Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Rick - will be thinking of you tomorrow - let us know how your daughter makes out.
T&C
THANK YOU Tom and Cindy!!! you guys are awesome!! Thanks to all my friends out there who wish our little girl,(allmost 16)well... she will be going thru 6.5hrs of back surgery tomorrow that no one should ever have to endure.... we are worried but know the drs. at Strong Hospital orthapedics are amoung the best in the world, and that she will hopefully not wake up in pain everyday and begin to participate in the sports again maby sometime.... hate to see her suffer.... thanks for the well wishes and prayers... you are all great people... will post tomorrow night how it went...
Thanks again, Rick P.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta trust the doctor Rick I've had back surgery myself. Good luck to your daughter. Your right they are the best in the world.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Gotta trust the doctor Rick I've had back surgery myself. Good luck to your daughter. Your right they are the best in the world.
Phew..long day!!! up before 5am,at Strong Memorial Hospital by a little after 6.. checked cassie in, met with Dr Rubery and anethesiast(sp) and all the rns nurses and staff and into surgery by 7am!!! GOLISANO CHILDRENS ORTHOPEDIACS.. you are amazing... in o.r. from 7am until 1;45 about 6 1/2 hrs of surgery, they fused 7 vertibre(sp) and installed a titanium rod in her back... think she grew over 2"!!!! took a while to get her into a room but she was alert and wiggling toes and fingers moving hands and feet,Dr. was happy with outcome. I was at hospital untill about 8pm,she was responsive and restless... thats our little girl!! she did really well took it like a trooper,and besides saying "it felt like i got ran over by a truck,"all is good... what a relief!! thanks to all of you and your well wishes,it means alot to us to know you care!!the Drs will have her on her feet tomorrow,and start therapy. Sarah is staying overnight at hosp. with her and i had to come home to let dogs out,pick up younger kids etc... feed and get them to bed, and clean up one ooops by our older dog..LOL.. now back to boats!!!! hydros are coming along pretty good tried out the new cans of WEST SYSTEMS tonight... nice pumps,makes it alot easier to mix, will see how it sands out after hospital trip tomorrow... mine is on its way to exterior being sealed and toms deck is started. will post some more pics later!!
Thanks again, Rick P.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Canadian LoCo

nice that's good news I'm glad to hear that all went well for your daugther and now for a great and speedy recovery my wishes
got out to her and the rest of your family.

Regards
Luc
Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: rickyak55

Phew..long day!!! up before 5am,at Strong Memorial Hospital by a little after 6.. checked cassie in, met with Dr Rubery and anethesiast(sp) and all the rns nurses and staff and into surgery by 7am!!! GOLISANO CHILDRENS ORTHOPEDIACS.. you are amazing... in o.r. from 7am until 1;45 about 6 1/2 hrs of surgery, they fused 7 vertibre(sp) and installed a titanium rod in her back... think she grew over 2''!!!! took a while to get her into a room but she was alert and wiggling toes and fingers moving hands and feet,Dr. was happy with outcome. I was at hospital untill about 8pm,she was responsive and restless... thats our little girl!! she did really well took it like a trooper,and besides saying ''it felt like i got ran over by a truck,''all is good... what a relief!! thanks to all of you and your well wishes,it means alot to us to know you care!!the Drs will have her on her feet tomorrow,and start therapy. Sarah is staying overnight at hosp. with her and i had to come home to let dogs out,pick up younger kids etc... feed and get them to bed, and clean up one ooops by our older dog..LOL.. now back to boats!!!! hydros are coming along pretty good tried out the new cans of WEST SYSTEMS tonight... nice pumps,makes it alot easier to mix, will see how it sands out after hospital trip tomorrow... mine is on its way to exterior being sealed and toms deck is started. will post some more pics later!!
Thanks again, Rick P.
Glad all went well. We're praying for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 AM
waltk

Rick, happy to hear things went well with your daughter. Regards to all.
Walt
Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM
advanced builder

sorry Craig ,I'm staying away from that thruway.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Rick, you may want to give the West's a second day to cure. I've found that, after only a day, it tends to clog up sand paper but after two days it doesn't nearly as much. Which hardener are you using, 205, 206, 207 or 209? I normally go with the 206 and 209 so that may make a difference
Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Blackout

sorry Craig ,I'm staying away from that thruway.
No problem Neil, Bob and my brother stopped by to help. We made good progress today. And your axe came in handy as well. We are almost there.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
gassertom

Rick - glad to hear the surgery went well for your daughter.  Tell her we're thinking of her and to do what the Dr's tell her to do.
Keep us updated.
T&C
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Rick, you may want to give the West's a second day to cure. I've found that, after only a day, it tends to clog up sand paper but after two days it doesn't nearly as much. Which hardener are you using, 205, 206, 207 or 209? I normally go with the 206 and 209 so that may make a difference
yes... definately better on second day... they said to get barn about 90degrees and it will cure faster... am using 206 slow... they are not kidding about the slow!!! i noticed that the filletts where i used micro ballons went much better... but not doing whole boat in micro balloons...lol we probably should have got the medium hardener mas is faster...also found that if scraped with a scraper or razor blade a bit first it helps too..
thanks,Rick

Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 PM
parshallboatworks

another day at hospital... the rn was excited to see how well cassie is doing.... she is a trooper!!! she was in chair sitting up today,and using the "pain button" much less today.. a good sign!!! she sat for almost 3 hrs(Drs wanted at least an hr.) the first time and the second time for an hour but was tired and wanted to go to sleep so got back into bed with basically no asistance from nurse... the nurse said this is amazing! tomorrow they will have her walk around nurses station three times in the day... cassie is excited cause she is sick of being in bed.. like her dad she dont sit well...LOL... they are just waiting for her digestive system to get back to working right before she can eat again... she is doing real well and we appreciate all the kind words and care from everyone!!she is a fighter... and is on the comeback road!!!! thanks everyone will keep you posted... I am going to work on freshour rd tomorrow and friday as its going to be crappy next week and over weekend... HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all... overeat and enjoy, we are going to do thanksgiving next week when cassie comes home!!!
Rick
Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 AM
Blackout

another day at hospital... the rn was excited to see how well cassie is doing.... she is a trooper!!! she was in chair sitting up today,and using the ''pain button'' much less today.. a good sign!!! she sat for almost 3 hrs(Drs wanted at least an hr.) the first time and the second time for an hour but was tired and wanted to go to sleep so got back into bed with basically no asistance from nurse... the nurse said this is amazing! tomorrow they will have her walk around nurses station three times in the day... cassie is excited cause she is sick of being in bed.. like her dad she dont sit well...LOL[img][/img]... they are just waiting for her digestive system to get back to working right before she can eat again... she is doing real well and we appreciate all the kind words and care from everyone!! she is a fighter[img][/img]... and is on the comeback road!!!! thanks everyone will keep you posted... I am going to work on freshour rd tomorrow and friday as its going to be crappy next week and over weekend... HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all... overeat and enjoy, we are going to do thanksgiving next week when cassie comes home!!!
Rick
Glad to hear good news! Good idea to move Thanksgiving to next week for your family.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Billk44

yes... definately better on second day... they said to get barn about 90degrees and it will cure faster... am using 206 slow... they are not kidding about the slow!!! i noticed that the filletts where i used micro ballons went much better... but not doing whole boat in micro balloons...lol we probably should have got the medium hardener mas is faster...also found that if scraped with a scraper or razor blade a bit first it helps too..
thanks,Rick

Hey Rick,
Did you scrape or wipe off the epoxy after about 15 minutes?
Bill
Old 11-22-2012, 03:12 PM
gassertom

To All,

Hope your T-Day was a good one.  

Is anyone doing anything about fuel - trying get our "ducks" in order for next year and this is one of the things that has not been determined yet for our 2013 season.  Want to get 1 case of 50% at best possible cost.

Thanks, T&C
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Billk44

thanks,Rick

Hey Rick,
Bill
Hey Bill,
Yup.... put it on scrape it down with a credit card... only thing i use credit cards for... LOL...much less sanding...

Old 11-22-2012, 07:32 PM
parshallboatworks

Happy Thanksgiving to all hope everything went well for all. I started out for work this AM and got busy chatting wilt Lynn B. (working on his house and deck..) and checking out his boats.... (so much for working...) he picked up some boats that are way ahead of their time... mike knows the boats... very nice!!! then Lynns mom showed up (also had done alot of work for her this summer...) and chatted some more........ so much for work...LOL.. so i decided to go flying.. flew the new 111cc extra 260 and the 55cc extra 330... beautiful day, thankful for that!!! then went to Strong to visit cassie... she did three walks around nurses station, like drs wanted, got to use toilet... like drs were waiting for... sorry for graphics... so she was rewarded with some jello and a popsicle!!!!! first thing besides water and ice chips since tuesday. she was excited!!! she is getting herself in and out of bed to chair unasisted.... looking much more comfy and losing hoses and cords a little at a time...she now has one iv line in and o2 sensor on fingertip!!! her best friend(blackouts niece) came to visit tonight and that made her day!!!things are going very well and nurse and Drs say she is days ahead of where most people are at this time of recovery!! looking like her coming home time is going to be sat or monday!!!! so proud of her!!! thanks for all the well wishes and kind words,you are all great people!!many many things to be thankful for!!!! also looking forward to a fat turkey and all the fixins this week when she comes home!!! glad we waited..
again, happy thanksgiving to all.
Rick P.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 PM
parshallboatworks

Happy Thanksgiving to all hope everything went well for all. I started out for work this AM and got busy chatting wilt Lynn B. (working on his house and deck..) and checking out his boats.... (so much for working...) he picked up some boats that are way ahead of their time... mike knows the boats... very nice!!! then Lynns mom showed up (also had done alot of work for her this summer...) and chatted some more........ so much for work...LOL.. so i decided to go flying.. flew the new 111cc extra 260 and the 55cc extra 330... beautiful day, thankful for that!!! then went to Strong to visit cassie... she did three walks around nurses station, like drs wanted, got to use toilet... like drs were waiting for... sorry for graphics... so she was rewarded with some jello and a popsicle!!!!! first thing besides water and ice chips since tuesday. she was excited!!! she is getting herself in and out of bed to chair unasisted.... looking much more comfy and losing hoses and cords a little at a time...she now has one iv line in and o2 sensor on fingertip!!! her best friend(blackouts niece) came to visit tonight and that made her day!!!things are going very well and nurse and Drs say she is days ahead of where most people are at this time of recovery!! looking like her coming home time is going to be sat or monday!!!! so proud of her!!! thanks for all the well wishes and kind words,you are all great people!!many many things to be thankful for!!!! also looking forward to a fat turkey and all the fixins this week when she comes home!!! glad we waited..
again, happy thanksgiving to all.
Rick P.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Billk44

thanks,Rick

Hey Rick,
Bill
Hey Bill,
Yup.... put it on scrape it down with a credit card... only thing i use credit cards for... LOL...much less sanding...

p.s. then because i am a cabinet maker-woodworker by trade,i use a cabinet scraper to work it down when dry.... kinda like cheating.... but i can get an awesome finish this way...lol
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Blackout

Rick, I knew you would be flying!

Tom, I can put a fuel order in with Technology Hobbies over the winter, but I don't have the time to do it now. It will most likely be more expensive than what Pete's club does. You may want to contact Pete to see what his price will be next year. He may even have some left over that he can bring up with him on Sunday. He's coming to my place Sunday at 2:00.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 AM
advanced builder

We can team up with Pete on the fuel. I f you want Red Max or what he decides on going with.
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL .99 glow plugs up to 30 pluges if you get 10 of each. http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...riday-Specials
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM
parshallboatworks

Cassie is home today!!! tuesday she had spinal surgery,7vert fused to 2 titanium rods,6 1/2 hrs of surgery... 5 days later the Drs. released her, saying she had an amazing recovery!! Eating, walking,climbing stairs....... she is a trooper!!! thank you all for the prayers and well wishes!!! still a long road to full recovery,but she is home!! no more 45min rides to Strong hospital,no more tubes,wires and other stuff hooked up to our little girl!!! Gollisanos childrens hospital staff and Dr Rubery are amazing!!
Rick
Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM
parshallboatworks

back to boats!!! here are the paternal twins!! coming along nicely and notice driver.... guess the didnt have full face helmets back then... sorrytime to finish sealing!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Blackout

Looking good Rick!

The island should be dug out enough now. The highest spot should be about 1.5 feet under the water at full pool and the east side, where lane 1 will be, should be almost 3 feet under. Thanks to all that helped!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Looking good Rick!

The island should be dug out enough now. The highest spot should be about 1.5 feet under the water at full pool and the east side, where lane 1 will be, should be almost 3 feet under. Thanks to all that helped!
That sound good Craig Did you notice Zippkits new 45 twin COMING SOON a 45 post on IW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.