone is interested.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Mooney_driver

ORIGINAL: frankeldan
So.. The surfaces are a bit large for the low profile servos. Try the line of servos of HD servos. Troybuilt Models carries them. I bought aload of these last season and used them in everything from a 60 size bird on up thru my 50cc models. No failures at all and I'm hard on my planes.

HD-DS120M 178 oz-in at 6v Digital Servo with universal connector and Futaba arms 28.99

Also .. I would suggest a good digital servo for throttle that has better centering than the cheapies for repeatable throttle control.

Terry,

So.. The surfaces are a bit large for the low profile servos. Try the line of servos of HD servos. Troybuilt Models carries them. I bought aload of these last season and used them in everything from a 60 size bird on up thru my 50cc models. No failures at all and I'm hard on my planes.

HD-DS120M 178 oz-in at 6v Digital Servo with universal connector and Futaba arms 28.99

Also .. I would suggest a good digital servo for throttle that has better centering than the cheapies for repeatable throttle control.

Dan

[/quote]

I do not see that one listed on their page any more. In fact the only one Isaw was this one:
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HS7955.html
but that is $90

Their servo list jumps from 144 in oz to 373 and is at:
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/categ...ec-Servos.html
which shows the JR8711 at 373 in oz.

What is being used for servos in these big birds now? Ihave a 310 that was built in the early 80's so Ihave some big EK Logitrol servos in it. It has never flown as I am still trying to figure out how to mount the Quadra engines I got at that time as they are too big for the cowl.

Thank you.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Baron243
My Feedback: (50)

HI Guys!

I've been lurking here for a couple of months since I picked up a Nosen 310 cheap from a Craigslist ad. The plane had been built as a "display" piece and was hanging in this guy's rec room. It actually looked a little rough, and it did have a pair of K&B .61 engines mounted on it but no servos and it had never flown. I bought it mostly for the wing and the plans that came with it. I'm planning on replacing the .61s by installing a couple of SV-26cc engines, and an old but serviceable set of Likes Line retracts. Once it's flying, and I have the bugs worked out, I'll buy the G&L Fuselage and do it up right.

I too have been using Power HD servos in a few planes, and I have no complaints so far. You can get a better selection of the HD servos from HobbyKing.com. They do seem to run out of the Hi torque servos on a regular basis, but you can subscribe to be notified when the new batch comes in. I'm using a set of the HD 1214Th digital servos in my 33% Extra 330L, with a pair of them driving each aileron. These are 230 oz-in coreless digitals, and they are supposed to be HV, but I'm not sure tha tI'd trust them at 7.2 volts. I using a pair of 2400MAh A123 cells at 6.6v to power them, and that seems to work well. Oh, almost forgot to mention the most important part, they were only $33 each! So far setup in the Extra looks good, I'll let you all know how well they perform when I get her in the air!

I just checked HK, and the HD 1214s are not in stock at the moment, and in fact are not even currently listed; but I found that it helps to check the site often.

I've picked up a few good tips here that I plan to incorporate in my rebuild. Unfortunately, I won't be getting to the project until this winter, and there are two others that need finishing first!

Troy built should still show the HD1501 servos these are rated at 236oz-in and are analog. They are reccomending them for their line of ESM warbirds

Mooney Driver, I'd get rid of those old Quadras and pick up a couple of 26cc to 30cc engines, as they are much lighter and more than adaquate power. Also they'll fit in the cowls better!

Keep up the good work!

RJ
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
vivwiniata

Thanks for that Bill - will drop you an email.

Meanwhile, here are some pics of the model. Paid $500 NZD (=$400 USD).

I have a pair of OS FT-300 twins I am thinking I will put in it.

Cheers
Viv
New Zealand
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75122.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1819559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38746.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1819560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90403.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1819561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37363.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1819562  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mooney_driver

So.. The surfaces are a bit large for the low profile servos. Try the line of servos of HD servos. Troybuilt Models carries them. I bought a load of these last season and used them in everything from a 60 size bird on up thru my 50cc models. No failures at all and I'm hard on my planes.

http://HD-DS120M 178 oz-in at 6v Dig...nd Futaba arms 28.99

Terry,

So.. The surfaces are a bit large for the low profile servos. Try the line of servos of HD servos. Troybuilt Models carries them. I bought a load of these last season and used them in everything from a 60 size bird on up thru my 50cc models. No failures at all and I'm hard on my planes.

Dan
I do not see that one listed on their page any more. In fact the only one I saw was this one:
but that is $90

What is being used for servos in these big birds now? I have a 310 that was built in the early 80's so I have some big EK Logitrol servos in it. It has never flown as I am still trying to figure out how to mount the Quadra engines I got at that time as they are too big for the cowl.

Thank you.

[/quote]

ORIGINAL: Mooney_driver

Terry,

Dan
I do not see that one listed on their page any more. In fact the only one I saw was this one:
but that is $90

What is being used for servos in these big birds now? I have a 310 that was built in the early 80's so I have some big EK Logitrol servos in it. It has never flown as I am still trying to figure out how to mount the Quadra engines I got at that time as they are too big for the cowl.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Try this servo at value hobby

http://www.valuehobby.com/radio-syst...tal-servo.html

Don't see those ds120 listed anymore

The specs on this servo is Product Highlights
Dimension: 40x20x37mm; Weight: 60g
Torque: 15.8kg/cm (219.4oz/in)
Speed: 0.17sec

It's 29.00

I have had a couple of the ds120's go bad .. Gears.. But that's because I beat them up pretty hard. With this scale bird they will last.

Dan
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

Just a little off topic with respect to a 310, but, still noteworthy. Beechcraft Heritage Museum in Tullahoma, TN is having their Beech Party this week. I saw what appeared to be a Bonanza V tail flying over with a major problem. It was a TWIN lol. I drove out to the airport / museum to take a closer look. It turned out to be a Baron 55 that someone changed the tail to a V tail like the Bonanza. Im going back out later with my camera to try and get some shots of it. Not sure if the Baron 55 or 58 had a V tail option???? But there is one now lol.

WBG

The airplane that you saw was a Bay Super Vee. It's a Beech Model 35 converted to a twin. Cool looking airplane, a little bit bizarre but neat all the same.
Chris...

Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE:

Any updates on builds?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Warbirdguy

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: Warbirdguy

WBG

The airplane that you saw was a Bay Super Vee. It's a Beech Model 35 converted to a twin. Cool looking airplane, a little bit bizarre but neat all the same.
Chris...

[img][/img]

Yup, that be the plane I saw

I have a set of plans for a Baron 58, that takes 2 40's, Im thinking of doing it "V" tail and electric. I have the retracts for it and all the wood and foam. Should be a quick build.

Thanks for the photo stuntflyr, I wasnt able to make it back to the airfield to take any pictures before it left.

Ill keep you all posted

I sold my 310 but, I am thinking of just getting the one from G&L. Greg is only about an hour away so may take him some ....Holiday Cheer....lol and we can discuse pricing :P

WBG
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM
jsparky

Ok so it is getting colder here now so time for building.. but to who ever is interested but I just purchased a set of Robarts retractsfor around 500 for the mains and nose.. the guy on Ebay still has one more set if anyone is interested.. you can contact him at [email protected]; he will send you his phone number if you ask and talk to Brian.. nice guy

regards jeff
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE:

Im looking for a damaged Topflite Cessna 310 wing panel if anyone has a damaged panel the I can rebuild please let me know...
Contact me at
[email protected]
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone have a rock solid lead on laser cut parts for the wing and tail group . I have traced out and hand cut a couple sets over the years but I am looking for a CAD drawn Laser cut short kit for the center section , wings and tail feathers . I will be using these on the G&L glass kit.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

contact me at
[email protected]

I have the parts set up for the cnc router but it wont take much to transfer it to my laser

If anyone needs the wing ribs let me know asap I am going to set up my laser for a limited run
Old 12-17-2012, 02:43 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Sent you an email
Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE:

Has anyone tried the giant scale retracts out from Hobbyking yet?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 01:10 PM
boothg-3

Default RE:

how do i post a picture here
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 PM
boothg-3

[img][/img]cessna pics 297.jpg cant seem to figure this one out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.