Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Arrow 60

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM
bcfhigdon
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrow 60

I am building an Arrow (Acromaster 60). I have looked for additional plans but no luck in finding them. I am trying to determine the length of main gear retracts. Would appreciate it if someone can let me know. Thanks Clint
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Arrow 60

Hi Clint

I've got many different plans of the Arrow and where as they vary somewhat in the dimension for the Gear height 5 " from the bottom of the wing to the ground or 6" from the center line of the wing airfoil to the ground is what I used on the plans I drew for the Arrow kits that I sell. Hope that helps.

Don 
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
J Strong
My Feedback: (18)

I'll measure mine tonight, but the 5" sounds about right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63629.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1820259  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cool you beat me to the punch Jamie
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
rodders

Jamie
That arrow looks the business.
Would you care to share some more photos or details of your arrow.

Regards
Rodders
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a good idea to measure from the engine crank to the ground with plane level. Calculate what size prop you will be using, as in 11, 12 diameter. Give yourself enough clearance for you prop and measure for your struts and wheels.

You don't want to make the struts too short or you will end up using a smaller prop than you would have normally. It's a real PITA when you have cut all your wheel wells and find out you didn't allow clearance for the prop.

Frank
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
bcfhigdon
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks Jamie that will make it easy.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please tell me where I can get one of these.
I have wanted an Arrow ever since I saw Wolfgang Matt fly his Super Arrow at the TOC in Las Vegas.
Best Regards JC
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 PM
J Strong

Just measured my Arrow, and the mains gear height, and from wing bottom to axle center is 4 7/8". Not sure on the nose retract because its all in the box with the YS 61 long stroke, pipe etc.
Took my Caylpso out to knock the dust off today, preparing for a BPA contest this weekend in Ft Walton Beach Fl. It was clocked at 104mph on the flat last summer, and it hasn't lost a thing .
I'm running Nova Rossi ABC's, with very few moving parts and runs like a clock. 14,700 14,900, static 11x7 APC. Its not a YS, but it hauls the mail .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jamie, out of curiosity, what are you propping the YS long with and what's she tachin'? This is on the Arrow right?

Is your long an R or AR?

David
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JCINTEXAS

Please tell me where I can get one of these.
I have wanted an Arrow ever since I saw Wolfgang Matt fly his Super Arrow at the TOC in Las Vegas.
Best Regards JC

I make these Arrow kits

Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
J Strong

I'm not sure which one it is, it's all still in with the box of stuff I bought with the plane. One of the YS LS's I've ran before was propped with a 11x11 for speed, but a 12x10 coming in at 10,500 is pretty close. It's all what your looking for., and pipes cut for. The 11 x11 will come in closer to 11k.
I've been really enjoying my Nova Rossi's and may get me a rear exhaust for the Arrow when I ever get around to setting it up.
Here in the Southeast, the SPA is very active, and my Favorite stuff is still 2 meter flying, but do try to hit all 3 pattern type events which usually has me doing 17-21 contest each year, no kidding.
As long as its pattern flying, I'm In !!!
Check the SPA stuff out at seniorpattern.com, its just getting better and better.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: frequent flyer

I make these Arrow kits and I have all of the kits on Sale in November.

On sale?!?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
dphillips3

This is a really cool airplane. I love mine! I am not exactly sure what kit it was but it is most definately an Arrow. It has an old school Rossi, pulling a 11X7.5 and hauls the mail!

DP#3
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90722.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	1820656  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 AM
hrdflite

the ARROW is a QUALITY LINE KIT that we own the rights to do not plagerize the ARROW .autherized kits avalable from HOBBY BARN/quality line kits.. fly the real thing not a lousy copy.P.S my ad comes out in FLY RC march issue. thanks ROB at HOBBY BARN/QUALITY LINE KITS.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
stuntflyr

I got my Arrow from RCAiir. It's super!
I'm so glad I didn't get one of those lousy ones. Who makes those?
Chris...
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Pattern One
My Feedback: (73)

Guys,

I have purchased planes from Don (rcair) and Rob at Hobby Barn and found the quality to be excellent from both.

Leo
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Just so you will know Hardflite, his Arrow was built about 35 years ago so I don't think there was any attempt to plagiarize your airplane !!!

DP2
Old 11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
dphillips3

ORIGINAL: hrdflite

the ARROW is a QUALITY LINE KIT that we own the rights to do not plagerize the ARROW .autherized kits avalable from HOBBY BARN/quality line kits.. fly the real thing not a lousy copy.P.S my ad comes out in FLY RC march issue. thanks ROB at HOBBY BARN/QUALITY LINE KITS.
So I guess I should throw my junk away and buy your junk? GREAT WAY TO DRUM UP BUSINESS DB!!!

This airplane was built before you owned the rights so who copied who?
The sad thing is I love the idea of anyone who is bringing back old pattern planes but with this attitude you can keep your junk!

DP#3
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM
stuntflyr

LOL! You said, both Dave's!
Chris...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
countilaw

ORIGINAL: dphillips3

So I guess I should throw my junk away and buy your junk? GREAT WAY TO DRUM UP BUSINESS DB!!!

The sad thing is I love the idea of anyone who is bringing back old pattern planes but with this attitude you can keep your junk!

DP#3

How do you know when Hobby Barn aquired the rights to distribut the Arrow. I know they were the distributors back in the 70's. They also were the distributer of the Magic in the 80's. If Hobby Barn has the rights to the Arrow and the Magic, then they are intitled to any profits from the distribution of the kits produced by another manufacturer/distributor. Especially if the pirated copy of the the Arrow or Magic was made from the original kits, (as in making moulds from original kits, producing copies of those moulds and selling kits from those copied moulds). I think Hobby Barn has a valid complaint.

Frank

Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
KLXMASTER14

ORIGINAL: countilaw

DP#3

How do you know when Hobby Barn aquired the rights to distribut the Arrow. I know they were the distributors back in the 70's. They also were the distributer of the Magic in the 80's. If Hobby Barn has the rights to the Arrow and the Magic, then they are intitled to any profits from the distribution of the kits produced by another manufacturer/distributor. Especially if the pirated copy of the the Arrow or Magic was made from the original kits, (as in making moulds from original kits, producing copies of those moulds and selling kits from those copied moulds). I think Hobby Barn has a valid complaint.

Frank

Oh boy,
Here we go again. Grown men arguing about the vast fortune at stake from who owns (an ancient) toy airplane design. Really?

I have the solution- I'm going to design a NEW "Classic" pattern airplane. Then you can all copy me!!! Ha Ha. Flame suit on.
-Robert
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM
dphillips3

ORIGINAL: countilaw

DP#3

Frank

Oh well, I guess in that case were do I send my money? I bought this airplane three years ago at a swap meet for 15 dollars I guess he is entitled to at least 10% of that for copyright infringment. I will pay up. LOL

It is people like this who have killed classic pattern. They have kept the rights to a certain airplane locked in their basement until someone else has to clone it just so we can have one. Then this fella comes out of the closet screaming that is his airplane.

DP#3

By the way this guy doesn't even know what airplane I have. Hell It could be one of his original kits. So is he calling his original airplane plajerized junk?
sad thing is I just got on here to comment on what a great airplane I thought mine was. I am having second thoughts. lol
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 AM
hrdflite

sensitive . you are  hmmmm.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 AM
hrdflite

i must be misstaken .sounded like you are offering a kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.