Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GLENNIS AIRCRAFT

Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
1percenta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GLENNIS AIRCRAFT

I dont blame you, after what I've been through with them I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. It took me 13 months combined to get two sets of wheels !!! I'd get onto Sierra they make some wheels and are prompt and reliable. I reiterate though, its a pity Dennis is so tardy in all this because the product is very good. It'd be easy to say that he may have problems in his personal life, but we've all been there in one form or another. He isnt the only one that works there from what I'm told surely he'd have the common sense to delegate the correspondence to someone else.

I have dealt with several companies in the US and they wont even recommend Glennis because of the issues outlined here as they are concerned that the lack of service will reflect on their business and who could blame them. Which is a pity as he is the only one from what I've been told that puts out a top of the line scale wheel.

Hope its not too windy over there.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the thing to remember is that most of the niche manufacturers out that are backyard operators, they work full time, have families and lives outside of the hobby. They make these products out of their love for the hobby and desire to make a few dollars to supplement their income so they can afford the hobby themselves.

I do same thing, I run a little business to bring in a little bit of revenue and I simply can't take all the calls and respond when people want. Emails are easy and get responded to.

Guys suggest cutting all vendors a bit of slack, the more you hound them the more they hide under the bed as they get overwealmed and simply can not deal with the angst. Modellers can be the most impatient and rude group of people!

FFS!!

Just my 2 bob's worth
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
1percenta

Well Peter,
You do have a few good points I guess, however from the Pics I've seen of the setup at Glennis on the website, if you were a backyarder you wouldnt have CNC machines, expensive computer lathes etc like they do. I'm not sure I agree entirely about modellers being impatient and rude though, if you had hundreds of dollars of your hard earned money in my hands and I didnt give you your product for eight months or more and failed to respond to your emails or phone calls in relation to the progress of your product I think you would be perfectly entitled to be a little anxious. Dont forget Glennis is in California its not like you can just get in your car in Brisbane and drive to Surfers Paradise to check in on him.

There is a trust factor here and people have the right to be concerned. If the operation is going to run in this way, then the funds should not be asked to be furnished up front.

Common sense has struck.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
DaveZ
My Feedback: (20)

Greetings all,
I ordered and payed for a set of Palmer Tigercat Wheels and Brakes. It's been 7 months.... This is an email I received from Dennis back on September 30th.

>>>Yes, I'm sorry for the delay, my dad had a serious medical problem
and that has caused me to fall behind. They are in production now,
and I should be able to have them in a week or so. I apologize for
the delay, but I didn't expect the situation to develop the way it has

thanks

Dennis
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

I think a bit of patience, empathy as we all have our own issues to deal with. Go into it with open eyes, it will take a while but you will get a product in the end. If you want it NOW then buy a set of Dubros and go fly! QED

If you can't wait wait request a refund, I'm sure he will oblige as he would rather not have to deal with yet another customer moaning.

Agree though that timeframes are longish. Maybe as a suggest he should state up front that the wheels are made to order and delays can be up to 6 months.

Anyway probably enough bashing of the poor guy.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
1percenta

Dave
I was patient too and I had heard there were hardships in the family hence my patience. The problem is, and those in the states would know better than me, this has been going on for a long time not just of late. Now whether or not there is an illness people arent to know that and I certainly am not mean spirited enough to wish him or his family anything but the best. If you had 20 or so people sending you emails in relation to enquires, would it not be difficult to send out a collective email to all stating due to illness or personal reason orders would be delayed ? I dont think that would take too long and most people would be happy with that, I know I would. It need only be a few lines long.

Anyway, I dont want to create ill feelings as the product I have here being one set of BF 109 G6 wheels and a set of FW 190 A wheels in 1/4 scale are sensational and I am more than happy with them. If Dennis read these threads and addressed peoples issues it would help him out as far as his business is concerned and ease the stress of people buying or even worse not buying and his stress levels may ease too might I add. Thats the idea of this forum, I'd hate to see a great item go out of the market as his product is one of a kind.

No bad wishes here just a level playing field.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
1percenta

Yep,
I agree no more bashing enough has been said.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Moggy
My Feedback: (9)

My post was not meant to bash only "qualify" the extent of the situation. Everyone can appreciate a hardship and as a collective group we always support those that support us in our efforts. Business is business and when we pay for a service or a product we should have the mutual respect from the vendor. I seriously do not think Dennis would have us go to Dubro wheels just to fly because it isn't just about flying, it's about supply and demand for a product that we all feel is worthy of our hard earned money. We want him to be successful and we are willing and able to provide the currency he had deemed as appropriate for his labor and materials. It's service and communication we are lacking and that is an essential piece of rapport that goes a long way. Am I willing to wait 6 months for my wheels, hell ya, providing I know in advance that the timeline is accurate and my money isn't in a black hole.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
1percenta

I totally agree with everything you've said, I just mentioned the bashing bit in order to state that that was about all I needed to say as I dont want to get into an online battle with any of the authors to these threads as the argument is not directed at any of them. Quite the contrary, I put my opinions forward in order to let people know they are going to have to wait, there will be little to no correspondence along the way but at the end you do get your product albeit some ways down the track.

As you rightly point out if we were told that it was six months I would wait, we all hear of scams where our money has disappeared I have been a victim to that myself. So I think that the end of the story should be as you say, COMMUNICATE Dennis and everyone would be happy thats not too much to ask surely.

Mick
Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM
DaveZ

I think it's to the point of needing some boots on the ground.... Just to see if he is still alive. The company's address is listed as 5528 Arboga Rd. Olivehurst, California 95961

I live about a 10 hour drive South.... A little to far to be the boots.... The nearest big town is Sacramento. There has to be someone in the RC world that lives close....
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

think it comes down to a threshold, too many people badgering the poor guy and if he is having family health issues he will just be like a tortise, pull his ehad back into the safety of his shell and ignore the world.

the more you hound him the more he will retreat. Give him some space to breathe and sort his S#$% out.

How does your wives/girlfriends react if you are hounding them and swamping them? How do they react when you give them some space?

think about it . . .
Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
DaveZ

I'm not recommending approaching his residence by any means... I think the address is his place of business.. I think a simple knock on the door to see
if one's money is still going to produce a product is productive. Maybe one of his workers could shed some light on the matter. I'm just saying....
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
1percenta

Hey Pete,
If you went down to a car yard in Brisbane and paid up front for a car would you be happy if you had to wait eight months for your car and when you phoned the car yard or emailed them you got no response? I bet you'd have something to say.............but your right about sorting things out we've all had to do that. I just medically discharged from the Police after a serious injury at work and I am not that old. Due to new legislation put in place by our Government I can hardly get a cracker so maybe the people that are concerned about THEIR money have reason to be. The old saying "We each have a cross to bear" is ever so true. And I'll never work again due to the injury.

Anyway we can argue the toss and debate this till the cows come home, the issue isnt about us................................
Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

no its not about us but if we keep inviting this sort of negative enrgy into our lives then guess what we keep it there and attract more **** to our lives.

Anyway enough said
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He is only hour and half from me. maybe I will go check out his shop one day.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmm.......Overpriced and terrible service? Sounds like another prima donna supplier. I will never find out how special and wonderful these products are, as I hate these business practices. In this day and age, there is no excuse for a lack of communication. Take my money and sit on it for months? No way. I can find another source or make my own.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 PM
jcpenney

you got my vote. I was in the retail buz for 35 years. CUSTOMER IS NUMBER ONE. What separates the the good from the bad is #1 SERVICE #2 SERVICE #3 SERVICE. Then comes quality of product. Then SERVICE after the sale.There are other people who do this service that will not make you wait 6 months or more. If your in business and can not handle it you need to rethink the process.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Moggy

Right. this is a business not a guy doing a favor for modelers. If you read the disclaimer he poses himself as a legitimate business and a professional one at that. The disclaimer is not mutual it is unilateral which means; "take it or leave it" but pay me and I am in control of your money until I deem it appropriate to provide a product. So, with that kind of disclaimer I can only assume this is a professional business. If that is the case then run it like one. If not, then provide full disclosure so there is no misrepresentation.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaveZ

I'm not recommending approaching his residence by any means... I think the address is his place of business.. I think a simple knock on the door to see
if one's money is still going to produce a product is productive. Maybe one of his workers could shed some light on the matter. I'm just saying....
From Google maps is looks like his business is in back of his house. So approaching his business is approaching his residence.

BTW, from YELP - Yelpers report this location has closed.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Veltro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that most of you have never been the primary care giver for a family member in the final stages of life. Go ahead and knock on that front door about your toy airplane wheels, but don't be surprised when you get a fist in your mouth.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Moggy

Time to shut down this thread.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not a good idea going to someones house.

A better idea is to demand a refund and not do business again. As long as someone takes money, sits on it for months with no communication, and never ships products, they do not deserve to be in business. Regardless of the nature of the product. (toy airplane) I consider these situations criminal.

The beauty of RCU, buyer beware. Thankfully others bad experiences will save me from one.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
FireBee
My Feedback: (34)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my order went completely smooth last year.
I had a set of wheels for 1/5 Vailly Hurricane made. All arrived in under 8 weeks. They are geourgous.
R, mike
Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Moggy

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and he is a "caretaker", he still has the responsibility to provide the goods if he took the money in advance. This whole thing could be resolved with ONE simple email or answer on this website to inform those whose money he has taken that circumstances prevent him from producing the product and why. We are not vultures since we are dealing with "TOYS" and surely we have compassion for those who are in dire circumstances. But, once you take someones money and don't communicate the unusual circumstances; all bets are off. I want a set of Glennis wheels and I am willing to pay and wait but I want to know when they will be delivered; not asking for too much.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

These issues have been noted in the past, and, unfortunately, I would be lying if i said it hasn't played a pretty large factor in me never buying a set of wheels from Dennis. Maybe it goes back to Psych 105 in college....cognitive dissonance theory...there are those that simply live with this huge difference between what they know their role expectations are, and what they are actually doing....and they live with this divide between these two parts, which reaps its unhealthy outcome on those that expect what is normally expected...."how can they do this?"' "how can xxx run a business like that?", etc. It leads those who live without this psychological disagreement in their lives to believe the worst in those that do..."they just don't care", "they are crooks", etc. I am one of those who comes to the "they just don't care" ideal pretty quickly, and know that it just won't work for my needs....drives me absolutely crazy. It's a shame that the effect is what it is. A little introspection goes a long way. Hopefully the situation changes as I am certainly not much of a couch psychologist. Good luck to you guys. It is informative if nothing else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.