Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New DX18QQ Quique S edition

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New DX18QQ Quique S edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New DX18QQ Quique S edition

ORIGINAL: John Redman

The 2 receivers and transmitter case are a solid $400+ value.

Very similar to the original Kraft Signature Series radio of 1977, 78, and I think 79. Special programming only available for these customers.
I really wish it was more like the Kraft Signature series and the EK Logictrol Championship custom radios. They were specially produced for you, the owner, and came with your own name on them, not someone else's...

What is unique about 2000 radios all identical with QQ's name on them?...
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thomas B

What is unique about 2000 radios all identical with QQ's name on them?...

With that said... I wonder if that's 2000 for the world... or the USA? Also... how many regular DX18's have been sold? I can't say that I've seen one at any of the fields I fly at... so... is 2000 radio's even a realistic "Limited" number.

Not complaining, or anything. Just saying.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Everyone quit whining like Bob-O said...... Just go out and spend that "Gift" that Mitt said Obama handed out to win the election.....just use the Promo Code OB Freebie on the HH order site and soon you will have the gold clad QQ on your doorstep...

Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 PM
PropsnWings
My Feedback: (9)

When I bought my DX18 the LHS stocked 5 of them, and were selling them out every week. I see lots of them at fields. 

I too, though would not want someone else's name on my Tx, a signature sure, but not block lettered name.  That would be cooler if it said my name on that spot  

again, a bold move 5 months after release of the original version... a move that is highly likely to bite them back.

as now we are being told the hardware is different and the software would not work on the original... so I restate my point... who do you think is going to get better software support? the few or the many.... I know how that works, and is why even if given the choice, would pick the DX18 over the DX18QQ.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 PM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

"I too, though would not want someone else's name on my Tx, a signature sure, but not block lettered name. "

Maybe I can get Spektrum to make me a case w/o their name on it?

HEY BOB...we have to know....are you buying the Victoria's Secret stuff for you, the wife, or the GF?  I swear I heard someone say your thong looked real good at the field the other day!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

Come on Horizon. Show is the customer service we know your capable of and offer the same software updates on the non QQ. I bought one of the first ones because I was told how easy these updates would be with the SD card etc. now you offer nearly the same exact thing with a tad bit of bling. Sure that's cool and I can respect a special edition (all the extras make the cost worth the price). But I absolutely fail to see the point of not offering new improved software updates for my standard version. I know things are always being improved on new models and that's great but now it feels like you said to all of the standard DX18 owners that our "new" pro class radios are just the sub standard half assed software versions. Yes I do like the radio at the price point. Keep me coming back by standing behind a product.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

HEY BOB...we have to know....are you buying the Victoria's Secret stuff for you, the wife, or the GF? I swear I heard someone say your thong looked real good at the field the other day!
Come up to Honey Grove TX the week after Thanksgiving and get your answer.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: smitty1001

Kraft had special programming? There was programming in 1977? I was only 1 so I missed that!

Yup, new DX18 last week along with a local buddy [:@] HH takes the money without even a hint... [:'(]

That's ok with me - a little too ''skateboard'' for me and I don't really care for someone's name all over my tx [8D]

It would've been nice to have a different rx choice with the ''regular'' dx-18 though, I think even with the x-pander 9+8 is still 17?!?! Surely they'll figure out how to get all 18 in one box before too much longer... I also would imagine we'll eventually have access to the software updates. Interested in the ''3 position turbine trim?''

For the money the legacy dx-18 still seems to be a good deal, like goose I need some new receivers and a case.
i prefer not to have a celebrity's name attached to anything i buy. if his life turned negative like he did something really deplorable ,something that society found repulsive ,then your stuck with a product that has an unfavorable shadow cast on it.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

Kraft had special programming? There was programming in 1977? I was only 1 so I missed that!

Yup, new DX18 last week along with a local buddy [:@] HH takes the money without even a hint... [:'(]

That's ok with me - a little too ''skateboard'' for me and I don't really care for someone's name all over my tx [8D]

It would've been nice to have a different rx choice with the ''regular'' dx-18 though, I think even with the x-pander 9+8 is still 17?!?! Surely they'll figure out how to get all 18 in one box before too much longer... I also would imagine we'll eventually have access to the software updates. Interested in the ''3 position turbine trim?''

For the money the legacy dx-18 still seems to be a good deal, like goose I need some new receivers and a case.
i prefer not to have a celebrity's name attached to anything i buy. if his life turned negative like he did something really deplorable ,something that society found repulsive ,then your stuck with a product that has an unfavorable shadow cast on it.

That ain't no lie !!!! I spent a fortune on Tiger Woods golf clubs and now I can't give them away !!! I donated them to the local Battered Women's Center and took the tax deduction... [X(]

Danno
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
marquisvns

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

Both are a great value, and the best link available in my opinion.. So those that adopted early, we all have a great transmitter.. I bought it for the link alone.. programming can be learned or adapted.. dont forget we flew jets with Super 8's, Fut 9, 9303's, and 10X's.. This radio is a big improvement over those generations...

Airware is still fully supported.. dont know where that statement came from..

Yes, I hope HH maintains inter-compatability between QQ and Std models.. Im sure they have considered that.. Anyone from HH know?

If you use a throttle cut, you do not lose a channel. it works just like any other radio's throttle cut.. just lowers the th channel PW by set amount in radio..

I flew a full season with the Std.. its still the best transmitter I have used.. I didnt really find any major limitations..

I do hope they enable the three step throttle trim.. I would think that is easily done in Airware.. HH please consider that one ported down.. Canard programming would be cool, but it can easily be done in the Std radio.. 6 servo wings can also be done.. using the dual input capability and channel assignment.. I dont know what else is exclusive.. I just like the looks of the new one, but I still would have bought the std instead of holding out... it has been perfect and my links have been solid.. I simply bought it over the 12x because of the dual antenna.. dont underestimate that important point.. THat alone is a huge improvement...

the QQ is a good value even if it had the standard programming because of the extras..so I do hope HH does port down most or all the doo dads to the Std.. I would think maintaining two separate SW loads is more difficult than commonizing them..assuming the hardware is the same.. my2C...
You are absolutely correct on throttle cut, my bad. I couldn't agree more on everything else you mentioned, thank you goose.

Fender, I think I remember George told me that FATuba is a musical instrument, thanks but I don't play brass : )

Barry
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 PM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: Tom Antlfinger

Everyone quit whining like Bob-O said...... Just go out and spend that ''Gift'' that Mitt said Obama handed out to win the election.....just use the Promo Code OB Freebie on the HH order site and soon you will have the gold clad QQ on your doorstep...

I bet if you are a supporter of comrade Bama you might get one!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Thomas, do you mean something like this ?

BTW the switches are my experiment with dual rates. They did not exist.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97664.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1821659  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

That ain't no lie !!!! I spent a fortune on Tiger Woods golf clubs and now I can't give them away !!! I donated them to the local Battered Women's Center and took the tax deduction... [X(]

Danno
One more reason not to have a signature edition of the DX18QQ. If Quique was to ever attack anyone with his DX18QQ, the radio would not be worth squat and then have to be given to a homeliess shelter for a tax decduction.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Tom Antlfinger

[/quote]
I bet if you are a supporter of comrade Bama you might get one
[/quote]

Uncle Tom:

A new word and smiley for your lexicon........ = Satire..........For definition of satire, go to www.dictionary.com.......;)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Tom Antlfinger

ORIGINAL: Jack Diaz

Thomas, do you mean something like this ?

BTW the switches are my experiment with dual rates. They did not exist.

Hi Jack:

When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in 1970, I had a tour of the Kraft plant in Vista......Phil and Doug Spreng were geniuses along with Bob Dunham (love that Orbit Reed.....had a HAL 10 ages ago) as well as Oddino and Salkowski......

New versions of the Super Radios were coming out every six month, I'm sure you remember.....lots of whining back then and from this thread looks like it is not yet dead......

Jane almost locked me out of the house when I paid $1000.00 for a single stick Signature in 1978.....

Looks like you have a very nice collection........

Tom
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
DavidR

[/quote]

This has got to win the most retarded post of the year award. We are talking about a model airplane guy, and a nice guy at that. I'm betting the radio will still fly your airplanes even if QQ steps to the dark side and starts wearing Bob-O-s skidded up Thongs...
Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Tom Antlfinger

Paying for bling ain't nothin' new.......If memory serves, the Kraft Signature Placard was engraved by an upscale jeweler in downtown Vista.......

TA
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Jack Diaz

Tom, great old times.

I too spent a few days with Phil Kraft at Vista developing the first Helicopter radio. I brought him my design and he did the software and the radio (it had a switch that reversed the controls for inverted flight). Mike Mas had the original idea and helped me with the programing logic.

My dad paid 1500$ for the first proportional radio early 60's. Its name was "Space Control". I wish I had it, but I have no clue where it ended up [:@]

Jack
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Tom Antlfinger

ORIGINAL: Jack Diaz

Tom, great old times.

I too spent a few days with Phil Kraft at Vista developing the first Helicopter radio. I brought him my design and he did the software and the radio (it had a switch that reversed the controls for inverted flight). Mike Mas had the original idea and helped me with the programing logic.

My dad paid 1500$ for the first proportional radio early 60's. Its name was ''Space Control''. I wish I had it, but I have no clue where it ended up [:@]

Jack
Our dads had great taste in radios.....my dad ordered one of those red anodized aluminum cased Space Controls when I was a senior in high school in 1960, I believe.....no idea where it is now......some dump site for sure.....Herschel Toomim made less than 200 of them.....sound familiar........only 2000 QQ's.........

Zel Ritchie took over Space Control and originally hooked up with Bob Dunham at Orbit.....then Doug Spreng and Don Mathes further improved on the concept which eventually became my first Kraft radio, the Gold Medal Series......

I remember when Toomim's partner, Super Stick of the 60's, Zel Ritchie, was flying pattern in the Nats back then, using that Space Control, I think flying an AstroHog......

Sorry to hijack this thread, but history sure repeats itself.......

TA
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
PropsnWings

You'd think both sides would all learn from history, huh?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

This thread is getting HILARIOUS!!!

Z
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

I don't care to own anything "branded" with someone pimping a product. I really wanted the DX18.... not so much anymore. Really liking my JR 11 channel radio. I am not going to upgrade my three radios every time someone puts a new coco-puff in the package.

I see the "fallen one" is back representing us at the 2013 international contest. I about puked.

ORIGINAL: Bob_B
Quique Somenzini is a World champion pilot. He is the originator of 3D manuevers hence his logo.
He is one of the most humble individuals you will ever meet. He is a long time friend.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I don't care to own anything ''branded'' with someone pimping a product. I really wanted the DX18.... not so much anymore. Really liking my JR 11 channel radio. I am not going to upgrade my three radios every time someone puts a new coco-puff in the package.

I see the ''fallen one'' is back representing us at the 2013 international contest. I about puked.

Quique Somenzini is a World champion pilot. He is the originator of 3D manuevers hence his logo.
He is one of the most humble individuals you will ever meet. He is a long time friend.
I'm not here to bash but the name thing is an issue, I've had two incidences where the computer program locked up and had to be sent back to Horizon, hope that doesn't happen while flying. Pretty radio but many bells and whistles. that's my .02 worth
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 AM
PropsnWings

ORIGINAL: airega1

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I don't care to own anything ''branded'' with someone pimping a product. I really wanted the DX18.... not so much anymore. Really liking my JR 11 channel radio. I am not going to upgrade my three radios every time someone puts a new coco-puff in the package.

I see the ''fallen one'' is back representing us at the 2013 international contest. I about puked.

I'm not here to bash but the name thing is an issue, I've had two incidences where the computer program locked up and had to be sent back to Horizon, hope that doesn't happen while flying. Pretty radio but many bells and whistles. that's my .02 worth
I have heard this now maybe 2 or 3 times, but I have not had any issues with my DX18. Has been a very good value, and I am still happy with the choice.

Now on the cheaper end of the spectrum (pun intended) I had a DX5e from a Sim package, that just out of the blue, the left gimbal decided to stop working. Sent it in, they sent me a new transmitter. With anything, things can and will fail. There are no guarantees in life, except we all pay taxes, and life is not eternal on earth.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

A new word and smiley for your lexicon........ = Satire..........For definition of satire, go to www.dictionary.com.......;)
[/quote]
Oh I get it Tom just having a little fun. I do think H.H. s##t in their mess kit on this one, just too close of a release I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.