Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Making your own color scheme, have you ever?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Making your own color scheme, have you ever?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:42 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making your own color scheme, have you ever?

I do the color schemes on my planes the way that I want, I could care less if some scale nut has a problem with it. In my opinion, painting these models is an art form and I take advantage of that artistic license to paint my planes the way I want. On a few planes, I've designed the scheme around how I would have decorated the full scale plane if I would have been the pilot. For an example, here's my P-47.

I also like to do "what if", or alternate history type scenarios. There's a great series of books by Harry Turtledove that details the future conflicts that would have happened if the Confederacy would have won the War Between the States. I currently working on a Hellcat that I'm going to do in the ficticious scheme of the Confederate States Air Force. It takes a little imagination, but it's worth it to have a plane that no one else has.

Build and paint your plane the way you see fit and just have fun with it. If someone else doesn't like it, tough nuts. Tell the to build their own.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40754.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	1822266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51570.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1822267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65813.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1822268  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM
aeroscale

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some great suggestions here. I'm one of those guys that might be considered a "scale nut" but I still enjoy "personailizing" my models. Unless you are going to compete and must submit documentation against which your model will be judged/scored, I say have at it, exercise your right of creativity! Here's a couple of shots of my Corsair finished in a Royal Canadian Navy scheme which BTW, never existed; it still looks "right" and certainly possible! Let's see more of this type artistry!

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75838.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1822320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55760.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1822321  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A what-if certainly benefits from a good back story. Make it sound credible, even if those who know anything will know that it is not "real".

Here's an example of a plastic modeler's what-if that I saw recently:

[link=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu/8153758178/][/link]
[link=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu/8153758178/]1:72 Vought-CAC Corsair S(AW).1, '236'/WZ882, Royal Australian Navy, 806 Squadron/HMAS Melbourne, 1957 (Whif/Kit conversion)[/link] by [link=http://www.flickr.com/people/dizzyfugu/]dizzyfugu[/link], on Flickr