Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

rcm plans gone under??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 AM
45cal
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rcm plans gone under??

tried to go to rcmplans.com today and got some weired web page (web sulitions) in small print it stated rcmplans has exipred wating renewal or deletion. tried search on aol.google and yahoo same page came up. I just got the kaos60 about 2 mo. ago and was wanting to order the corkscrew plans.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rcm plans gone under??

ORIGINAL: 45cal

tried to go to rcmplans.com today and got some weired web page (web sulitions) in small print it stated rcmplans has exipred wating renewal or deletion. tried search on aol.google and yahoo same page came up. I just got the kaos60 about 2 mo. ago and was wanting to order the corkscrew plans.
hopefully its just a domain renewal issue.
Bob
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
R_G
My Feedback: (1)

It seems to be working now: [link=http://www.rcmplans.com/]http://www.rcmplans.com/[/link]

RG
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Red_Jeepster

I placed an order for a plan on July 12 2012 and as of Aug 27th I have yet to receive it. They took my $ the same day.
I have sent 2 emails with NO response.
Anyone have any info?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
N1EDM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep trying with the email. The response is usually "Oh, they just went out today". You're not the first to report this problem. It seems to be the way that they are functioning. A lot of people are disappointed with the legacy that RCM has left.

Bob
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Back up today.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Red_Jeepster

So I called RCM PLANS and spoke to a nice woman who told me they were working on my order that day, and it would be sent out immediately. I hope all IS WELL at RCM PLANS - I use them often. Never had this occur before.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep in mind that it's very likely that the "RCM Plans Store" is one of the old partners or his wife that is running a single machine that makes black line prints from vellum masters and mails them out. It's not some big place with 12 or 15 folks working there. So likely real life interferes. I know there's been a few stories but for the most part he/she/they seem to get the plans out to those that order them.... just not quickly.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Red_Jeepster

That was the impression I got when talking to her. I sure do hope nothing changes - in a negative way. RCM plans are top notch, and have me hooked!

UPDATE! Plans arrived today (9-7-12) - in rolled tube as ordered!
Glad to know all is still well at RCM Plans.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM
patternflyer76

I ordered plans at the first of September and have not received them. I went to their website to get a number to call and check, but the website is gone. They debited my account the same day I ordered them as well. Does anyone know the number????

Old 10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: patternflyer76

I ordered plans at the first of September and have not received them. I went to their website to get a number to call and check, but the website is gone. They debited my account the same day I ordered them as well. Does anyone know the number????

site's up right now. I copied the phones here:

RCM Plans
P.O. Box 1565
Gold Beach, OR 97444
541-247-2222
toll free: 877-247-2290

I'll never use 'em. I remember how the magazine abandoned us.
Your results may differ. Just my opinion.

Dave Olson
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
N1EDM

Patternflyer, let us know how you make out.

Bob
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 AM
patternflyer76

November 2nd now. No word, no plans, no money refund.... No contact except a recording that says they are up and running now.... I was able to leave a voice recording this time... I hope they get it...

Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
spitfireguy

As Amatter of fact, I ordered a set of plans from them 2 days prior to your posting, and some 4 months later I still haven't recieved them. Their phone message says they are up and running again, but nobody answers emails or phone messages.

I would really like to know whats going on there because they took my money quick enough.
If anybody has any info, I'd appreciate it.

The plans I ordered were for a .40 size cloud dancer.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
45cal

I exchange e-mail with someone from another site, after waiting 71 days he sent them certifed mail checking on plans. what he said was their old computer system went down and had to get someone from out of town/state to fix it. he also said 10 days after they got letter he got his plans. thinking of doing same as he did with copy of paid order.(ran my card same day of order)
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
daleflysrc
My Feedback: (26)

I to have had issues with them !! I ordered a set of plans & the illustrated plans guide on Aug. the 11th and just this past Friday recieved the guide !! No plans yet !! Guide is a JOKE !! Not like the original two !! just a condensed copy, stapled in the middle !! I got the same recording as previous post stated ! computer issues, long travel to resolve it ! ect. ect. ect. Sent several e-mails and phone calls !! No reply or answers yet ! Hope it comes soon or I may contact the States Attorney General !!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they only work 1-2 days a week. It is a legacy business run by the last member of the magazine staff who inherited the rights. They shut the mag down without telling anyone who worked for it 10 years ago. They are just keeping it going. Speed they dont promise.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 AM
spitfireguy

well, I'm happy to report that after 3 months and several emails, I finally recieved my plans. They are beautiful and worth the wait. However, there was still no reason to wait as long as I had to, but I have them now. They even came with a fancy sticker, an iron on patch, and a coupon for $5 off my next order. I think I'll try them again-this time knowing I shouldn't be in a hurry.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Mooney_driver

ORIGINAL: Scar

I'll never use 'em. I remember how the magazine abandoned us.
Your results may differ. Just my opinion.
Dave, Ithink that is an unfair statement. The magazine "abondoned us" because we abandoned them. They were loosing money and with fewer and fewer subscribers they probably had no choice but to stop producing a magazine. I did love that magazine though. Another that Iliked was Scale RC Modeler. Ihave not seen any USA produced magazines that interest me at all. Ihave seen a couple British magazines that looked good but the cost was too high for me to subscribe and they do not show up on the newstand in any department stores Iget into!

I get the impression that the current owners of RCM plans service bought that part of it when RC Modeler Magazine went under. Ido not know why some people posting here have no problem at all with them and get their plans quickly while others wait months and get ignored when attempts are made to find out why.Ihave yet to order any plans from them but have a long list that I would like to order. Iam not sure Iwill ever get to order them due to finances and with the chatter in this thread it makes me a bit cautious about ordering from them anyway but RCM had a lot of planes that Iliked.

Hopefully RCMPlans gets their act together.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM
mac49
My Feedback: (5)

There maybe hope for the plans I ordered in September than. I suspect that the popular plans they carry in stock are sent quickly. I ordered a set of the Ansaldo SVA 5 and I doubt that it is very popular or modeled very frequently and would need to be printed.

I have found the British scale modeler's magazines at my local Barnes and Nobles in Silverdale WA.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 AM
N1EDM

Mooney Driver, I have to agree with your comments regarding RCM. But I also have to admit that when I read an old issue from, say, 1987 that had over 300 pages as opposed to one produced in 2005, there was a definite shift in editorial content. A lot of the good columns were still there but their product reviews had shifted to the typical "everything is perfect" scenario. They were at the mercy of the advertisers. Earlier, they were a strong magazine with a lot of clout. Later, they had to scramble for every dollar. If memory serves, they even skipped an issue in 2005 before they folded - my guess was that that was due to low finances as well.

IMHO, regarding SRCM, there was a change in editors. The new editor made comments which always seemed to set a negative tone. But I also feel that there was a shift away from Scale at the time of that magazine's demise and many pilots were not that interested, hence a shrinking customer base. That's a shame as well.

With the advent of PC's, I can't see why RCM&E can't set up a small US office or via email, to have its publication distributed over here. I understand that it's an exceptional magazine, but at $100/year for subscription, I can't afford it either. I'd love to be a subscriber, if I hit the Lottery.

Just my humble $.02

Bob
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM
kdc

Well the English RCME publishes a USA edition called RC Model Aeroplane. http://www.modelflying.co.uk/news/ar...preview/13748/ For your 99 dollar subscription you get 13 issues a year and each seems to have a fullsize free plan, the extra ( 13th ) Autumn edition usually has a large plan. This Autumn one was a 66 inch .90 size Harvard. Latest edition Dec 2012 has a full size plan for a .25 sports plane 500sq inch wing. Also subscribers get access to 5 years of back issues online free too I dont think any other English language RC magazine is any better value! I am sure it would be cheaper if the Dollar was stronger.... RCME is cheaper to you now than RCM was to us in England 12 years ago! All their old plans are from MyHobbyStores too.
RC ModelWorld is pretty similar to RCME and has free plans most months.
But if Scale is your interest then Flying Scale Models is still published in England by a new publisher now. Also has free plan most months. Same publisher has RC Model Flyer and also promises a NEW Aeromodeller soon.

May I suggest to those of us feeling the increased cost of everything that one way of economising on magazine costs is for several people each to subscribe to a different magazine and swop around so everyone sees several mags. Just work out who keeps the free RCME plans first though.....
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
45cal

just to let everyone know, I got my plans today!!  22 aug till 19 nov, had a nice note saying thank you for your patience and support. they also included a $5.00 off next order and some extra goodies.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
spitfireguy

That's good news indeed. I sent them a message to say thanks and the plans are worth the painfully long wait. They responded positively saying "thanks for the kind words, we really appreciate your patience and we hope to get back to the 2-3 week delivery times"

So thanks again to rcm plans and I will definitely order from them again soon.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
patternflyer76

I finally got an email response that stated my plans will shipped soon. It also mentioned a computer crash that caused the delay. They also said something about included goodies. I should get them in a couple days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.