Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

bad EZ Starter motor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM
stalefishsk8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad EZ Starter motor?

hey fella's, when i am trying to start up the T-Maxx with the EZ Starter that came with the truck back in 2003, it'll crank the engine till there is fuel in it and it sounds like its wants to fire but even though the engine isn't flooded it'll stop working and the LED for the motor will go out on the EZ starter thing? i am going back to the pull starter when i get to the money to be one from my LHS
Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: bad EZ Starter motor?

Take out the harness for the glow plug.  Put a glowplug alone on it and try to start it. If it sparks, the problem is the motor.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
stalefishsk8er

ORIGINAL: collector1231

Take out the harness for the glow plug. Put a glowplug alone on it and try to start it. If it sparks, the problem is the motor.

so basically grab on extra glow plug, put next to the engine with the wire hooked up to it and then try to start it?

Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Zrock

how old is the battery you are using for the starter? it may be coming to the end of its life and does not have the juice anymore.. got a battery you can borrow that is a little newer?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try tapping on the side of the ez start motor case, some corrosion may have built up while sitting.... mpb
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
stalefishsk8er

got it to work for now until i can go to my LHS and buy a new pull starter for the truck