Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Minimum safe fly voltage - T8FGsuper

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minimum safe fly voltage - T8FGsuper

Can someone tell me the minimum safe fly voltage on the futaba t8fgsuper with the stock 7.2v battery? Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Minimum safe fly voltage - T8FGsuper

I assume you are talking about the transmitter. If so, the easy way to find this out is to put a full charge on the battery then just turn it on and wait until the low voltage alarm goes off. This will probably be over three hours. To feel confident, have your plane also at hand and, when the low voltage alarm goes off, turn on your plane and cycle the sticks. All should respond properly. Note that the range of the transmitter is the same whether the voltage is near minimum or at maximum as the voltage to the RF stage is regulated to a voltage slightly lower than what the battery is at low voltage warning. Now, as the battery ages over the years (it is usually good for two to four years if properly maintained) capacity, thus safe operating time, will decrease.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Minimum safe fly voltage - T8FGsuper

ORIGINAL: splais Can someone tell me the minimum safe fly voltage on the futaba t8fgsuper with the stock 7.2v battery? Thanks
7.2v is the nominal voltage of a 6 cell NiMH pack, full charge is actually 8.4v with largest operating voltage plateau at 7.8v.
Typical NiMH operating graph
T8FG LBW is set to 6.8v, as attached, which still gives plenty of time to commence landing ciruit and land after it goes off.
Do not continue to fly as the batteries fall flat very quickly once that level is hit and especially if more than two years old.
- note what happens to laptops and cellphones, the battery level shows high but drops faster and faster with age.
(and in this case also read range once voltage below 6.6v) rapidly as age sets in.
Many stop and or field charge if voltage hits 7.0v.
(Other major brand similar high power consumption Tx have LBW set at 6.9v for 6 cell NiCD/NiMH packs,
FWIW:Cheap non digital display low power Tx have LBW set as low as 6.6v for six cell NiMH).

Much more information available below sub sections:
""Battery Care, Performance & DIY Battery Packs."
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
e.g. . Transmitter - Voltage Display - How To Read & Interpret Remaining Battery Time

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69379.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1818110