Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW SEBA JET - AVANTIS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW SEBA JET - AVANTIS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: NEW SEBA JET - AVANTIS

He's there, so I would think so...

Dw
Old 07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
bobg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would need to be better quality than his mig 29 !!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Looks much better than a futura ( come to think on it wouldn't be hard!) like the tuono you can tell what part of the world it came from
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Looks much better than a futura ( come to think on it wouldn't be hard!) like the tuono you can tell what part of the world it came from
+1 to that.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 PM
skyflash

Look the VIDEO Avanti S Jet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f02h2IFUdyc

Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks really nice but the Area 51 website is showing it as £1830 'airframe only'. If this means with no gear (as it usually does) then it is more expensive than an Ultra Flash.

The details on the website are still very limited so maybe this will change before release.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In that video something I had not noticed before was the thick TE F3A type rudder, wonder if they will offer a canaliser next.

Mike
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 AM
JM-PORTUGAL

New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvOQjgsSc3g

BR

João Matos
Old 11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
p-80

i really dislike the F3A style rudder. Ik its sebart ,but this is a jet therefore speed should be some what a priority. other than that really nice ,wish it had some intake ducting but that doesnt matter all to much.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
BillJohnson
Banned

Saw this fly at Jetpower 2012 by the Master himself Seb and it was without a doubt one of if not the best display I have ever seen
Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Nhalyn

ORIGINAL: p-80

i really dislike the F3A style rudder. Ik its sebart ,but this is a jet therefore speed should be some what a priority. other than that really nice ,wish it had some intake ducting but that doesnt matter all to much.
Not all the jets are made for hi-speed flights !

This one, as the Futura family, is done for aerobatics, F3A style, and eventualy a few 3D with vectorial thrust system.

This style of plane is designed for mid-range speed, hi quality trajectory, hi quality control response and precision. Speed is the lowest priority for those planes. You only need speed to have some good trajectories, no more, if you want your pattern volum is kept in a reasonable volume of flight.

If you dislike this sort of flight, please do not buy a Avantis, but a Ultra Lightning or a Firebird !
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
asimace

ORIGINAL: Nhalyn

ORIGINAL: p-80

Not all the jets are made for hi-speed flights !

This one, as the Futura family, is done for aerobatics, F3A style, and eventualy a few 3D with vectorial thrust system.

This style of plane is designed for mid-range speed, hi quality trajectory, hi quality control response and precision. Speed is the lowest priority for those planes. You only need speed to have some good trajectories, no more, if you want your pattern volum is kept in a reasonable volume of flight.

If you dislike this sort of flight, please do not buy a Avantis, but a Ultra Lightning or a Firebird !
Well said... and this thing can even do a knife edge loop without vector thrust...! amazing... (the AvantiS on show at JetPower had the thrust vector tube though)
Only problem for me is the price, a little too high for a plane with wooden iron-on covered wings and tail IMHO.
The one-piece fuel/smoke tank with integrated UAT of the AvantiS is quite pretty though.

Mauri

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90108.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1818340  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Geoff White

Another video of sebart flying. This time in South Korea. Shame about the music[:'(]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcEdfoxE5OA[/youtube]
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Xairflyer

ORIGINAL: asimace
Only problem for me is the price, a little too high for a plane with wooden iron-on covered wings and tail IMHO.
Mauri
Jet wood and covering is three as more expensive than wood/covering for a similar size warbird because it is specially designed to to absorb the loads encountered in high speed jet flight.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Nhalyn

You forgot the patent for the Seba scheme !
Old 11-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Xairflyer

Yes but Jet Paint is much to advanced for me, it has some sort of special chemical that changes the laminar flow of the air at speed
Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
PHIL GREENO

I have one on order from the first batch of kits to come to the UK. I am not worried about the wing construction as with all of Sebs models they fly great.

I like it because it is a new approach to Sport jet models with some unusal features like the 3 in one fuel tank etc. I also think it looks great and I am sure it will have very good slow flying characteristics. It will also fly on a wide range of turbines from 100-160 size.

Phil.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Amazing...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM
mungrelv8ute

Super stable hover....WOW
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 AM
mat

I am considering ordering an Avanti can someone advise of fuel tank capacity both for jetA and smoke please
Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Jets of Bergen ;-)

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

Another video of sebart flying. This time in South Korea. Shame about the music[:'(]
I think this music and the flight is very beautiful and it fits very well with mr. Silvestri's style in the air.
Maybe I'm starting to get old that like this, but we had the pleasure and experience of Mr. Silvestri JetPower Fair 2012. He flew his new airplane the same program and it was simply amazing to see and hear. I enjoy a nice flight to nice music where I can also hear the lovely turbine sound :-)

I do not think it would have been nice or fit with havy metal music for this display;-)

It's hard to make everyone happy!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Colin Gontier

I like the bit in the video where he waves to the crowd whilst its in the hover a few feet off the ground. I know its technically cheating with all those gyros but its pretty cool ! I enjoy horsing around with the foamy Sebart Mig 29 thats gyro'd and vectored up and that performs fantastically well.

Im having one !
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Geoff White

ORIGINAL: Jets of Bergen ;-)

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

I think this music and the flight is very beautiful and it fits very well with mr. Silvestri's style in the air.
Maybe I'm starting to get old that like this, but we had the pleasure and experience of Mr. Silvestri JetPower Fair 2012. He flew his new airplane the same program and it was simply amazing to see and hear. I enjoy a nice flight to nice music where I can also hear the lovely turbine sound :-)

I do not think it would have been nice or fit with havy metal music for this display;-)

It's hard to make everyone happy!!!
Ok, I should clarify my statement. I was referring to the much over used music from top gun, my heart sinks every time I hear it.

The overall flight and music is excellent as you would expect from a world class flyer.
Have to say I fancy an Avantis but can't get my head round paying that for a model that has wooden wings.
Geoff
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Colin Gontier

Geoff - don't get hung up on the price. If you like it, have one ! I had a long chat with Seba about this at Jet Power and price was part of the discussion. I know the price seems high but it is worth bearing in mind that the models will be available in stock, in the colours you want from any good dealers. Im afraid this adds considerably to the cost compared to say buying direct from one of the Far Eastern manufacturers. Not only does it add to the logistical cost of transporting, storing, distributing (not to mention dealer commission as well) but there is also import duty and in the UK 20% VAT to contend with. Not only that the manufacturing prices in China aren't getting cheaper - they are getting dearer. I can vouch for all of this first hand as it is exactly how I run my business.

So what you've got to weigh up is if you like the jet enough for what it is. The price is the price, its not Seba trying to squeeze every last penny out of your hard earned its just how he sets out his stall.

Now to get you off the fence Ive decided Im going to be stocking the Avanti's as soon they hit the UK so for the first 5 orders I will do them at a very special price - and an even more special with a turbine combo of your choice. Hows about that then ? - It will solve all the boundary problems at WTN (although may create some "hovering" issues ). And poor old Dick will be having kittens if there is a bunch of these cluttering up the air space at Abingdon !

regards

Colin

Old 11-11-2012, 12:54 AM
PHIL GREENO

Geoff,
Yes it has got built up film covered wiings and the price with retracts/triple tank/jet pipe/wiing bags is going to be well over 2 grand but it is quite a large model at 2 metres span but only weighs 9-10 kilos in non vectored form with say a 120/140 size tubine so the wing loading is going to be very low making it a very pleasant and easy model to see and fly at lower airspeeds than say a bandit or flash. We all have our 200mph sports jets which are great fun but tend to eat up a great deal of sky,with this model with its medium speed range and and what seems to be a superb performance we can enjoy a different type of flight pleasure with aerobatics to the for.Looks like it will be great for small feild flying as well.I am willing to give it a go.

Phil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.