Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Livewire121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Just wondering if this new body design will fit the DM-1?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: oskygt

Please explain how a company and person (Jspeed) lack integrity, when he's the only person giving us quality tires and bodies, oh forgot to mention, an anual world chapionship where all manufatures are welcomed and participate. Where Ipanema always seems to win, yeah must be the lack of integrity.And just like you have the right to voice your opinion so does Ipanema, they are trying to give us racers an alternative to whats out there, and BTW the products work, be it bashing or racing. You are welcome to wait for OFNA to release a new body for the DM-1 (never going to happen) or you can just try the products Ipanema puts out or from other companys, or wait for that F-1 pinyata thats being showcased here and good luck with that. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way and let the creative minds no matter who they may be enrich this great GT class.

Thanks for the complements Bro, they’re all much appreciated!

Just ignore that guy; it’s obvious that he’s just another one of the trolls looking to cause drama in the GT community and he is irrelevant to the conversations we’re having here.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
rondondo

Ok it is a pretty sick body kinda alien lookin
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Jspeed u did pretty sick on that body if anything it looks like a lamborghini aventador very sexy and thanks the f1 and truck are almost done just making a bunch of fine detail and maken everything perfect
Cool thanks, we've spent a lot of preproduction time on the shape of the 325 GT.
All of the CAD work will pay off for GT racers, as it will be the most advanced GT body available for top speed racers.

Take your time with your projects, try not to rush making your plug, since your actual tooling and lexan parts will mirror it.
Good luck to you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36111.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1817846  
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: Livewire121

Just wondering if this new body design will fit the DM-1?
The 325 GT body in the pictures is designed to fit all 325mm wheelbase chassis like the DM1S, Cobra, IGT1, Rally Game and GT buggy conversions since the majority of GT owners run that wheelbase chassis.

There is a plug already started for a 360 GT body version, it will be available in the spring of 2013 too.
It will fit the IGT2 chassis and could be modified to work on a standard DM1.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
rondondo

ORIGINAL: oskygt

Please explain how a company and person (Jspeed) lack integrity, when he's the only person giving us quality tires and bodies, oh forgot to mention, an anual world chapionship where all manufatures are welcomed and participate. Where Ipanema always seems to win, yeah must be the lack of integrity.And just like you have the right to voice your opinion so does Ipanema, they are trying to give us racers an alternative to whats out there, and BTW the products work, be it bashing or racing. You are welcome to wait for OFNA to release a new body for the DM-1 (never going to happen) or you can just try the products Ipanema puts out or from other companys, or wait for that F-1 pinyata thats being showcased here and good luck with that. Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way and let the creative minds no matter who they may be enrich this great GT class.
if nothing else I've inspired Jspeed and others to make better products and take notice of the issue of no boddychoices for 1/7 cars last week I pissed him off this week he shoved a new body up my ass lol and cfrasier is gonna be pumping out formula 1 bodys in 2minutes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
rondondo

I don't like the warrior yes it works but its lacking in a novelty fun factor if Jspeed made a hurst body that fit either car u can't deny that all of us would want one
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
On2_n_On4

ORIGINAL: jspeed
There is a plug already started for a 360 GT body version, it will be available in the spring of 2013 too.
can't wait!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't care for the body TBH.. Would prefer to see something more scale. For people who only care about shaving fractions of seconds off their laptimes - a mentality that IMO is dull as hell, then OK, whatever works in a windtunnel I guess.. Still, I'd like a Viper or Aston or Ferrari or something.. (got the 1/7th) A Ford GT-40 would be great...
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Don't care for the body TBH.. Would prefer to see something more scale. For people who only care about shaving fractions of seconds off their laptimes - a mentality that IMO is dull as hell, then OK, whatever works in a windtunnel I guess.. Still, I'd like a Viper or Aston or Ferrari or something.. (got the 1/7th) A Ford GT-40 would be great...
I personally have no use for replica stuff like that, because racing is what my toys are used for.
If I wanted a replica I’d build stagnant models for a shelf or just save money and own the real thing, but to each his own.

Bt the way.....
Shaving a few seconds off your lap times or having better control of you car is the difference in being a winner or a loser at the race track and that matters to a lot of GT racers.

Good luck. [8D]

Name:	Ge95796.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	1817860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65597.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1817861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28693.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	1817862  
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
On2_n_On4

Still, I'd like a Viper or Aston or Ferrari or something..
that aint gonna happen...
unless the haters stop posting on this thread and start making their own.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

Still, I'd like a Viper or Aston or Ferrari or something..
that aint gonna happen...
unless the haters stop posting on this thread and start making their own.
I had been racing GT cars very heavily on all of Florida’s big R/C tracks since 2007 and had tried almost everything available at the time; including the 3 hersavage mentioned.

Some of the bodies looked great as replicas, but were horrible on the track because they weren’t balanced and did nothing correctly.

Some bodies had good speed, but were no good anywhere else.

Some had good rear down force, but offered no steering which made them push like a dump truck at the end of a long straight; making hi-speed entry into the track’s infield impossible.

Some offered good steering qualities, but had no rear “bite†in turns and were always too loose on turn “exitâ€.

Some even made the engines run hotter than others, because of their inability to flow enough air towards the cooling head fins.
Those really sucked the most during 30+ minute main races. Lol

The bottom line was that I personally wanted a body that would perform with greater balance and do everything well for me.
So I created the Warrior GT body and it’s been helping other racers around the world to have more fun & win races ever since.

The Warrior GT fits all GT car chassis, including the 1/7 scale DM1 and its Three Time GT World Championship winning proven track record can’t be intelligently argued against by any racer. Period!

Name:	Lj23541.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1817864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94343.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1817865  
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rondondo

Jesus what a douche it looks like a ford probe
Dude, give it a rest. The more and more you spew your nonsensical hater jargon, the less people are going to give a crap about your opinion. Unless you have something constructive to add to these forums your going to get the same kind of reverberation back from those of us who are sick of reading your baseless presumptions. Nobody cares who you hate (or why) and the more you keep this up the less credible you are becoming. Grow up a bit then come back when you have some experience and sense. Maybe once you have something usefull to share you will be recieved a little better. Untill then I don't think anybody wants you around
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: yakfish

Hey jspeed, that new body your working on looks great! For those of us looking for high speed bodies how will it do maintaining its shape beyond 100mph? I have a had issues with bodies rippeling once the car gets going past 80-90 MPH. I know many people have had to modify their bodies to help them maintain shape. I have added extra body posts and reinforced bodies with tape or shoe goo to stop rippeling. looks like it should be a very stable body if it can maintain its shape beyond 100+mph.
Thanks,

There are a few things we can do to help more serious top-speed racers who intend to push the envelope with their cars.

Adding a “5th body post to help support the windshield better, is a good start.

Using a high quality tight fitting CNC body matching foam bumper will help keep a lot of air from getting under the lid too.
It’s amazing how many people try to run over 80 mph without having a tight, form fitting foam bumper made for their GT cars.
We'll be offering CNC foam bumpers that will be specific to the 325 GT; in the same way we do for the Warrior GT race body now.

We could look into designing an additional sub-structure to attach to the inside of the body, if needed.

Our standard track racing GT bodies are made in .030 thick lexan.
A much thicker lexan material could be used if customer demand was sufficient for additional top-speed specific production runs.

Hope it helps, thanks again! [8D]
The extra body post makes a world of difference in the structural integrity of the body But it wasn't quite enough by itself. An additional sub structure would be very interesting to try out. I have been thinking of ways to do that myself using strips of lexan from old bodies and just "shoegooing" them in place. I think a thicker lexan would make the biggest difference though and would probably be the easiest solution. I know many truggy bodies are .060 thick lexan and something like that would be much more stable at high speeds. If you sold this new body in that thickness I would be all over it and i'm sure many other people building high speed cars would be too.

Do you have a price point in mind yet for this new body or a timeline for when it wil be out? I will be picking up another Warrior body soon, but if this new one will be priced in the same range and be out in a descent time I might hold off and wait for it.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM
jspeed

Hey jspeed, that new body your working on looks great! For those of us looking for high speed bodies how will it do maintaining its shape beyond 100mph? I have a had issues with bodies rippeling once the car gets going past 80-90 MPH. I know many people have had to modify their bodies to help them maintain shape. I have added extra body posts and reinforced bodies with tape or shoe goo to stop rippeling. looks like it should be a very stable body if it can maintain its shape beyond 100+mph.
Thanks,

There are a few things we can do to help more serious top-speed racers who intend to push the envelope with their cars.

Using a high quality tight fitting CNC body matching foam bumper will help keep a lot of air from getting under the lid too.
It’s amazing how many people try to run over 80 mph without having a tight, form fitting foam bumper made for their GT cars.
We'll be offering CNC foam bumpers that will be specific to the 325 GT; in the same way we do for the Warrior GT race body now.

We could look into designing an additional sub-structure to attach to the inside of the body, if needed.

A much thicker lexan material could be used if customer demand was sufficient for additional top-speed specific production runs.

The extra body post makes a world of difference in the structural integrity of the body But it wasn't quite enough by itself. An additional sub structure would be very interesting to try out. I have been thinking of ways to do that myself using strips of lexan from old bodies and just ''shoegooing'' them in place. I think a thicker lexan would make the biggest difference though and would probably be the easiest solution. I know many truggy bodies are .060 thick lexan and something like that would be much more stable at high speeds. If you sold this new body in that thickness I would be all over it and i'm sure many other people building high speed cars would be too.

Do you have a price point in mind yet for this new body or a timeline for when it wil be out? I will be picking up another Warrior body soon, but if this new one will be priced in the same range and be out in a descent time I might hold off and wait for it.
First off, thank you very much for being a Warrior GT body user, you’re very much appreciated!

You can use scrap or flat lexan pieces to make body stiffeners similar to 1/8 scale on-road cars.
Make them strips about 1 inch wide and make them long enough to attach to the top of the fenders and the sides.
I use small pop rivets and shoe-goo for strength.
They work really well when placed behind the front wheel well openings and in front of the rear openings.
Bend the flat lexan strips on about a 45 degree angle on the top fender areas and about 20 degrees for the sides.
The triangulation will add a great deal of strength for top-speed running.

The new 325 & 360 GT bodies won’t be available until sometime in the spring of 2013, I’ve been pretty busy with other projects and just can’t get motivated to finish them at this time. If you’re looking for a fast GT race body right now, you might consider getting another Warrior GT, since you’re familiar with it already.

There’s also a pretty cool modification to the Warrior that was made by a top-speed runner named Johnracerx on YouTube.
He trimmed off the center section of the rear spoiler and has been able to reach speeds of 141 MPH with it.
If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out. Very impressive indeed!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF0eyPkE0b8[/youtube]

Thanks again, all the best!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
yakfish

Thanks,

The extra body post makes a world of difference in the structural integrity of the body But it wasn't quite enough by itself. An additional sub structure would be very interesting to try out. I have been thinking of ways to do that myself using strips of lexan from old bodies and just ''shoegooing'' them in place. I think a thicker lexan would make the biggest difference though and would probably be the easiest solution. I know many truggy bodies are .060 thick lexan and something like that would be much more stable at high speeds. If you sold this new body in that thickness I would be all over it and i'm sure many other people building high speed cars would be too.

First off, thank you very much for being a Warrior GT body user, you’re very much appreciated!

You can use scrap or flat lexan pieces to make body stiffeners similar to 1/8 scale on-road cars.
Make them strips about 1 inch wide and make them long enough to attach to the top of the fenders and the sides.
I use small pop rivets and shoe-goo for strength.
They work really well when placed behind the front wheel well openings and in front of the rear openings.
Bend the flat lexan strips on about a 45 degree angle on the top fender areas and about 20 degrees for the sides.
The triangulation will add a great deal of strength for top-speed running.

The new 325 & 360 GT bodies won’t be available until sometime in the spring of 2013, I’ve been pretty busy with other projects and just can’t get motivated to finish them at this time. If you’re looking for a fast GT race body right now, you might consider getting another Warrior GT, since you’re familiar with it already.

There’s also a pretty cool modification to the Warrior that was made by a top-speed runner named Johnracerx on YouTube.
He trimmed off the center section of the rear spoiler and has been able to reach speeds of 141 MPH with it.
If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out. Very impressive indeed!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF0eyPkE0b8[/youtube]

Thanks again, all the best!

Yes, I have spoken with John about his setup before. Nice guy to talk to and very helpfull. He has actually laid fiberglass on the inside of the body. It is now completely rigid. I have cut out the rearof the body for better flow. I don't have the Warrior body anymore. I went with a GT1 I sold a while back. But I do need another one!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM
jspeed

That's pretty cool, haven't spoken much with John about his mods yet, but look forward to it.

On our next production run, we might try going with .060 lexan for a few units specifically for the top-speed guys to try out, but it won't be until sometime in February. [8D]
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
yakfish

That's pretty cool, haven't spoken much with John about his mods yet, but look forward to it.

On our next production run, we might try going with .060 lexan for a few units specifically for the top-speed guys to try out, but it won't be until sometime in February. [8D]
If you need a field tester to help with some R&D let me now!LOL!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Livewire121

well that sucks i was looking forward to another option that would fit the 1/7 correctly without modification
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM
jspeed

well that sucks i was looking forward to another option that would fit the 1/7 correctly without modification
Livewire121,

What bodies have you used on your DM1 1/7 chassis so far?
What are you using on it right now?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
jspeed

If you need a field tester to help with some R&D let me now!LOL!
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. [8D]
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Ill have u covered for the 7th scale name something ud like to c and I'll c what I can do .. I have three diff bodies on the go for the 7th scale, the third one a suprise since u guys already seen the other two (( in very very rough form)) and don't worry if u guys think I have no skill or clue what I'm doing because I've done vacuum forming many times before but for crazy halloween costumes for people and I build custom fiberglass anything so I know how to make a sexy plug/mold and also I'm a car freak I have two show cars and a done out motor in my 300c srt8 (hint) I'm sure I can scale my full size car skill down
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Livewire121

I race with both the G35 and theBenz bodies

Name:	Ay75247.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1818062  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want a blue GT-40 with the white stripes..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.